ADVERTISEMENT

`Manny on the Play of the OL: "Improvement"

Tiv

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jul 21, 2002
When Gary or Matt asked Manny about the play of the OL so far this spring, Manny immediately answered "improvement". You heard it from The Boss himself. Manny is a straight shooter, He's not gonna sugar coat anything. Here is exactly what he said:

The overall story of the offensive line, the word is `improvement,’” Diaz said. “Every individual guy has made in my mind a significant leap from where they were a year ago.”

Diaz said in the fall the team will figure out the best starting five, and he pointed to Navaughn Donaldson, Kai-Leon Herbert, DJ Scaife as making big jumps while also saying that John Campbell and Zalon’tae Hillery “are getting better.” He added Cleveland Reed “is improving.”

“I can’t think of a guy where it’s `Oh, yeah, that guy has gone backwards,’” Diaz said. “We were young at the offensive line last season, it’s hard to be young at that position.”

Diaz also said there are “some scheme-friendly things” that will help the O line.

It is what I saw with my own two eyes at the scrimmage last Saturday and statements like this from Manny that lead me to believe we will have a competent OL this season. Not great but competent.
One that's far better than the last few year's OLs.
And he didn't even mention Zion, who's having an excellent spring. It's amazing what a great coach will do for his unit. Searels really sucked.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News