ADVERTISEMENT

My Take On Disney And DeSantis

watch that 2m video i posted. It's really bad there & that's just the beginning not even counting the "Dont say Gay" even tho the bill never mentioned the word Gay
Dom. This is FUNTIME. So let's have fun. Counting down to Nov 4th

Reactions: Dom70
According to Newsweek, Disney has called DeSantis' bluff. Disney's Reedy Creek Improvement District (RCID) said the state of Florida cannot terminate the district unless the state pays off Reedy Creek's $1B debt fulfilling the state's pledge to bond holders per a 1967 act.
Reedy Creek currently has around $1B in extensive bond debt, according to Fitch Ratings, a credit rating agency.
Reedy Creek argues in a statement, posted to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board, on April 21, that Florida pledged to the District's bondholders that "it will not limit or alter the rights of the district."
"Florida, will not in any way impair the rights or remedies of the holders, and that it will not modify in any way the exemption from taxation provided in the Reedy Creek Act, until all such bonds together with interest thereon, and all costs and expenses in connection with any act or proceeding by or on behalf of such holders, are fully met and discharged."
The RCID was created as part of a 1967 act by Florida lawmakers under former Republican Governor Charlie Kirk Jr that granted Disney self governing authority.
The 1967 act allowed Disney full control over lands where it's theme parks are located in Florida. It is this act that allows RCID to have its own fire protection, utilities, planning and securities sevices.
As a result of a feud over Parental Rights Education bill that was recently signed into law, Gov DeSantis last week signed bill HB 3C bill stripping Disney of its special governmental rights and tax privileges in Florida. The bill is set to go into effect on June 1, 2023.
"Why should any company have the right to succeed from the state and govern itself? Its an extraordinary situation," said Florida House of Representative Randy Fine (R) who introduced the bill.
The new bill calls for dismantling six governing special districts in Florida, including the RCID which which acts as Disney's government in Osceola and Orange counties.
However, Reedy Creek said last week they will continue operations regardless, citing the state's pledge to bond holders.
"In light of the state of Florida's pledge to the district's bond holders, Reedy Creek expects to explore its options, while continuing its present operations, including levying and collecting it's ad valorem tax bonds and collecting utility revenues, paying debt service on its ad valorem tax bonds and utility revenue bonds, complying with its bond covenants and operating and maintaining its properties," Reedy Creek added in the April 21 statement.
This is a retaliatory act by FL republicans all because Disney spoke out against the states stand on LGBTQ. So Im sure Disney came to the defense of its 80,000+ employees, which includes a percentage of them being members of the LGBTQ community. Florida has a fascist Governor, one that tries to take away Disney's right to free speech. Its whats called having a homophobic tantrum and it could cost Floridians $2B and 25% higher property taxes. Florida residents will be on the hook and the states republican leaders will blame Democrats.
Grandstanding personified!

Political opponents of popular leaders will generally focus on the personality of the politician and not the results of his policies. I am results oriented. I cannot stand Trump personally and hope he never runs again.

But one has to be morally bankrupt to think his polices were not effective. DeSantis is using Trump-like policies without Trump's terrible habit of personally insulting anyone who disagreed with him.

Despite most major corporations donating heavily to Dems, those same Dems complain all the time about corporate behavior. Yet, when DeSantis pushed back against corporate behavior, he got attacked by these same Dems. Whatever way the wind blows. Following the example Mr. Biden has set throughout his career.

The Tsunami is coming in November. And it will be huge
Republicans always say they love Trump's policies and can't stand him but never bring up his corruption. Why?

According to Newsweek, Disney has called DeSantis' bluff. Disney's Reedy Creek Improvement District (RCID) said the state of Florida cannot terminate the district unless the state pays off Reedy Creek's $1B debt fulfilling the state's pledge to bond holders per a 1967 act.
Reedy Creek currently has around $1B in extensive bond debt, according to Fitch Ratings, a credit rating agency.
Reedy Creek argues in a statement, posted to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board, on April 21, that Florida pledged to the District's bondholders that "it will not limit or alter the rights of the district."
"Florida, will not in any way impair the rights or remedies of the holders, and that it will not modify in any way the exemption from taxation provided in the Reedy Creek Act, until all such bonds together with interest thereon, and all costs and expenses in connection with any act or proceeding by or on behalf of such holders, are fully met and discharged."
The RCID was created as part of a 1967 act by Florida lawmakers under former Republican Governor Charlie Kirk Jr that granted Disney self governing authority.
The 1967 act allowed Disney full control over lands where it's theme parks are located in Florida. It is this act that allows RCID to have its own fire protection, utilities, planning and securities sevices.
As a result of a feud over Parental Rights Education bill that was recently signed into law, Gov DeSantis last week signed bill HB 3C bill stripping Disney of its special governmental rights and tax privileges in Florida. The bill is set to go into effect on June 1, 2023.
"Why should any company have the right to succeed from the state and govern itself? Its an extraordinary situation," said Florida House of Representative Randy Fine (R) who introduced the bill.
The new bill calls for dismantling six governing special districts in Florida, including the RCID which which acts as Disney's government in Osceola and Orange counties.
However, Reedy Creek said last week they will continue operations regardless, citing the state's pledge to bond holders.
"In light of the state of Florida's pledge to the district's bond holders, Reedy Creek expects to explore its options, while continuing its present operations, including levying and collecting it's ad valorem tax bonds and collecting utility revenues, paying debt service on its ad valorem tax bonds and utility revenue bonds, complying with its bond covenants and operating and maintaining its properties," Reedy Creek added in the April 21 statement.
This is a retaliatory act by FL republicans all because Disney spoke out against the states stand on LGBTQ. So Im sure Disney came to the defense of its 80,000+ employees, which includes a percentage of them being members of the LGBTQ community. Florida has a fascist Governor, one that tries to take away Disney's right to free speech. Its whats called having a homophobic tantrum and it could cost Floridians $2B and 25% higher property taxes. Florida residents will be on the hook and the states republican leaders will blame Democrats.
Grandstanding personified!
Newsweek is pro Narrative now unfortunately. TO be honest, it's almost hard to get real journalism anymore. Most Main Stream Media now are NOT journalists anymore but the opposite of what they were intended if you havent noticed. Media was SUPPOSED to call out Gov't, left or right, if things dont make sense (Making up the name Don't Say Gay") as an example. COMPLETELY MADE UP, bill doesnt have the word Gay in it AND its about not teaching Grades k-3 that they can switch sexes & not being shown sexually explicit photos at that young of age

But the media fails to say that and only follows what they are told now (Propaganda)

Newsweek is pro Narrative now unfortunately. TO be honest, it's almost hard to get real journalism anymore. Most Main Stream Media now are NOT journalists anymore but the opposite of what they were intended if you havent noticed. Media was SUPPOSED to call out Gov't, left or right, if things dont make sense (Making up the name Don't Say Gay") as an example. COMPLETELY MADE UP, bill doesnt have the word Gay in it AND its about not teaching Grades k-3 that they can switch sexes & not being shown sexually explicit photos at that young of age

But the media fails to say that and only follows what they are told now (Propaganda)
2/2. Then, these Propaganda outlets created the Fact Checking sites which even if they are LYING, back the narrative. So, if someone who works 8-10 hours a day, always trusted a certain network in the past, hears it on the news & then maybe googles an article & Fact checkers verify it, BOOM, they think its accurate.

That's just our world right now.

DeSantis has already planned out his next move. The left’s dire warning about increased taxes for normal citizens is nonsense. Disney is not going to get anything free nor any relief from taxes or bond obligations.
Disney is stuck .
It has billions upon billions of $ tied up in the Florida resort and park . The own multiple hotels , golf courses, parks , roads and other real property
They don’t want to be crossways with a state government that can tax them to death .
DeSantis made them millions by letting the parks open early, whereas the California park was shut down
Meanwhile the growth of the Republican Party in Florida has been incredible

Reactions: central17
This has been covered pretty well so this is an overview. The state of Florida had a deal with Disney for nearly 55 years. Its safe to say Disney had its own government. Disney was allowed to control its own infrastructure, that is what really matters. It was a sub county in the state and being able to do things their way. Because DeSantis wanted it, he yanked it. It no longer exists, its going to go away. They, Florida Repubs, put a date in place far into the future of the elections so when the negativity arises from this FL Repubs would have already secured the elections. But this has already passed. Im sure there has been coverage on the bonds, i.e., the money that is now going to be owned by FL residents in the areas surrounding Disney and all of the possibilities that go along with this.
But one take is "Disney has invested too much to leave." Many are probably asking "whats next?" My guess is Disney Takes the State Govt To Court And Wins. Im not in the law profession but after reading thru all the info provided Im sure the state cannot do what it just did. Disney's lawyers will take this to court and they will win and everything goes back to normal. However, the genie is out of the bottle but I am fairly certain Disney can win in court. Their legal team will NOT let this slide.
Assuming that Disney doesnt win, the general consensus is Disney wont leave. That would be a wrong assessment. I think Disney has to leave. Not for any political reason or to teach DeSantis and his party members a lesson or naything like that. Disney will have to leave because they cant run it as Disney anymore. I have never been there but I have heard from those who have. When they drive around the area they are no buildings that have been abandoned or fallen into disrepair, no stickers or decals on lamp posts and park benches, no graffiti, no potholes, no busted tree branches on the side of the road, etc., everything was perfect. Thats what makes it the most magical place on earth. That is the Disney brand. If Disney cannot run, control their infrastructure it cant run Disneyworld.
The surrounding areas, the areas that will be taking over the responsibilities will not be able to maintain, upgrade these areas because they wont have the $$$$. There was a reason it was set up the way it was. Disney cant stay even if they win in court and even if they want to. They are going to take a huge loss. But if Disney cant go somewhere if they have a say in their infrastructure it will take a bigger loss due to damage from the brand. Because Disney wont be Disney anymore. Its sad because its going to devastate that side of the state. Its going to be a HUGE deal if Disney has to leave. Im sure they dont want to. They dont want to give up the investments of Billions of dollars. But I dont think they will have a choice regarding the infrastructure.
Im fairly certain if this doesnt go back to normal, they will have to leave. It may not be immediate but they have to look for somewhere else to go. They wont be able to make it the idyllic place people are so used to. Thats the whole point, that is what they sell.
One other thing that happened. Even though I believe Disney will take this to court and win. A signal went out to corporate America. It says "DO NOT INVEST IN FLORIDA. Do not come to Florida, dont make a deal with the state. Forget a bout long term investments and projects. It doesnt matter how long you plan to stay there. It wont matter how many jobs are created. How many $B you invest into infrastructure. It doesnt matter, it will all be taken away. That is the message DeSantis and his colleagues delivered. Regardless of how this is resolved, will without question will damage Florida's economy, FOR DECADES TO COME. as I said the genie is out of the bottle. Its already happened. It not going back in. When companies put together large projects that alter the economy of a state they are moving into, they are planned years ahead, maybe decades. If they cant plan decades ahead because the PR folks says something to offend the governor they wont be able to open up shop there.
The current administration in Florida that made this decision has damaged Florida a lot!!! It is damage that cant be undone regardless of what happens with Disney. It will last a long, long time. No company will come to Florida and invest billions when it can all be snatched away. No deal with the state matters. Even if it is place for 1/2 a century. A lot of people think Florida is immune to all of this of the tourist $$$$.
Understand tourists go to FL for the attractions, attractions that require deals with local and state govt. Deals that have people wondering if its going to be worth anything. I doubt in the past people visited Florida before it was improved. That is the area near and around Disney. If Im not mistaken those areas were called "Mosquito county." Without the investments, without the steady revenue from the economic activity, Those areas will no longer be the cities and towns that you know. That message went out loud and clear across the country. It was publicized at every turn. Even if Disney wins it doesnt mean the next company will, especially when they dont have the resources Disney does. They cant afford to take that risk. This was a horrible move. Setting aside the reasoning that I find horrendous, I find this move in particular at any point in time for whatever reason, the way it was done and all it did was damage the state and damaged the pockets for those that live in Florida.
I've been to the Disney in Anaheim and the motels just outside the property is run by pimps and drug dealers when I was there years ago. Don't know how it is today but I would pass on this Disney.

Michigan Governor Whitmer has reached out to Disney and offered cheap condemned land in downtown Detroit. She has told them that with Global warming, the winters are not so bad in Detroit anymore.
I'd love to see how that works out, Detroit is an apocalyptic wasteland.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT