ADVERTISEMENT

My Uncle the Legacy Chief booster

wake4law_cane4life

SuperCane
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2006
Miami
My aunt and uncle are both FSU grads from mid 80s and met while there and are serious long time fans and have been successful enough to be able to be in the 25k+ annual donation level for Fsu every year going back 15 or so years. We always text back and forth friendly banter about UM and FSU but he went radio silent today after 11am and just popped back up in the last half hour. Lemme tell you that things are so seriously bleak up there right now that I could immediately tell from the tone of his texts that I needed to be very careful with what I say. I felt it was important to respond as a family member not as a football fan or I could do major long term damage to our actual relationship. Thats how completely devastated and vulnerable they are right now.

I told him that football rivalry aside i know how much FSU means to them and it hurts me to see them experiencing this today. Its not just emotional irrational message board warriors losing their mind, at the higher levels of the program insiders they have an overwhelming sense that they've been dealt a fatal blow today and its time to realize they are no longer a serious football program nor have any realistic hope to become one in the foreseeable future. wow doesnt begin to capture this for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News