ADVERTISEMENT

Napa Fires

So nice of you, dol. Very kind of you to inquire.

Comments in perhaps too much detail:

* Fire is 20 miles north of my house. Praying for favorable winds to drive fire NE in 95-100 degree heat.

* top wineries are injured.

^ top resorts , eg Calistoga Ranch and Meadowwood, are either destroyed or severely injured.

* air quality sucks. My wife and I are fleeing to the coast to seek a rare hotel room where we can breathe.

* grape crop is threatened. Too much smoke.

This weather thing is happening every year.

i love my Canes

What sub regions of napa are the fires in? Do you grow your own grapes or do you source them?

What sub regions of napa are the fires in? Do you grow your own grapes or do you source them?

Main fires are in the northern parts of Napa Valley, St Helena to Calistoga. They extend west into Sonoma County near Santa Rosa.

We purchase grapes under long term contracts. Chardonnay is from the Petaluma Gap in Sonoma County, harvested last week. Cabernet is from Rutherford, Napa Valley. It’s being tested for smoke taint. Blending grapes (Merlot, Cab Franc and Petit Verdot) are from Atlas Peak. Already DOA.

Our contracted winemaking facility is under a shutdown order due to the fire. If it burns, all of their clients will lose the vast volumes of wine aging in barrels in its storage area.

Oh my god, i just saw a pic of hour glass winery. It’s burned to rubbles. I can’t believe it.

Main fires are in the northern parts of Napa Valley, St Helena to Calistoga. They extend west into Sonoma County near Santa Rosa.

We purchase grapes under long term contracts. Chardonnay is from the Petaluma Gap in Sonoma County, harvested last week. Cabernet is from Rutherford, Napa Valley. It’s being tested for smoke taint. Blending grapes (Merlot, Cab Franc and Petit Verdot) are from Atlas Peak. Already DOA.

Our contracted winemaking facility is under a shutdown order due to the fire. If it burns, all of their clients will lose the vast volumes of wine aging in barrels in its storage area.
I’m sorry to hear what you’re going through. Man that’s some serious real estate. Do you have distribution in florida?

'tez: I'm clueless about wine, however best wishes for your personal safety and for your home and business operation.

I ship direct to multiple retail customers in Florida. No restaurant or retail distribution there. See www.silverpointcellars.com.
Just talked to the regional rep for terroir distribution and sent a link to your site and said i want it. If they don’t make it happen, i buy from fifteen other wine distributors and will keep trying. The site looks cool. If you’re ever in town swing by my restaurant In central florida and we’ll talk some canes football (not politics).

Just talked to the regional rep for terroir distribution and sent a link to your site and said i want it. If they don’t make it happen, i buy from fifteen other wine distributors and will keep trying. The site looks cool. If you’re ever in town swing by my restaurant In central florida and we’ll talk some canes football (not politics).

👊🙌

Reactions: dolcane

* Fire is 20 miles north of my house. Praying for favorable winds to drive fire NE in 95-100 degree heat.

^ top resorts , eg Calistoga Ranch and Meadowwood, are either destroyed or severely injured.

* air quality sucks. My wife and I are fleeing to the coast to seek a rare hotel room where we can breathe.

i love my Canes
My buddy owns Melville Winery up by you .. haven’t been able to get a hold of him .. praying for all of you .. stay safe

T’s and P’s that you, your family, home, and business make it safely through these fires.

Thank you to all.

Update:

Bad news: We just lost our entire 2020 Red grape crop. Died on the vine as a result of 100 degree temperatures, very low humidity and smoke taint from the fires over the last 30 days.

Good news: The large, sophisticated winery facility where we and many other small wine producers make wine did survive. Fire came to its very doorstep and destroyed the building next door. This is also the storage spot where French oak barrels (full of finished wine) are vertically stacked as the wine ages for years before bottling. Close call.

We are going to the coast tomorrow for two days (very hard to get a hotel room) to breathe clean ocean air. Our air quality is way worse than India.

Anyway, Let’s go Canes!

Last edited:

i love my Canes

Feel very bad for you and that the citizens of California have an idiot Governor that does not understand the basics of how having too much dry rot creates major fire hazards. Governor pretty hair wacko following Governor Moonbeam equals bad things.

Last edited:
Feel very bad for you and that the citizens of California you have an idiot Governor that does not understand the basics of how having too much dry rot creates major fire hazards. Governorpretty hair wacko following following Governor Moonbeam equals bad things.
LOL

FYI, small world dept, Gov Newsome was married to the current Girlfriend of DJT Jr. Yes. That nut job Kimberly Guilfoyle who screamed her way through the Republican Convention.

She was:

* naturally beautiful
* lawyer colleague of Kamala Harris who became the DA of San Francisco
* married the up and coming mayor of SF

Then, she hit the transfer portal:

* divorced Newsome
* moved to NYC
* became a Fox News presenter
* got the standard Fox/Trump plastic surgery. Hard and angular. Severe, almost masculine.
* got married again.
* got divorced again
* took up with Don Jr
* celebrated her lavish birthday at Mar a Lago
* got a job with the Trump campaign
* scored a speaking gig at the Rep Convention

you can’t make this sh... up!

LOL

FYI, small world dept, Gov Newsome was married to the current Girlfriend of DJT Jr. Yes. That nut job Kimberly Guilfoyle who screamed her way through the Republican Convention.

She was:

* naturally beautiful
* lawyer colleague of Kamala Harris who became the DA of San Francisco
* married the up and coming mayor of SF

Then, she hit the transfer portal:

* divorced Newsome
* moved to NYC
* became a Fox News presenter
* got the standard Fox/Trump plastic surgery. Hard and angular. Severe, almost masculine.
* got married again.
* got divorced again
* took up with Don Jr
* celebrated her lavish birthday at Mar a Lago
* got a job with the Trump campaign
* scored a speaking gig at the Rep Convention

you can’t make this sh... up!

Cortez,
While you and I disagree on many issues, I do respect you for your knowledge and intelligent statement of your positions. Yes, Guilfoyle is an opportunistist whack job, but so is Newsome. They really should get back together - they were meant to be together, for better or WORSE.
BTW, I do also notice that most importantly you have great knowledge and understanding of UM football. Which is why we are all on this silly board.
A spirited debate makes us all smarter!

Transfer Portal comment was Awesome!

FYi, I know you are a fan of wines from Tuck Beckstoffer. Just read this morning that this operation was seriously damaged this week by fire.. I’ll send details as I learn more.

Cortez,
While you and I disagree on many issues, I do respect you for your knowledge and intelligent statement of your positions. Yes, Guilfoyle is an opportunistist whack job, but so is Newsome. They really should get back together - they were meant to be together, for better or WORSE.
BTW, I do also notice that most importantly you have great knowledge and understanding of UM football. Which is why we are all on this silly board.
A spirited debate makes us all smarter!

Transfer Portal comment was Awesome!

‘Thanks so much. I do indeed love college football and my Canes most particularly.

As an aside, I have met Gavin Newsom personally on two very short occasions. His company was the developer and manager of the residential area where I live. Met him in the bar and the gym.

* 6’3”, about 185.
* quiet presence.
* great movie star hair
* stylish
* best thing is his new wife. Very classy and beautiful, particularly if you like tall, skinny blondes in the Gwyneth Paltrow mold. Google Jennifer Siebel Newsom for photos. Former model and actress. Big upgrade over Guilfoyle. They have several kids.

I know most Trump supporters hate him. In Cali, however, I’m guessing he’d win re-election with about 70% of the vote. He reflects the state’s culture towards the environment, hi tech, entertainment, global warming and racial justice. Wouldn’t work in Florida. Does work on the Left Coast.

Last edited:
Reactions: central17
Seems to me that Guilfoyle made a smart move - she traded up for sure

If you’re a Trump/de Santis follower in Florida, you might argue that Guilfoyle traded up. If you’re a San Franciscan (birthplace of Guilfoyle, Newsom and home of Pelosi, ..Kamala is from Oakland, like me), you would think that Guilfoyle has lost her mind. She turned on her native city, her deeply rooted political background and her husband to be with DJT Jr., 9 years her junior.

In 2016, Trump got 10% of the SF vote vs 90% for Hillery. Will probably be the same this year with Trump getting about 10%. If de Santis ran for governor of California, he’d get about 20% of the vote concentrated in the non coastal agricultural areas of the state. Newsom would get 70% and the remainder would go to 2-3 wack job 3rd party candidates.

Ive stated before on here that most states get the governor they deserve. That is, one who reflects the cultural norms of the voters. That’s clear in California where the norms have changed and become established over the last 30 years. Registered Independents outnumber Republicans. Florida is still evolving as the very diverse population keeps changing. de Santis won by a hair and this presidential race will be a razor thin margin again this year. If Trump loses Florida, he loses the election.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT