ADVERTISEMENT

New Clubs

I always hit the SLDR farther than I did the M3. Why is that?

SLDR was a really low spin head, it was an absolute monster as long as you had the swing speed for it.... The TXG guys on YouTube just did an SLDR vs Stealth video for the hell of it and the SLDR was still just bombing it out there with the stealth and even further sometimes... It just didn't work for a lot of guys who couldn't swing fast enough to keep the ball in the air because the spin was so low...It's a bomber though in the right hands.

Looking at the stealth or callaway rogue. I play Mizuno HMB 20s irons. Still playing the original TM Burner driver. Most consistent club I have ever hit.

Reactions: CANESKINGOFCFB
Nothing stronger than ventus black by far #1 driver shaft on tour. I'm surprised how many hazardous comments it's probably the boardiest feel of any stock shafts on the market. A good compromise is tensei white which Rory played prior to ventus black.

I always hit the SLDR farther than I did the M3. Why is that?

SLDR was a really low spin head, it was an absolute monster as long as you had the swing speed for it.... The TXG guys on YouTube just did an SLDR vs Stealth video for the hell of it and the SLDR was still just bombing it out there with the stealth and even further sometimes... It just didn't work for a lot of guys who couldn't swing fast enough to keep the ball in the air because the spin was so low...It's a bomber though in the right hands.
Yea a lot of what he said honestly. I read they based the SIM off of the SLDR too. Were trying to get the distance but have it be more forgiving. Personally I think the original SIM is better than the SIM2, and you can see some guys like Colin Morikawa still using it. But yea if you can swing the SLDR it rips.

Glad you enjoyed the driver. I demoed it with my 70g Hrzdus shaft and it felt good. The Sim 1 is a heavier head and I am still using that one when I compete in windier links style setups where I can have a lower Apex and more rollout. Right now, I have the Sim 2 in the bag because it is a slightly lighter head than the Sim 1 and I enjoy generating the club head speed to get more of a launch angle (I am 112-118 club head speed with the Sim 2).

Mizuno is most underrated iron company in golf. Extraordinary brand and premium irons.

I’ve been with TaylorMade for almost 15 years and I’m loyal to the company in everything I have. My current bag is:

TM Sim 2 Driver 8 degrees, 70g Hzrdus shaft

TM P-790 2-Iron
- True Temper S300 105g steel shaft
- 14 degrees (de-lofted 3 degrees, it plays closer to a 1-Iron than a pure 2-Iron)

TM P-7MC 3-Iron to PW
- 1 degree strong
- 1 degree flat (PW is 46 degrees)

TM Milled Grind 3 Wedges, 50-54-58
- standard loft
- 1 degree flat
- 9-11-11 bounce

And my TM Putter, an old school TM-770 Est 79 from 2011, brand new.
U sound like a tour player lol

U sound like a tour player lol

Ha! Hard competing AMATEUR tour player, for sure.

Even amateur tournament competition is whole different ballgame than firing off rounds at your local course or with the guys on a Saturday over beers. The pressure of competition, putting everything out, course setups which are usually 131+ slope and 73+ ratings, conditions, quality of the field, etc. Amateur tour in the Championship Flight you have a lot of guys who played in college, current college players, older guys in their 50s and 60s who can methodically shoot 75-79 in the regular Championship Flight (3.9 GHIN or better) and stay relevant, and guys like me who played other sports who now compete in amateur golf.

What the players on the Korn Ferry Tour can do - not even the PGA Tour - the Korn Ferry Tour - shooting 66-69 on a weekly basis - is truly remarkable. Granted these guys are pros, but competing on an amateur tour where 73-75 is a solid round in a difficult setup and conditions, yet is still 6-12 strokes worse than what the high caliber pros are shooting, is remarkable.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT