ADVERTISEMENT

NFL’s approval sinking

No they aren't hurting themselves. See, what people don't want to understand is why they are kneeling. The purpose of why there is a protest is more important than money. See, money is a why people use to control others. Not everyone can be controlled by money. This is a peaceful protest about something that is important to them. More important than making a few extra bucks.

No they aren't hurting themselves. See, what people don't want to understand is why they are kneeling. The purpose of why there is a protest is more important than money. See, money is a why people use to control others. Not everyone can be controlled by money. This is a peaceful protest about something that is important to them. More important than making a few extra bucks.

I don't think half of the guys kneeling even know why they're doing it. A lot of guys just looking for attention.

They made $14 billion last year and TV rights are getting more expensive. The NFL is doing fine.

I don't think half of the guys kneeling even know why they're doing it. A lot of guys just looking for attention.
I am positive every person that is kneeling knows why they are doing it. They don't need attention. They are professional football players and can get attention anywhere they want in their cities for that one reason. They aren't stupid people. Just kneeling for attention. That's disrespectful to think they are that stupid.

They made $14 billion last year and TV rights are getting more expensive. The NFL is doing fine.
Yes, and they will continue to do just fine. People are free to watch something else but this isn't going to affect the NFL brand like some people seem to think. Football is immensely popular in this country.

Yes, and they will continue to do just fine. People are free to watch something else but this isn't going to affect the NFL brand like some people seem to think. Football is immensely popular in this country.
The numbers say otherwise, definitely trending in the wrong direction, just because it doesn’t fit the narrative in your world doesn’t mean it’s false

Reactions: vivijane
I am positive every person that is kneeling knows why they are doing it. They don't need attention. They are professional football players and can get attention anywhere they want in their cities for that one reason. They aren't stupid people. Just kneeling for attention. That's disrespectful to think they are that stupid.

The outrage over the kneeling is so dumb. The kneeling started bc Jay Glazer set up a meeting between Kap and a Ranger. The Ranger asked that Kap kneel instead bc sitting was disrespectful. Kap obliged.

For every person who says it’s distespectful to the troops, I can find a veteran who says it isn’t.

Finally, the whole kneeling issue was dead until Trump opened his mouth and called them all (at this point like 6 ppl) SOBs, just to get a few cheers and hollers from some rednecks supporting pedo Roy Moore.

The people who constantly whine and cry about it sound like, wait for it, a bunch of liberals.

Reactions: Uswagpak
Read the article, for the first time EVER the NFL,s approval numbers, are lower than its negative approval numbers, but go ahead and stick your head in the sand, to fit your narrative.

The numbers say otherwise, definitely trending in the wrong direction, just because it doesn’t fit the narrative in your world doesn’t mean it’s false

All TV ratings have been trending down, yet something like 10 of the top 20 most viewed programs this past year were NFL football games. 4 out of the top 5.

Reactions: Uswagpak
We don’t talk to the same veterans, I have an uncle buried in Arlington. I saw how that sacrifice affected people in my family, and how hurt they are over the kneeling.

All TV ratings have been trending down, yet something like 10 of the top 20 most viewed programs this past year were NFL football games. 4 out of the top 5.
This is significant, thats why the NFL, is trying to fix it, some forget its a business.

It's not "disrespectful" to think some of them are that stupid or that they are simply doing it for attention.

We don’t talk to the same veterans, I have an uncle buried in Arlington. I saw how that sacrifice affected people in my family, and how hurt they are over the kneeling.

I’m sorry they feel that way. And I’m greatful for your uncles service. But I would ask, are your veterans opinions more important than others?

No, I’m a veteran, but I would ask the family of those killed, whose lives were drastically altered, I appreciate the kind words about my uncle.

Very good point. We all have experiences with different people including veterans. As a veteran myself I can tell you that the military is one of most diverse places in the world to serve. We come from all over the country and in some cases originally from different countries. Every race and nationality is represented. Political views are also very diverse.

So while all the vets you talk to may be opposed to kneeling, I know many with different thoughts on this issue. Sure some of them are against kneeling completely but others correctly point out that our enlistment oath was to protect the constitution including free speech that we may not agree with personally. Nowhere in our oath are the words flag or anthem. So whether those vets like it or not, we all served to protect the rights of those players to kneel. I wouldn't do it personally but I support the player's right to do it. Nobody is getting hurt or killed. No property is being damaged. No riots. Completely peaceful.

I’m sorry they feel that way. And I’m greatful for your uncles service. But I would ask, are your veterans opinions more important than others?

26+ years service (Soldier), DV, and then worked another 5 for the Army after going to school, and I support the players’ “right” to kneel. Dad is also buried in Arlington National Cemetery. Would I kneel? No, but I’m not being discriminated against. Easy for me to say.

They’re kneeling because of police brutality and inequality guys, not because they want to disrespect Veterans, and I agree that Veterans’ opinions on the matter are no more important than any other Americans’. In the case of kneeling during games, the most important opinion is an owner’s opinion because the players work for their team owner. That not correct?

The right to protest is constitutional and I fully support players’ rights to peacefully protest; however, when they are on the job they MUST conform to the rules and direction of their employers; otherwise, they could get fined or worse, fired! In light of that, if the owners say no kneeling during the National Anthem, then there’s no kneeling, or risk the above penalty.

Just my honest opinion on the matter.

It's not "disrespectful" to think some of them are that stupid or that they are simply doing it for attention.
Yes, it is very disrespectful. It is a serious matter to the players that are doing it. Yet, you are trying to act like they are stupid and don't know what they are doing.

The outrage over the kneeling is so dumb. The kneeling started bc Jay Glazer set up a meeting between Kap and a Ranger. The Ranger asked that Kap kneel instead bc sitting was disrespectful. Kap obliged.

For every person who says it’s distespectful to the troops, I can find a veteran who says it isn’t.

Finally, the whole kneeling issue was dead until Trump opened his mouth and called them all (at this point like 6 ppl) SOBs, just to get a few cheers and hollers from some rednecks supporting pedo Roy Moore.

The people who constantly whine and cry about it sound like, wait for it, a bunch of liberals.
lmao....oh the irony huh? All my brothers went into the army. They tell me this is why the military fights. To defend our freedoms and that is one of them. So people can protest what they don't like about our government if they feel the need as long as it is a peaceful protest. Protest are part of who we are. Not just the protest we agree with. All of them down to the very creation of this country.

Yes, it is very disrespectful. It is a serious matter to the players that are doing it. Yet, you are trying to act like they are stupid and don't know what they are doing.

I truly believe many of them have no idea why they are actually doing it .. or what change they expect this action to bring about .. my opinion. There have been tremendous strides in overall race and minority relations in this country since the 1950's.

The US has had a black president as well as many top government officials, and prominent individuals in many sectors, including law enforcement and the military. Hispanics have certainly progressed tremendously. I have seen Latinos .. personally .. come into this country not even being able to speak English .. taking minimum wage manual labor jobs, learning English at night school, getting married, having children, and the kids have graduated from U of F and FIU.

Key factor .. strong core values .. family unit. Why do blacks not want to take any personal responsibility for their own situation? Why has the % of black children born out of wedlock increased from 14% in 1940, to 25% in 1965, and is now currently approaching 75%? Why doesn't Kap tell black kids to be responsible, not have 8-10 baby mommas .. kids with no father and no family environment? Family, role model, education = stability. Have some actual self-respect. That is what many people who are watching the kneeling are thinking.

lmao....oh the irony huh? All my brothers went into the army. They tell me this is why the military fights. To defend our freedoms and that is one of them. So people can protest what they don't like about our government if they feel the need as long as it is a peaceful protest. Protest are part of who we are. Not just the protest we agree with. All of them down to the very creation of this country.

Exactly. That is why I served, bottom line, whether I like the protest or not.

In this particular case, I know why they protest, I agree with their protest, but if owners say not to do it while working, then I gotta side with owners.

I truly believe many of them have no idea why they are actually doing it .. or what change they expect this action to bring about .. my opinion. There have been tremendous strides in overall race and minority relations in this country since the 1950's.

The US has had a black president as well as many top government officials, and prominent individuals in many sectors, including law enforcement and the military. Hispanics have certainly progressed tremendously. I have seen Latinos .. personally .. come into this country not even being able to speak English .. taking minimum wage manual labor jobs, learning English at night school, getting married, having children, and the kids have graduated from U of F and FIU.

Key factor .. strong core values .. family unit. Why do blacks not want to take any personal responsibility for their own situation? Why has the % of black children born out of wedlock increased from 14% in 1940, to 25% in 1965, and is now currently approaching 75%? Why doesn't Kap tell black kids to be responsible, not have 8-10 baby mommas .. kids with no father and no family environment? Family, role model, education = stability. Have some actual self-respect. That is what many people who are watching the kneeling are thinking.

What makes you have the opinion that they don't know what they are doing?

NFL ratings are down, no doubt (lack of stars, predictable games, CTE, etc). IMHO, it’s a mistake to link that decline to the “kneeling” issue. Why?

Our most explicitly patriotic sport, NASCAR, is way down, much more so than the NFL. Empty stands. Low TV ratings. Aging core audience. Failure to attract millennial to its car culture. Loss of star drivers. Fewer crashes.

For both the NFL and NASCAR, it’s about the product, not patriotism. Got to renew your product offering while retaining loyal fans and building new ones. Kneeling is irrelevant.

Exactly. That is why I served, bottom line, whether I like the protest or not.

In this particular case, I know why they protest, I agree with their protest, but if owners say not to do it while working, then I gotta side with owners.

One of my problems, is that you’re taking a dispute between party a and b, and punching party c in the eye. The family I know who lost a family member way to young, don’t see it any other way.

NFL ratings are down, no doubt (lack of stars, predictable games, CTE, etc). IMHO, it’s a mistake to link that decline to the “kneeling” issue. Why?

Our most explicitly patriotic sport, NASCAR, is way down, much more so than the NFL. Empty stands. Low TV ratings. Aging core audience. Failure to attract millennial to its car culture. Loss of star drivers. Fewer crashes.

For both the NFL and NASCAR, it’s about the product, not patriotism. Got to renew your product offering while retaining loyal fans and building new ones. Kneeling is irrelevant.
I can’t agree with your opinion, I’ve talked to too many people, who state that as the reason they don’t watch the NFL anymore. I grew up loving the NFL, I cant even stomach it anymore. The games been ruined for me, I’ve moved on.

But they are not going to be kneeling anymore. NFL finally got the message and the good people win again.

We’ll see what they think, when there’s not as much money to go around, and it will affect their pockets, if they keep it up, they may have already done irreversible damage.

We’ll see what they think, when there’s not as much money to go around, and it will affect their pockets, if they keep it up, they may have already done irreversible damage.
Nothing worth having doesn't require sacrifice.

What are they protest about?

Lol, the reason I ask is bc it proves the players’ point that ppl are choosing not to listen. It has been repeated over and over and over again that the protest is for the unfair treatment of ppl of color by police officers who are not held accountable for their unfair treatment. It has nothing to do with the flag or military, and it never has.

Reactions: cdwright40
I see so disrespecting the flag is for another purpose. Kind of like burning the flag because you didn’t like your dinner.

Lol, the reason I ask is bc it proves the players’ point that ppl are choosing not to listen. It has been repeated over and over and over again that the protest is for the unfair treatment of ppl of color by police officers who are not held accountable for their unfair treatment. It has nothing to do with the flag or military, and it never has.

I see so disrespecting the flag is for another purpose. Kind of like robbing a bank because you didn’t like your dinner.

This is why I laugh at the “liberals are crybabies” narrative. The idea of kneeling came from a veteran as a way to show respect and also bring attention to their cause.

Yeah. I knew why by the way but some (CD) likely couldn’t begin to tell you. He’s just glad to have other folks disrespecting our great country in any way they can.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT