ADVERTISEMENT

Ok Boys Lets get Serious and Get to Work- Roster Analysis

swaggerforlife

SuperCane
Sep 20, 2013
Louisiana
Mario is now Official.. Theres energy and enthusiasm in the building that hasn't been felt since probably Butch Davis ( and Mark Richt)

Now its time to Roll up our sleeves and Get into it.. There's nobody in the Building thats going to work harder than Mario at getting this Program back to where it needs to be.. And I'm Greatful for that as a Fan.. But I think if we're all honest with ourselves.. I think there's some major work to do in terms of rebuilding this Roster on Both the Offensive and Defensive Sides of the Ball...

Mario is obviously your more Traditional Head Coach from a Recruiting Perspective which I for One Believe in Firmly, You build a Team with a Strong Recruiting Foundation at your Local High School Level and Nationally.. Thats how great team's are Molded... However, In this One Case.. I'll Digress a bit.. and say that in Year 1.. I don't think it would be a Stretch for Mario to Dip into the Portal a bit on this First Go Round.. And thats only BC of the Immediate Needs of our Current Roster.. We all Know what is Staring us right in the Face.

WR, CB, DE, LB, and OL are GLARING needs that must be Addressed on this Football Team.. And for Year 1.. High Schoolers arent the Answer.. Its Great that all these 4 and 5 stars are looking at Miami now.. Don't get me Wrong.. But at those Aforementioned Positions we need DAY 1 Starters walking into the Building.. It will be interesting to See if Mario (once the Staff is put Together) can convince Anyone from Oregon to join him at THE U (Noah Sewell comes to Mind)..

My Advice to Mario.. Year 1 ... is to put that Energy and Focus that we all love you have into that Effort... Supplementing with the new High School Interest you can get committed.. If it takes some Roster Attrition.. Then thats what it takes.. Not Everyone can Wear the U on Gameday

Would love to get the Boards thoughts on this...

Reactions: canes720
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News