ADVERTISEMENT

OT UPDATE 7/20 Miami Dolphins New National Anthem Policy - POS Ross now says he may not do anything

Its a matter of respect. They do it because they feel disrespected and I get it. Im not blind and I understand this issue needs to be addressed BUT

What about that widow that is at the game with her kids that lost her husband in a war and you have these POS players kneeling and basically shitting on her husband and the flag that he lost his life for.

NOT COOL !!!
They feel disrespected. OK.

What happens if the whole team kneels?

That would be hilarious if the whole team did it. I actually hope like 30 players do it! Peaceful protest for a noble cause that is heartfelt in a country that was born out of protest w a constitution that preserves that right.

"SOB...v...Very fine ppl"... Lord help us!

Reactions: ellu and klbcec
The reason we have the Nazi wannabe as president is exactly because people are tired of this BS. Dont you see it? Not to say the issues are not important but demonstrate it in other ways. I came here as a Cuban refugee and I am damn proud of what this country has done for me. U may find ways to justify it (freedom of expression) but this is guttural and in the long run it will turn around and bite you.

Class of 73

Strongly disagree!

Reactions: ellu
It's about racial equality why they kneel during games
There are thousand of issues for which you can kneel, where does it end. The issue is NOT the problem, its the fact that players are choosing to do so at a time of the game when everyone pays respect to the country WE all love. Personally, I have no objection to recognizing all the issues in the world, however, there is a right time and place. The players should ask for a separate dedicated moment before, during or after the game to kneel for whatever cause they want to represent whether unified or separate.

1. Nothing in the contract mandating that players stand during the national anthem and

2. Players stayed in their locker rooms during the anthem until 2009

Reactions: ellu and SolarCane
They aren't disrespecting the widow or the flag. That's faux right wing outrage. Since when has taking a knee meant disrespect? People kneel in respect to God every Sunday.

Fact is, because of the amount of respect they have for the principles of this country, they are protesting during the anthem because they do not believe the country is living up to its principles.
And the owners and fans have a right to protest their protest.

Reactions: canefam and klbcec
Our flag stands for more than those who served our country. It is supposed to represent freedom, equality, and the right to have an opinion contrary to the masses. Protesting during the anthem and supporting our war veterans are not mutually exclusive positions. Walk in another person’s shoes before you condemn based on your viewpoint of the world or what untrue you believe their actions represent.
Obummer you are correct. However, the owners and the fans have rights also. Privileged men, regardless of race, who get paid millions to play a boys game maybe should not be what we want for the country. How many teachers, doctors etc.. would we be able to fund with the dollars we pay these priviledged individuals?

Reactions: orly 1022
Here is my opinion:

I wanna see Malik kneeling in the victory formation at the end of the LSU game with us up by 50 points to avenge the 2005 bowl debacle.

Trying to save this thread from the lounge lol.

Lol a private organization enforcing a policy? I would be looking for a new job if I decided to protest during my quarterly finance meetings

BINGO.

This is what liberals, the liberal bitch whore mainstream media, and the players themselves continue to fail to understand.

They all keep saying it's about "racial inequalities", "racial inequalities", "racial inequalities"... Not shit it's about racial inequalities. People know kneeling is about racial inequality.

This is about EMPLOYERS protesting at work for their EMPLOYEES' companies i.e., NFL franchises. There are no "freedom of speech" safeguards. That legal analysis only becomes applicable when the GOVERNMENT's conduct impacts the individual's right of freedom speech. If you're a player and your make a statement- a political statement, a racial statement, ANY statement, then YOU, the PLAYER, the run risk of being fined, suspended, traded, fired, cut, etc...

Players can and should be able to make the statements they want to make OUTSIDE of the scope of their employment, in their own personal time. When you on your boss' time, you better STFU, toe the line, and get with the program- or, go BUY an NFL Franchise and set whatever internal policies you want concerning the anthem.

What happens if the whole team kneels?
Game over, I think that's pretty simple.
To be honest the NFL should be suspending these players for more than 4 games, and without pay even, but I know that's the franchise responsibility....but that's the way it should be.

It's about racial equality why they kneel during games

It doesn't matter what it is about. At any other job you can't protest on the clock if your employer doesn't want you to. An NFL player is an employee of their team. If the player wants to use his fame and access to the media to protest something then he is more than welcome to. However, if his employer doesn't want him protesting on the clock then he shouldn't be able to. It's really that simple.

Obummer you are correct. However, the owners and the fans have rights also. Privileged men, regardless of race, who get paid millions to play a boys game maybe should not be what we want for the country. How many teachers, doctors etc.. would we be able to fund with the dollars we pay these priviledged individuals?
Maybe the owners will put it in the CBA so they actually do have a right. And fans have rights, too. They can stand, kneel or do what they want during the anthem. But you don't have a right to prohibit others from offending your delicate sensibilities.

Reactions: SolarCane
BINGO.

This is what liberals, the liberal bitch whore mainstream media, and the players themselves continue to fail to understand.

They all keep saying it's about "racial inequalities", "racial inequalities", "racial inequalities"... Not shit it's about racial inequalities. People know kneeling is about racial inequality.

This is about EMPLOYERS protesting at work for their EMPLOYEES' companies i.e., NFL franchises. There are no "freedom of speech" safeguards. That legal analysis only becomes applicable when the GOVERNMENT's conduct impacts the individual's right of freedom speech. If you're a player and your make a statement- a political statement, a racial statement, ANY statement, then YOU, the PLAYER, the run risk of being fined, suspended, traded, fired, cut, etc...

Players can and should be able to make the statements they want to make OUTSIDE of the scope of their employment, in their own personal time. When you on your boss' time, you better STFU, toe the line, and get with the program- or, go BUY an NFL Franchise and set whatever internal policies you want concerning the anthem.
It actually has to do with the CBA and not simply "employment at will" in a vacuum. If this is something that the owners care deeply about, they need to work it into the next CBA. Sure, you can fire your secretary in your office for protesting, but your secretary doesn't have a CBA.

Reactions: SolarCane
Well it looks like they backed down again after the Racist Communist Primadonna players started crying. Man I am so happy I don't have Dolphin season tickets.

Our flag stands for more than those who served our country. It is supposed to represent freedom, equality, and the right to have an opinion contrary to the masses. Protesting during the anthem and supporting our war veterans are not mutually exclusive positions. Walk in another person’s shoes before you condemn based on your viewpoint of the world or what you believe their actions represent.
I decided to walk in the shoes of an NFL player this morning. You know, the ones who were afforded a free education and a multi million dollar vank
Our flag stands for more than those who served our country. It is supposed to represent freedom, equality, and the right to have an opinion contrary to the masses. Protesting during the anthem and supporting our war veterans are not mutually exclusive positions. Walk in another person’s shoes before you condemn based on your viewpoint of the world or what you believe their actions represent.

Even when the very "founder" of this movement wears socks with Fidel Castro and Pigs referring to police officers? I am sure our troops are fond of the Castro socks. Get a clue young man.

Last edited:
BINGO.

I think you said it backwards, didn't you mean EMPLOYEES or the players protesting at work for their EMPLOYERS or the owners?

BINGO.

I personally don't have strong feelings one way or the other about this issue and most employers don't play the National Anthem at their organizations even within the federal government and I work for DoD. My question is what's the difference between or how can NFL owners require players to stand for the National Anthem but the Supreme Court can rule that forcing kids at school to recite the Pledge of Allegiance as being unconstitutional?

It actually has to do with the CBA and not simply "employment at will" in a vacuum. If this is something that the owners care deeply about, they need to work it into the next CBA. Sure, you can fire your secretary in your office for protesting, but your secretary doesn't have a CBA.

I agree that the players' union should address this issue in the next CBA.

I personally don't have strong feelings one way or the other about this issue and most employers don't play the National Anthem at their organizations even within the federal government and I work for DoD. My question is what's the difference between or how can NFL owners require players to stand for the National Anthem but the Supreme Court can rule that forcing kids at school to recite the Pledge of Allegiance as being unconstitutional?

re: the issue of Pledge of Allegiance in schools only applies to public schools.

I think public schools are part of govt. State govt I believe. SCOTUS I guess ruled against religion and govt mixing. NFL is a private body and the franchise's are private employers. But I do believe the new SCOTUS will enable religion to go back into public schools as soon as the first case comes up.

re: the issue of Pledge of Allegiance in schools only applies to public schools.
And? What does whether they're parochial or public schools have to do with the unconstitutionality of the Pledge? If you're going to say separation of church and state not all private schools are catholic, Lutheran, faith based.

I think public schools are part of govt. State govt I believe. SCOTUS I guess ruled against religion and govt mixing. NFL is a private body and the franchise's are private employers. But I do believe the new SCOTUS will enable religion to go back into public schools as soon as the first case comes up.
Yeah I get that Honey in terms of separation of church and State but not all private schools are catholic, Lutheran, faith based.

You can grab pussy and only get a 3 game suspension, but if you kneel you get 4.

I think the Dolphins are just preparing themselves to make excuses for why they are so shitty, again.

Reactions: klbcec
You can grab pussy and only get a 3 game suspension, but if you kneel you get 4.

I think the Dolphins are just preparing themselves to make excuses for why they are so shitty, again.
But you can get accused of domestic violence, have the DA and others say there was no evidence of a crime occurring and get six games.

Yeah I get that Honey in terms of separation of church and State but not all private schools are catholic, Lutheran, faith based.
Who says all private schools are shoving Catholicism down the throats of students and teachers? I'm sure the Hebrew Academy here on Miami Beach is not doing that. They are reciting from the Torah. What SCOTUS did was take away prayer of any kind. When I was in public elementary school in the 70s, before 1st period, in homeroom, they announced over the PA, "Now take 30 seconds if you want to pray to the God of your choice". Now...what's wrong with that?

Last edited:
Reactions: dorcane
Who says all private schools are shoving Catholicism down the throats of students and teachers? I'm sure the Hebrew Academy here on Miami Beach is not doing that. They are reciting from the Torah.
You also have non religious charter schools, well up here in Indiana we do. I don't know about Florida.

From a US Veteran and a person who has fought for this country. The NFL and the Dolphins has lost a fan. I fought for Americans to have the right to protest. How do you punish people for exorcising their 1st and 5th amendment rights? More importantly, how do brush aside the purpose of the protest? Lives are being lost at the hands of those that abuse their powers. Where is the outrage for that?

Holy shit; how many times can we have this same debate/discussion?

@gferman It's not spamming it's a current football subject which involve Hurricane players in the league. Why Doc has to cry about it when he can just choose to ignore it. Some people are amazing.

THE RULES OF THE BOARDS

1. No Profanity, racist, religious or sexist comments. This includes using abbreviations or changing one letter of a swear word such that the word(s) are still interpreted by most as profane.

2. No Sexual Innuendos

3. No attacking other posters with venom because you disagree with them. Just disagree and state why you disagree. What is attacking other posters -- Bringing up their name in posts that they did not start or were not involved in, just to get a reaction from them; Consistently responding to their posts and responding with no merit other than to belittle them; In short, making a poster a target.

4. No linking to content outside of the Rivals.com network. And do not copy content from other websites and then post it on this message board. Whether it's premium content or not, copying content from another website violates copyright laws.

5. Use common sense when criticizing players or coaches. If you would not say it to their faces, then don't post it. Criticism is obviously allowed, and encouraged if the shoe fits. But that does NOT mean you have free range to bash or alienate a player or coach with your comments. If you disagree with how they played or the effort they put forward, please voice your opinion and state why you hold that opinion. But do it in a respectful way.

6. No attacking recruits: Just because a player may choose another school does not give you the right to blast them, in any circumstance. There will be zero tolerance on this issue. These are 17-year-old kids.

7. Let the recruits make their own commitment announcements, even if you have an inside source. There is no reason to steal this moment from 17-year-old kids.

8. No posting of commercial offers, competing websites or spamming of the board will be permitted.

9. Keep signatures tasteful. No nudity. And if you can crop them so they are not so big everyone will be grateful not to have to use their scroll button so much.

10. If your subject is not related to THE MIAMI HURRICANES, post it in The Lounge. Don't complain to us that The Lounge doesn't have the same audience as the War Room. Make The Lounge interesting.

11. Recruiting discussions should be posted in The Storm Center board.

12. Do not give out your personal information on the message board or chat room. The message board is for Canes discussion, not the place to ask your buddy to call you or email you. Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information (such as your email, phone number etc.) online --- for example, via message boards or chat --- that information can be collected and used by people you don't know. You give out your personal information at your own risk.

13. Don't use this board as a forum to attack any CaneSport staffer or CaneSport in general. Use email for that -- canesport@yahoo.com. We will always answer you. Arguing with CaneSport on the board about board policy/bannings is grounds for instant banning.

14. For several reasons, we often see complaints on the boards because a post was deleted, moved or locked. Message boards are moderated with the goal of protecting and maximizing the user experience. Everyone has different tastes, so there are no perfect solutions. Chances are that you will not agree with every decision. Posting questions or comments about board decisions is against the rules. The procedure is to email us at canesport@yahoo.com. You can discuss the decision with us that way. It is not to be debated on the board.

15. There has been confusion in the past about the policies pertaining to rumors and several posters have requested we loosen our guidelines. Lets try this: If you feel you have a credible rumor, you may post it as long as it is labeled RUMOR in the subject heading. Rumors that reflect negatively on a student athlete, a coach or the UM program, shouldn't be posted on the message boards. This is strictly applied when we are dealing with student athletes who can't defend themselves against bogus and potentially damaging rumors. If you come across a negative rumor that you think is legitimate, the proper procedure is to email us about it at canesport@bellsouth.net. We will look into it and do our best to verify whether or not it is true.

16. Message boards can not be used to promote events in public establishments which sell food and beverage, goods or services without prior consent of CaneSport

And? What does whether they're parochial or public schools have to do with the unconstitutionality of the Pledge? If you're going to say separation of church and state not all private schools are catholic, Lutheran, faith based.

It has everything do with private v. public. The Constitution protects individual rights from GOVERNMENT intrusion.

Its a matter of respect. They do it because they feel disrespected and I get it. Im not blind and I understand this issue needs to be addressed BUT

What about that widow that is at the game with her kids that lost her husband in a war and you have these POS players kneeling and basically shitting on her husband and the flag that he lost his life for.

NOT COOL !!!

What about the wife or husband that serve in the armed forces and still have to witness their spouses and family deal with racism, police brutality, and other social injustices. They are fighting for America and still being treated like second class citizens.

It’s POS people like yourself who lack awareness and empathy but are the first to get on your soapbox. GTFOH!!!

Reactions: klbcec
THE RULES OF THE BOARDS

1. No Profanity, racist, religious or sexist comments. This includes using abbreviations or changing one letter of a swear word such that the word(s) are still interpreted by most as profane.

2. No Sexual Innuendos

3. No attacking other posters with venom because you disagree with them. Just disagree and state why you disagree. What is attacking other posters -- Bringing up their name in posts that they did not start or were not involved in, just to get a reaction from them; Consistently responding to their posts and responding with no merit other than to belittle them; In short, making a poster a target.

4. No linking to content outside of the Rivals.com network. And do not copy content from other websites and then post it on this message board. Whether it's premium content or not, copying content from another website violates copyright laws.

5. Use common sense when criticizing players or coaches. If you would not say it to their faces, then don't post it. Criticism is obviously allowed, and encouraged if the shoe fits. But that does NOT mean you have free range to bash or alienate a player or coach with your comments. If you disagree with how they played or the effort they put forward, please voice your opinion and state why you hold that opinion. But do it in a respectful way.

6. No attacking recruits: Just because a player may choose another school does not give you the right to blast them, in any circumstance. There will be zero tolerance on this issue. These are 17-year-old kids.

7. Let the recruits make their own commitment announcements, even if you have an inside source. There is no reason to steal this moment from 17-year-old kids.

8. No posting of commercial offers, competing websites or spamming of the board will be permitted.

9. Keep signatures tasteful. No nudity. And if you can crop them so they are not so big everyone will be grateful not to have to use their scroll button so much.

10. If your subject is not related to THE MIAMI HURRICANES, post it in The Lounge. Don't complain to us that The Lounge doesn't have the same audience as the War Room. Make The Lounge interesting.

11. Recruiting discussions should be posted in The Storm Center board.

12. Do not give out your personal information on the message board or chat room. The message board is for Canes discussion, not the place to ask your buddy to call you or email you. Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information (such as your email, phone number etc.) online --- for example, via message boards or chat --- that information can be collected and used by people you don't know. You give out your personal information at your own risk.

13. Don't use this board as a forum to attack any CaneSport staffer or CaneSport in general. Use email for that -- canesport@yahoo.com. We will always answer you. Arguing with CaneSport on the board about board policy/bannings is grounds for instant banning.

14. For several reasons, we often see complaints on the boards because a post was deleted, moved or locked. Message boards are moderated with the goal of protecting and maximizing the user experience. Everyone has different tastes, so there are no perfect solutions. Chances are that you will not agree with every decision. Posting questions or comments about board decisions is against the rules. The procedure is to email us at canesport@yahoo.com. You can discuss the decision with us that way. It is not to be debated on the board.

15. There has been confusion in the past about the policies pertaining to rumors and several posters have requested we loosen our guidelines. Lets try this: If you feel you have a credible rumor, you may post it as long as it is labeled RUMOR in the subject heading. Rumors that reflect negatively on a student athlete, a coach or the UM program, shouldn't be posted on the message boards. This is strictly applied when we are dealing with student athletes who can't defend themselves against bogus and potentially damaging rumors. If you come across a negative rumor that you think is legitimate, the proper procedure is to email us about it at canesport@bellsouth.net. We will look into it and do our best to verify whether or not it is true.

16. Message boards can not be used to promote events in public establishments which sell food and beverage, goods or services without prior consent of CaneSport
Doc, NONE of us can say that we've followed all of the rules to a tee

Reactions: Doc Holliday-JB
There are thousand of issues for which you can kneel, where does it end. The issue is NOT the problem, its the fact that players are choosing to do so at a time of the game when everyone pays respect to the country WE all love. Personally, I have no objection to recognizing all the issues in the world, however, there is a right time and place. The players should ask for a separate dedicated moment before, during or after the game to kneel for whatever cause they want to represent whether unified or separate.

That’s BS because i see so many fans sitting down and matter factly on their phones, in the bathroom or at the concession stand during the anthem. I’m all for respect and if it’s truly about the flag...THEN EVERYONE NEEDS TO STAND AT ATTENTION, INCLUDING FANS!

Reactions: ellu
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT