ADVERTISEMENT

Parkland Fl 911!!

Is that Corey Gaynors high school....also I think Rizzo from the Cubs?

The shooter in custody, they should put him in a room by himself w Gaynor.

Prayers to everyone involved.

There are videos circulating on social media. Horrifying for these kids and their families. My brother in laws daughter attends this school and it’s nothing short of chaos. Took a very long time to even pick up his daughter. Thankfully she’s safe and ok. Many others can’t say the same. Just awful!

There are videos circulating on social media. Horrifying for these kids and their families. My brother in laws daughter attends this school and it’s nothing short of chaos. Took a very long time to even pick up his daughter. Thankfully she’s safe and ok. Many others can’t say the same. Just awful!
Good to hear!!!! This is just bad!!!

Reactions: Canesman511
Florida public school has a state wide law lock all doors from beginning to end of every period. I wish all states would adopt this . this apparently saved more lives compared to open classrooms. Apparently he pulled a fire alarm to lure students out and what's so ironic the school apparently had a fire drill earlier that morning. Prayers for lives lost and recovery to the wounded.

Florida public school has a state wide law lock all doors from beginning to end of every period. I wish all states would adopt this . this apparently saved more lives compared to open classrooms. Apparently he pulled a fire alarm to lure students out and what's so ironic the school apparently had a fire drill earlier that morning. Prayers for lives lost and recovery to the wounded.

Not all teachers lock their doors, despite the laws. Hope that wasn't the case here.

Sen. Nelson has now said gunman was wearing a gas mask and had smoke grenades and also said total 17 dead..Horrible situation...

At least 17 confirmed dead.Horrible . We need some faculty trained and armed in schools now -very sad.

Reactions: IHeagledriver
I graduated in 2009 from Douglas. Im at a loss of words. If you’re not safe in Parkland, you’re really not safe anywhere.

Kid was already not allowed to come inside the school with a bag when he was a student. How in the hell was this kid not locked up before?

Shooter had a history of following Syrian and Afghan fighters on YouTube and other social media venues. Kid is a total nutcase! Just so horrible. Please hug your kids tonight and know law enforcement does everything in its power to prevent these types of situations. So very sad.

And he likes to sport Make America Great Hats.

Reactions: cems52 and Uswagpak
Parkland was just picked as the safest city in Florida for 2017 and 15th safest in the country with only 7 violent crimes for the year.
Unfortunately there are nut jobs everywhere.

I’m at the station tonight and I can’t either. I work with a lot of the firefighters/paramedics that responded today and they said it was the worst day of there careers. We see a lot of ****ed up shit but today was horrible. This craziness has become too common place. Sad for the families and first responders nowadays we are having to get multi cross trained. Got four of our guys in swat school right now for swat medic you better believe more of us will be doing swat school now. Horrible horrible day.

I can't imagine what it would be like to be one of these 15 yr olds seeing what they're seeing and knowing who and what happened. Then I think about my little son and him growing older and the possibilty of this. The whole experience is crippling to say the least. I'm so sorry for these kids and their family's it hurts. May god give them strength.

Reading a bit ago their football coach gave his life to protect kids. I can't sleep this bothers me so much tonight. I am praying for all these families.
He took 3 bullets trying to push kids out the door to safety. I went to MSD and I can attest to how well liked Coach Feis was. I’m still at a loss of words that something like this could happen at Stoneman Douglas.

I’ll say this once and only once. You don’t make something like this about politics and you’re wrong

Because gun laws and the fact he was able to get an AR has nothing to do with politics.

I grew up in Coral Springs. I had many friends that went to Douglas and some now have their kids there. This is very personal to me, as it is with many people on this board. The fact that we still sit here after so many have been murdered because our politicians have made zero effort or progress to find some sort of solution to help protect our children from the NRAs greed makes me want to puke. But hey, this has nothing to do with politics.

Reactions: Uswagpak
Because gun laws and the fact he was able to get an AR has nothing to do with politics.

I grew up in Coral Springs. I had many friends that went to Douglas and some now have their kids there. This is very personal to me, as it is with many people on this board. The fact that we still sit here after so many have been murdered because our politicians have made zero effort or progress to find some sort of solution to help protect our children from the NRAs greed makes me want to puke. But hey, this has nothing to do with politics.
You want to blame politicians... blame the ones who’ve defunded mental health facilities. Blame the ones who’ve got in bed with Big Pharma! These are the culprits that are at the root of what we are seeing here. We have failed miserably the last 50 years in treating our mentally ill. We do almost nothing for them. We have a generation of mental ill raising kids who are guess what... mentally ill. I’m a school sro! This is very personal to me too! Our fire alarm just went off this morning and it wasn’t a drill. You know how many freaked out kids there were?

Law enforcement knew who this kid was at Parkland. He’s 19... where does he get all those guns being he’s 19? They’re
Criminals and you think a criminal listens to some law that tells them they can’t do something?

You want to blame politicians... blame the ones who’ve defunded mental health facilities. Blame the ones who’ve got in bed with Big Pharma! These are the culprits that are at the root of what we are seeing here. We have failed miserably the last 50 years in treating our mentally ill. We do almost nothing for them. We have a generation of mental ill raising kids who are guess what... mentally ill. I’m a school sro! This is very personal to me too! Our fire alarm just went off this morning and it wasn’t a drill. You know how many freaked out kids there were?

Law enforcement knew who this kid was at Parkland. He’s 19... where does he get all those guns being he’s 19? They’re
Criminals and you think a criminal listens to some law that tells them they can’t do something?

He got all those guns because the gun laws in Florida are essentially non-existent.

I am the Director of a school so yes I do understand what it is like trying to make sense of all this today in a school setting. The amount of parents and grandparents I have had to speak to today with fears and concerns is incalculable. Sitting and saying "now is not the time to talk about gun control" or "don't politicize this" is ****ing garbage at this point. Because if we continue at the pace we are on we have 1.5 more days before another school shooting will happen. The pressure needs to be put on ALL POLITICIANS. And it needs to happen now because "not talking about it" is not going to improve a damn thing.

Last edited:
He got all those guns because the gun laws in Florida are essentially non-existent.

I am the Director of a school so yes I do understand what it is like trying to make sense of all this today in a school setting. The amount of parents and grandparents I have had to speak to today with fears and concerns is incalculable. Sitting and saying "now is not the time to talk about gun control" or "don't politicize this" is ****ing garbage at this point. Because if we continue at the pace we are on we have 1.5 more days before another school shooting will happen. The pressure needs to be put on ALL POLITICIANS. And it needs to happen now because "not talking about it" is not going to improve a damn thing.
So please explain how you plan to take away gun from all the legal gun owners who would give their life’s to save those children from a POS like that kid? All 300 million firearms! Not possible and you live in fantasy land.

Reactions: PalmaBoy
So please explain how you plan to take away gun from all the legal gun owners who would give their life’s to save those children from a POS like that kid? All 300 million firearms! Not possible and you live in fantasy land.

Explain to me how you would free 4 million slaves?

This was also a reason for not freeing blacks. Not possible. You live in a fantasy land if you ever thought South would give up slavery.

Explain to me how you would free 4 million slaves?

This was also a reason for not freeing blacks. Not possible. You live in a fantasy land if you ever thought South would give up slavery.
I guess the big difference here is that owning a fellow human being is wrong. How is owning a gun and never hurting or even pointing it at someone wrong? I wholeheartedly agree with you that something needs to be done but I can't agree with taking away guns from those who have done nothing wrong. That would be no different than taking away everyone's trucks simply because there are those that would use that product to kill many people at once as well.

Reactions: PalmaBoy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT