ADVERTISEMENT

Pentagon chief Esper says no need for military response to George Floyd protests

LOL....
tumblr_ozna6tmuPq1vg1enro1_400.gifv

Trump is already starting to walk back the cornerstone of his Monday address after Esper pretty much shut down any thoughts of using the Army or Marines against protesters..
I'm shocked! We are getting the you misunderstood speech already?

Trump is already starting to walk back the cornerstone of his Monday address after Esper pretty much shut down any thoughts of using the Army or Marines against protesters..

So you’re saying if Trump orders the military Esper can say no ?

Reactions: mahb
He doesn’t need to do that and I’m 100% against it. The mayors of these cities need to allow law enforcement to do their jobs. Incidentally it’s not the peaceful protestors who are the problem. It’s the agitators. The people who show up looking for conflict and create conflict. They’re not the same people.

He doesn’t need to do that and I’m 100% against it. The mayors of these cities need to allow law enforcement to do their jobs. Incidentally it’s not the peaceful protestors who are the problem. It’s the agitators. The people who show up looking for conflict and create conflict. They’re not the same people.
Problem is that the protesters are allowing the criminals to use them as a vehicle to commit literally every crime in the book. It’s a culture of enablement. With out the protestors just going along with it, the rioters would be wiped out in hours but they’re getting sanctuary with the protestors that could care less about the destruction going on and in a lot of ways are trying to justify it. I get that the protesters and the criminals are different but they do go together hand in hand both literally and figuratively.

Reactions: ZEKEMUG
Trump can only order in the military if he does so in concert with governors.

So in 1957 when Governor Orval Faubus had Arkansas National Guard block entry into high school by 9 black students and Eisenhower sent in Federal Troops, He cleared that with the Governor ?

Reactions: advarkas
So you’re saying if Trump orders the military Esper can say no ?
Or resign.....Esper now realizes that his Commander in Chief is mentally unstable and he will not follow any deranged orders the President gives him..

Or resign.....Esper now realizes that his Commander in Chief is mentally unstable and he will not follow any deranged orders the President gives him..

Oh Ok, I thought you said Esper shutdown any thought of using the military. BTW when did he say Trump is mentally unstable or deranged. Or was that you again saying it.

So in 1957 when Governor Orval Faubus had Arkansas National Guard block entry into high school by 9 black students and Eisenhower sent in Federal Troops, He cleared that with the Governor ?
A president can only bring in the military in concert with governors. That's how I interpreted what I read of the law. Look it up and make your own decision!

Last edited:
It’s been used 14 times 5 without the Governor’s request or approval. Look it up !!!
I'll take your word for it. Now that all the officers have been charged, that won't come into play anyway. In the instances you're referring to, the governors themselves were the violators.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT