ADVERTISEMENT

Questions/concerns on defense going forward

TKBray

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2017
Does Richt DEFINITELY want to stick with a DC that runs a 4-3? I would think so but that would also limit your options when searching for a coach. Do we have the personnel to run a 3-4? We have undersized DT's other than Jordan Miller, who probably isn't ready to play, and Jon Ford. What would that mean for Garvin? He may be our best returning defensive player so it's important for him to be in a position to succeed. I don't think he's a 3-4 DE and not sure he would be best served playing OLB in a 3-4.

What about Shaq and Pinckney, do they want to spend their final season learning a new defense? Are they more inclined to leave now?

Also, I loved incorporating the striker position into our defense. And I think we had guys that were perfect for that role with guys like Finley and Derrick Smith, not exactly safeties but not exactly linebackers either. Finley played really well at that spot this season. I'd hate to see him and/or Smith get lost in the wash if moved to strong safety or weakside linebacker where neither may not be as suited to play.

Guess all we can do is wait and see...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News