ADVERTISEMENT

Reading through the lines

dgold181

Gold Member
Dec 16, 2018
Hey Canes - first post, have been a member since 2018 and haven't seen the need to post with the solid content going out and not having any valuable information to add. But, considering that we're all in here waiting, figured I would give my 2 cents:

Keep Manny BOT needs to be silenced but I assume this is not happening (by Frenk) because a public spectacle would continue to make this look like a circus (think of kids paying around and the parents yelling at their children), or Frenk is hesitant to silence donors of such large magnitude. He is currently ignoring the children (in public), which many of us are not fans of. His best play is to fire Manny immediately after/during the PAC12 game and be done with it. I understand the business mentality that you do not replace someone without having an upgrade (look at FSU with WiLLLLLie or some could argue UF with Mullen). Frenk just recently learned this by firing his AD without a solid plan in place.

Gathering from what Gary has been mentioning, Miami is working on their shift, however the Keep Manny BOT are acting like children, thinking this would change anything. I'm encouraged when Gary states that they're approaching this as a business. I read across the boards "you don't keep your gf if you're looking for a better one" and, although I agree, this is an emotional viewpoint, not a logical one. There are very clear upgrades to Manny (Mario, Kiffin, among others), but Miami needs to plan what is the best step to take, and then sternly and swiftly take that step - not wait 2-5 days in between steps to allow other players to react.

Best guess: AD is announced tomorrow morning, Manny is fired on Friday/Saturday, the BOT loses their minds with no appropriate recourse, Mario is hired thereafter. Yes I know this is optimistic, but I would be very surprised if intelligent business people don't make a move (at HC) that significantly affects the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News