ADVERTISEMENT

Remarkably, EVERY GAME On The 2015 Schedule Is WINNABLE...

advarkas

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2007
Hometown: Coral Gables; Currently: Downtown FTL
I understand that coaching matters, but just looking at the schedule and the general rosters of each team and how they finished last year and did in recruiting this year, there is absolutely NO team on our 2015 schedule which I look at and say: "That's an automatic loss"... There just isn't, in my opinion, and that has to have some value as far as at least having a "puncher's chance" in each game... There is no Alabama, Oregon, Ohio State, TCU, etc. on this schedule...

What I DO SEE is a bunch of above average to good teams which fall into that next tier of 8-4/9-3 teams, with maybe Florida State reaching 10-2. I think Nebraska under Riley can be a good 9-3 type team. Clemson is probably a 9-3/10-2 type team. I expect Georgia Tech to be a tough 9-3 type team. But does ANYBODY really look at the roster and say, "WHOA...!!! Watch out for [insert team] ..." lol... Because I sure as hell don't, even with OUR coaching staff... I honestly believe that we have some solid talent on offense and a quality depth chart on defense, and with Kaaya leading the team, I think we can AT LEAST "be in" every game.

The REAL issue, of course, lies in the coaching staff. So, when I read about these lines in Vegas saying that we are a 5.5-6 win team, that is VERY telling of the national perception of our coaching staff, because truth be told, the Coastal Division is BEGGING for some team to dominate and win it, and a good coaching staff could probably win 9 games blindfolded in this ACC Conference which is filled with B to B+ teams, but no elite A- to A teams...

This year i.e. YEAR FIVE, is truly on the coaching staff. We cant discuss "elite talent" and whether we have enough on both sides of the ball all day long, but to win the Coastal Division and "muster up" a 9-3 type season on THIS schedule could be done by just about any ABOVE AVERAGE coach... I think that MUSCHAMP could go at least 8-4 with this roster and schedule...

Every game is winnable.

Reactions: geneway
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News