ADVERTISEMENT

Richt screams just doing enough to stay afloat to me and here's why

ButterP

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2008
Now let's give him credit for the multiple 10 win seasons and I think 2 SEC Championships. I'm not down playing it at all because those multiple 10 win seasons are incredible considering the SEC had won like 7-8 straight MNC's. Now he's had everything a HC in the SEC could want. Facilities, packed stadium, fan support and the support of an AD. Along with not having to deal with people coming and hand picking his home grown talent yearly. Like say a MIAMI, FSU or UF has to deal with YEARLY. Yet he has never gotten over the hump. Is the SEC the toughest conference in CFB? Yes it is, but recently he hasn't faired as well vs his nemesis or rivals. Butch on the other had beat FSU at the U and UNC. I'm not trying to make this into a Butch v Richt thread, but losing to your rival repeatedly has gotten many a coach fired in CFB and the NFL. We've been so bad for the past 10-15 years that were willing to accept someone who can't get over the hump. Now is he a consistent winner yes, but has and can he win the BIG ONE. Well he hasn't yet. This is not a homerun hire that we were looking for meaning the fanbase will still be divided because 70% of us want Butch for what he's done here. Is he better than Golden yes, but everyone we considered was better than Golden besides say MARIO who with another shot at coaching. May prove to better than Golden as well. I PRAY TO GOD THAT ALL OF US WHO WANT BUTCH ARE WRONG IF THEY HIRE RICHT. I'm not with just winning ACCCG games that's all I compare it to because he hasn't won a MNC. Can he and does he have the Fire to fight off Saban and Urban for recruits? He can't say look at my record vs them because he never played Urban but I think his record vs Saban is below .500. People will still come and try to take from us can he stop it like Butch. I just don't see him stabilizing us for the future because his heart right now is really in ministry and not football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News