ADVERTISEMENT

Save The Children

cems52

SuperCane
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2006
Parkland, Florida
I thought this song was appropriate for the times we're in. With the massacre of our children so frequent we need a moment to reflect on our decisions and why this is happening. For some of us this song might resonate but for others, have mercy on their soul. This song was recorded almost 50 years ago and still relevant. The song is by Marvin Gaye.

Last edited:
Your word choice in another post was regrettable but this says what your heart feels.
I did at least man up and admit my mistake and apologize to the other poster. At my age, and even with all the crap that life throws my way, every morning I get out of bed is a wonderful day. Careful though cems, my MX race in Pocatello Id, was cancelled this weekend so I'll have plenty of time this weekend for our debates. Haha.

Reactions: majus12
I did at least man up and admit my mistake and apologize to the other poster. At my age, and even with all the crap that life throws my way, every morning I get out of bed is a wonderful day. Careful though cems, my MX race in Pocatello Id, was cancelled this weekend so I'll have plenty of time this weekend for our debates. Haha.
That made me laugh. But I'm also disappointed in you. Perhaps I was mistaken by what I thought I saw in your soul.

• Haha
Reactions: 801canesmxer
You may have manned up but it doesn't make what you said pointless unless you truly believe you misspoke.

I thought this song was appropriate for the times we're in. With the massacre of our children so frequently we need a moment to reflect on our decisions and why this is happening. For some of us this song might resonate but for others, have mercy on their soul. This song was recorded almost 50 years ago and still relevant. The song is by Marvin Gaye.

Glad you posted this. We do absolutely agree that what is happening to our children is horrific.

Reactions: cems52
The innocent children getting shoot in the liberal cities in their own homes and neighborhoods though is not an issue though. Did not see any posts about them. Close your eyes.

I was just listening to this album last month. I think it was Rolling Stone that rated this the greatest album ever. The entire album holds true today....and a fun fact. Motown would not allow him to release this album. He had to do it once he left because they felt it wouldn't sell and people don't want to hear these kinds of lyrics.

I was just listening to this album last month. I think it was Rolling Stone that rated this the greatest album ever. The entire album holds true today....and a fun fact. Motown would not allow him to release this album. He had to do it once he left because they felt it wouldn't sell and people don't want to hear these kinds of lyrics.
Marvin Gaye was an incredibly talented artist and Motown created some of the best sounding music in history.

How wrong Barry Gordy was. Maybe one of the few times he was wrong about music.

Reactions: cdwright40
The same thing happened to Hank Williams Sr. He had to release an album under the pseudonym of Luke the Drifter, which remains one of my favorite LP's of all time.

I remember that song. It's ironic you having an issue with politicians telling you how to run your life but Trump tells a bunch of right wing nutjobs to storm the Capitol but no response from you. How does that work?
Everytime there is a possibility of an intelligent discussion about a neutral subject, your TDS flares up. Did you forget to drink your bleach again.

Another awesome late 60's, early 70's anti war song. But isn't everything the Stones did awesome?

Everytime there is a possibility of an intelligent discussion about a neutral subject, your TDS flares up. Did you forget to drink your bleach again.
Stop with your hypocritical bull shzt. Your post about the song Sunshine was not neutral especially when you post this lyric.

And he can't even run his own life I'll be damned if he'll run mine, Sunshine

This lyric is at the heart of the gun control issue. That is, you having as many guns as you desire and nobody will tell you otherwise.

Stop with your hypocritical bull shzt. Your post about the song Sunshine was not neutral especially when you post this lyric.

And he can't even run his own life I'll be damned if he'll run mine, Sunshine

This lyric is at the heart of the gun control issue. That is, you having as many guns as you desire and nobody will tell you otherwise.
Can we agree that a great protest song is embraced by both sides?

You are entitled to your opinion. But don't get mad because someone has a diverse opinion.?
That lyric brings Joe Fauci to my mind. And Joe Biden, as he condemns 50% of America. We all see the great job he did as a father, raising a crack head.

Reactions: Kinggeorge3
Can we agree that a great protest song is embraced by both sides?

You are entitled to your opinion. But don't get mad because someone has a diverse opinion.?
That lyric brings Joe Fauci to my mind. And Joe Biden, as he condemns 50% of America. We all see the great job he did as a father, raising a crack head.
No need for appeasement after getting called out. Also, 50% of America does not hold your opinion. It's more like 35%, a minority.

This is a somewhat updated rendition of Marvin Gayes What's goin on....considered a truly great all time album. Spot on 'til this day

Reactions: cems52
main-qimg-e740522e8e5a948b5a43d0d87cd55bc3-lq

I just love when dumb asses get into grown folks business.
I never thought in my lifetime American men would become such betas that they would beg the government to take their freedom away than fight like real men for it. America would never had been great if the attitude of today was the attitude in 1776. I bet y’all’s grand folk in their graves are gnashing their teeth

Reactions: mahb and central17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT