ADVERTISEMENT

Some time has passed, now let’s talk about ar’s

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2005
I admittedly own one and was great full for it in 2017 when the media built up that hurricane to be the next hurricane andrew on steroids. Clearly it wasn’t anything (thank you media for doing your thing and terrifying the state of florida for your can’t miss ratings) but we didn’t know that at the time. We were led to believe by the media that it was going to be like katrina where we were all going to be on our own with bad guys running the show. Wild west if you will but with even more liability. The purge if you will.

If the police can’t protect us because they’re spread to thin and too busy protecting their family’s and your house and business are at the mercy of bad guys and they know what you have and think you’re easy pray, AR. That glock or shot gun isn’t going to get it done against multiple bad guys with guns that they obtained illegally. That’s just one example. If you’re a boat captain and you’re sailing or what ever from country to country, pirates are a real threat. Hand guns and shot guns not going to get it done. AR is what you NEED.

that being said, there has to be a compromise. It drives me up a wall that i can buy and sell an ar under zero table to anyone with no strings attached but a licensed dealer has to go through back round checks. It makes zero sense to me. Why is it such an issue for people to have to go through back round checks when buying guns the right way but it’s A ok to buy guns from joe schmo? I’ll go a step further.

if you want a suppressor or an automatic rifle it is legal. That’s great. Most crimes aren’t committed by people with their class 3’s. It’s like $200, not crazy and takes way longer to get, fine. Why not just make ar’s class 3’s? When it’s all said and done if you’re class 3 comes back and you’re denied, there’s probably a reason for it. We just gave ukrain billions of dollars and there’s literally trillions of dollars on the table for green energy bs. The financial resources are there.

zero crimes are committed by hunting rifles. These things at high end with high end scopes can take a small target out from a hundred yards away. Where do you draw the line? What’s the difference between a hunting rifle/sniper rifle (that’s what it is) and an ar other than the ammo capacity? A lot. I’m here to tell you that an ar is more lethal than a hand grenade. Why the push back on back round checks/“gun show loop holes”?

nobody that legally wants to carry ar’s would be effected by these regulations.

for those of you that disagree with my premise, I challenge you to go to a central fl gun show. I think you’ll change your mind. Fact, a whole lot of guns sales at these shows are between the guests and not just the licensed dealers. Why? Because they don’t want to go through the back round checks. Why? Use your imagination. Not trying to profile but it doesn’t take the cia to figure out there are always a ton of undesirables at these shows. Lot of them clearly don’t have good intentions. Just because it’s illegal for a criminal to buy a gun, doesn’t mean that it’s illegal for a NON ffl licensee to sell a gun to a criminal. Blows my mind.

Last edited:
Not sure which dream of the left is more ridiculous
The one about going green and thinking fossil fuel will go away or the one that banning a certain firearm will stop deranged evil people from killing innocent people.
I agree. Do you disagree with my premise though?

I agree. Do you disagree with my premise though?
For the most part but I don’t know if your against gun shows but even if they outlawed aks and anything like them there’s 20 million out there and everyone knows a guy that can get you one if you want it. And all the criminals know those guys. I think there should be a stricter law on purchasing those kind of guns. I’ve hunted for years and never used on of them but they shoot the same caliber of bullet that hunting rifles do . And in today’s world you can turn a hunting rifle into the same thing very simple. I just think nobody wants to do what’s hard everyone wants a quick fix like turning on a lite switch. Or turning off a lite switch.
Because everyone of us in society is feeling guilty and ashamed that as a nation we keep watching kids get mowed down and then they blame each other and do nothing. The hard work is secure the schools start teaching morals again instead of division and victim hood. Start holding people accountable for wrong behavior. Stop spending all of our tax money on stupid programs that have been failing for years . Stop giving all of our tax dollars and borrowing more to give to and protect other countries before you protect our Children.

I admittedly own one and was great full for it in 2017 when the media built up that hurricane to be the next hurricane andrew on steroids. Clearly it wasn’t anything (thank you media for doing your thing and terrifying the state of florida for your can’t miss ratings) but we didn’t know that at the time. We were led to believe by the media that it was going to be like katrina where we were all going to be on our own with bad guys running the show. Wild west if you will but with even more liability. The purge if you will.

If the police can’t protect us because they’re spread to thin and too busy protecting their family’s and your house and business are at the mercy of bad guys and they know what you have and think you’re easy pray, AR. That glock or shot gun isn’t going to get it done against multiple bad guys with guns that they obtained illegally. That’s just one example. If you’re a boat captain and you’re sailing or what ever from country to country, pirates are a real threat. Hand guns and shot guns not going to get it done. AR is what you NEED.

that being said, there has to be a compromise. It drives me up a wall that i can buy and sell an ar under zero table to anyone with no strings attached but a licensed dealer has to go through back round checks. It makes zero sense to me. Why is it such an issue for people to have to go through back round checks when buying guns the right way but it’s A ok to buy guns from joe schmo? I’ll go a step further.

if you want a suppressor or an automatic rifle it is legal. That’s great. Most crimes aren’t committed by people with their class 3’s. It’s like $200, not crazy and takes way longer to get, fine. Why not just make ar’s class 3’s? When it’s all said and done if you’re class 3 comes back and you’re denied, there’s probably a reason for it. We just gave ukrain billions of dollars and there’s literally trillions of dollars on the table for green energy bs. The financial resources are there.

zero crimes are committed by hunting rifles. These things at high end with high end scopes can take a small target out from a hundred yards away. Where do you draw the line? What’s the difference between a hunting rifle/sniper rifle (that’s what it is) and an ar other than the ammo capacity? A lot. I’m here to tell you that an ar is more lethal than a hand grenade. Why the push back on back round checks/“gun show loop holes”?

nobody that legally wants to carry ar’s would be effected by these regulations.

for those of you that disagree with my premise, I challenge you to go to a central fl gun show. I think you’ll change your mind. Fact, a whole lot of guns sales at these shows are between the guests and not just the licensed dealers. Why? Because they don’t want to go through the back round checks. Why? Use your imagination. Not trying to profile but it doesn’t take the cia to figure out there are always a ton of undesirables at these shows. Lot of them clearly don’t have good intentions. Just because it’s illegal for a criminal to buy a gun, doesn’t mean that it’s illegal for a NON ffl licensee to sell a gun to a criminal. Blows my mind.
Well thought out essay, with an attempt to find areas of agreement. My only concern about stricter background checks, etc is that it puts more power in the hands of the federal government over individual's lives.

Is it really beyond the imigination for a Lois Lerner type (former IRS chief that targeted Republicans for audits) to be in charge, to say, "Oh' they are a Republican, they must be crazy - no permit for you".

We have Merrick Garland that investigated parents of Loudon County parents as terrorists, because he has a family financial stake in CRT, so anyone against CRT is obviously "an enemy of the State". You wanna trust him with your life?

The most recent example is bat shit crazy Nina Jankcowicz being in charge of free speech. She might be put in charge of who if you can buy an AR. Can just see her going over your application, "6882 is a Republican small business man that likes sports and has a few drinks. People like him are the enemy and should never be allowed to own so much as a BB gun"

Being done at the state level, with the Federal government providing data bases (ONLY) is a MUST for any compromise. DC should have no say in who owns a gun in Florida. Yes the public need protection from 18 year old social media radicalized nut cases. But we also need protection from wanna be dictators like Lerner, Garland, Jankowicz, Fauci, et.al.

A lot of good points being made in this thread, this is a little off topic, but Columbine showed assault weapons bans don’t work. @cems52

Indeed, they didn't work in the 1997 Hollywood shootout either. It's laughable to think any law that would outlaw any gun will be heeded by criminals capable of murder.

"On the morning of February 28, 1997, after months of preparation, including extensive reconnoitering of their intended target – the Bank of America branch located at 6600 Laurel Canyon Boulevard – Phillips and Mătăsăreanu armed themselves with a semi automatic HK-91 and several illegally converted weapons: two Norinco Type 56 S rifles, a fully automatic Norinco Type 56 S-1, and a fully automatic Bushmaster XM15 Dissipator.[16]"

A lot of good points being made in this thread, this is a little off topic, but Columbine showed assault weapons bans don’t work. @cems52

You will never get an honest, direct, answer to this because it's not listed in the MSNBC talking points.

Too many guns...is a likely response. But, if you ask, we'll how many is NOT too many? NO answer.

Reactions: grbcane
Indeed, they didn't work in the 1997 Hollywood shootout either. It's laughable to think any law that would outlaw any gun will be heeded by criminals capable of murder.

"On the morning of February 28, 1997, after months of preparation, including extensive reconnoitering of their intended target – the Bank of America branch located at 6600 Laurel Canyon Boulevard – Phillips and Mătăsăreanu armed themselves with a semi automatic HK-91 and several illegally converted weapons: two Norinco Type 56 S rifles, a fully automatic Norinco Type 56 S-1, and a fully automatic Bushmaster XM15 Dissipator.[16]"
I forgot all about that, that was surreal.

You will never get an honest, direct, answer to this because it's not listed in the MSNBC talking points.

Too many guns...is a likely response. But, if you ask, we'll how many is NOT too many? NO answer.
Especially with CEMS, I was demonstrating how absurd his statements were by being absurd right back, and it didn’t register.

• Haha
Reactions: central17

After the Columbine shooting a strategy was put in place that stated the No.1 goal was to rush to gunfire and interdict the shooter. This strategy was either unknown or just ignored by the officers in Uvalde.

After the Columbine shooting a strategy was put in place that stated the No.1 goal was to rush to gunfire and interdict the shooter. This strategy was either unknown or just ignored by the officers in Uvalde.
I know, to me this was unbelievable.

For the most part but I don’t know if your against gun shows but even if they outlawed aks and anything like them there’s 20 million out there and everyone knows a guy that can get you one if you want it. And all the criminals know those guys. I think there should be a stricter law on purchasing those kind of guns. I’ve hunted for years and never used on of them but they shoot the same caliber of bullet that hunting rifles do . And in today’s world you can turn a hunting rifle into the same thing very simple. I just think nobody wants to do what’s hard everyone wants a quick fix like turning on a lite switch. Or turning off a lite switch.
Because everyone of us in society is feeling guilty and ashamed that as a nation we keep watching kids get mowed down and then they blame each other and do nothing. The hard work is secure the schools start teaching morals again instead of division and victim hood. Start holding people accountable for wrong behavior. Stop spending all of our tax money on stupid programs that have been failing for years . Stop giving all of our tax dollars and borrowing more to give to and protect other countries before you protect our Children.
I’m not against ak’s or gun shows. I just think this is one area (trust me you won’t here me say this often) that there needs to be more regulation.

I think anyone that buys a gun that’s not antique should have to go through a licensed ffl. In edition to this I think ar’s should be class 3. As far as the fear of dems putting someone in charge of class 3’s, we have people in our government already in charge of class 3’s and it’s working. Do you really want automatics and suppressors available with out class 3 licensees? I don’t. I just think that you might have way more faith in the corrupt competency of the people you described to have the ability to pick and choose who’s in charge of who gets a class 3 and who doesn’t. I can honestly say that I know a lot of people that have class 3’s and not one person that ever applied for one that didn’t get it. In fact there’s even a way now to get a class 3 under a trust. Pretty much none of the violent crime that’s being committed is taking place with automatics or suppressors even though there’s A TON of it out there. Declassify these things and it’d be an even scarier world than we’re in now.

Last edited:
Ever notice that Cems and CD never enter these discussions between logical people, they like to pick and choose, I don’t own any guns except a hunting rifle and a shotgun but I am not for telling someone how they can defend themselves. Take the number of legally registered ARs and then see how many murders are committed with them. It is a very low percentage. Where is the outrage from CD and Cems when there is mass murder in black communities on a daily basis, they are so full of shit

Just a thought if the liberals think 18 year olds or actually anyone under 21 is too young to buy a AR because they could be planning on shooting up a school, then why do they think that someone that might be thinking about shooting up a school should be allowed to vote ?

Reactions: central17
Not going to lie. Starting to think you should have to be 25 to vote. Kinda of also think their should be a test for qualification to vote. If you don’t know what you’re voting for, you should not have the right to vote. Unless of course you’re a soldier.

It’s not the 1800’s any more. The woke love to talk about changing everything and how out dated our constitution is but let’s talk about this.

Things are different now, as liberals love to bring up regularly. It’s no longer The great generation anymore and the younger generation today no longer have the perspective of life that people before them were mandated to risk their lives and life savings and fight for our rights and did everything that they could to put our country in the position it’s in going back to when they were 18.

The voters should be the ones working and paying tax’s. People that can tell you the difference between congress and senate. I’m talking about people that actually have skin in the game. If you want to step up to the poker table, you should damn well know the steaks, have skin in the game and know the rules and who you’re up against. Not the 18 year olds that are just being bribed with free bees that have zero concept of the real world and zero incentive to contribute.

legalized foreigners literally have a better understanding of our system and government than most 18 year olds. That’s a problem.

all that being said, I think you should have to be 21 to own an ar and have a class 3. There is a difference between a high velocity hunnting rifle and an ar mentality wise. It’s like comparing an original antique 40 cal thompson gun to an h&k sp89. You buy these things for different reasons. Colt peace maker vs rossi 357. They’re both hand guns and one is perfect in every way where is the other is a pos but which one do you think is involved in crime?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT