ADVERTISEMENT

The Government is still shutdown

cdwright40

SuperCane
Aug 14, 2007
49620871_1986132128169369_642369288908308480_n.jpg

Couldn't agree more Mr. Trump. A government shutdown is a lack of leadership. A shutdown means the president is weak.

Reactions: cems52
Shut it down. Build the wall. Plain and simple. E- verify. Just do the same things that Hillary, Obama, Sher, Pelosi, and Dickie Durbin already voted for in 2006.

Thinks he would be a great athlete, great coach, AD, board moderator, or recruiter.

Let's see. Dumbass right wingers say
Come across the boarder legally according to the law.
No way we can let 170 million people into our country
A strain on American tax payers.
Control of illegal drugs
Control of criminals
Let's see Brilliant left wingers
Come all open boarders
All criminals welcome
All illegal drugs welcomed
No law and order ok not to follow.
Take American jobs from Americans because we have no work force.
Free medical for all illegals
Free housing for all illegals
Safe city's for all illegals that break the law
Pay no taxes because you are entitle to the American dream on Tax payers back..
All this for future votes
Glad I'm a dumbass right winger and not brilliant like Cems and cd lmao

Control of illegal drugs
Control of criminals
Come all open boarders
All criminals welcome
How can they take American jobs when we have no work force?

Control of illegal drugs
Control of criminals
Come all open boarders
All criminals welcome
Take American jobs from Americans because laws already in existence are not enforced due to Corporate greed for cheap labor. Enforce the law and the problem goes away!

Reactions: cems52
Real effect of govt shutdown? All the talk centers on the hardships of govt workers who are working without pay or are furloughed. True enough.

But, here’s another perspective..negative impact on customers dependent on agencies that are now shutdown.

Ex. My neighbor and his wife are legal immigrants (Ireland and Sweden) who need to renew their work visas on a scheduled basis. They do that in the US Embassy in their home countries. ( FYI, they founded a digital marketing company in the US that now has 50 employees.)

For Xmas this year, they scheduled a dual purpose trip home: see the family and renew their visas. Phase 1 was fine. Phase 2 was a total failure. Why? The US Embassies in Ireland and Sweden are shut down for purposes of passport and visa services. They were turned away. They even got their Congressman to contact the State Dept to see if something could be done. No luck. Total shutdown.

Now, they are going to have to schedule and spring for another international trip to renew their visas. Tight time window. Big travel expense. Big pain in the butt.

Real effect of govt shutdown? All the talk centers on the hardships of govt workers who are working without pay or are furloughed. True enough.

But, here’s another perspective..negative impact on customers dependent on agencies that are now shutdown.

Ex. My neighbor and his wife are legal immigrants (Ireland and Sweden) who need to renew their work visas on a scheduled basis. They do that in the US Embassy in their home countries. ( FYI, they founded a digital marketing company in the US that now has 50 employees.)

For Xmas this year, they scheduled a dual purpose trip home: see the family and renew their visas. Phase 1 was fine. Phase 2 was a total failure. Why? The US Embassies in Ireland and Sweden are shut down for purposes of passport and visa services. They were turned away. They even got their Congressman to contact the State Dept to see if something could be done. No luck. Total shutdown.

Now, they are going to have to schedule and spring for another international trip to renew their visas. Tight time window. Big travel expense. Big pain in the butt.

There are countless 2nd tier situations similar to the one you describe. Trump and his merry band of koolaid drinking bootlickers obviously don't care about the people of this country enough to not hold them hostage over funding their racist monument.

Haha. The Dems will give 68 billion to foreign countries in their budget- including an extra 12 billion that is an increase from last year. But they’ll refuse to give Trump 5 bc of TDS.

Haha. The Dems will give 68 billion to foreign countries in their budget- including an extra 12 billion that is an increase from last year. But they’ll refuse to give Trump 5 bc of TDS.
Because dems invest in people. People are what makes it all works. Trump invest in his damn self. 5 Billion for a wall is a 5th century solution to a 21st century problem. He cost our tax payers 5 billion already with the shutdown and if you are stupid enough to think this is about a wall I have some swamp land to sell you. He has already had a bill to sign that had 5 times that amount for his wall.

It’s about the porous border. You keep your doors unlocked? Exactly. I’m tired of hypocrites.

Reviewing last night’s speech, one journalist said:

All recent Presidential Oval Office broadcasts were meant to reassure, uplift and calm a nervous nation, eg,
George HW Bush upon the invasion of Kuwait/Iraq; his son just after the 9/11 attack; Obama on the killing of Bin Laden.

In total contrast, Trump’s speech was designed to alarm, frighten and stir up a calm nation, eg, drugs, rapists and terrorists are pouring in over our southern border. Build the Wall.

WTF. Is this presidential leadership? No. It’s paranoical pandering to his far right wing base and its spokespeople on Fox, Rush and Coulter. What BS.

Reviewing last night’s speech, one journalist said:

All recent Presidential Oval Office broadcasts were meant to reassure, uplift and calm a nervous nation, eg,
George HW Bush upon the invasion of Kuwait/Iraq; his son just after the 9/11 attack; Obama on the killing of Bin Laden.

In total contrast, Trump’s speech was designed to alarm, frighten and stir up a calm nation, eg, drugs, rapists and terrorists are pouring in over our southern border. Build the Wall.

WTF. Is this presidential leadership? No. It’s paranoical pandering to his far right wing base and its spokespeople on Fox, Rush and Coulter. What BS.

This person will go down as the single worst president in American history as he is woefully unqualified to be POTUS but supremely qualified to be a total POS.

His solution to a so called southern border crises where our nation is not secure is to make our nation even less secure but shutting down the government. Yes, the same government over homeland security. How are you going to tell us we aren't safe (which is a lie) and then make us less secure by closing homeland security or not even paying any airport security agents? This proves this moron has absolutely no idea of what he is doing and people that support this moron are at fault. I don't even really blame him as much as I blame these people. Who refuse to do simple objective google searches to find that this is just to save face. He has lied from the moment Mexico was going to pay for it and told him to fk off.

This person will go down as the single worst president in American history as he is woefully unqualified to be POTUS but supremely qualified to be a total POS.

His solution to a so called southern border crises where our nation is not secure is to make our nation even less secure but shutting down the government. Yes, the same government over homeland security. How are you going to tell us we aren't safe (which is a lie) and then make us less secure by closing homeland security or not even paying any airport security agents? This proves this moron has absolutely no idea of what he is doing and people that support this moron are at fault. I don't even really blame him as much as I blame these people. Who refuse to do simple objective google searches to find that this is just to save face. He has lied from the moment Mexico was going to pay for it and told him to fk off.

Too late. Barry already won that honor.

Reactions: Strack_Cane

I’ll bet you are for more gun control as well.
4000 homicides in just the last two years from illegal aliens. Want to know how many mass shooting deaths there have been in the United States since 1966? 1135. That averages out to 22 deaths per year for mass shootings vs 2000 per year to violence at the southern border. And then there are all the deaths attributed to the drugs pouring in across that same border. In 2017 alone nearly 16,000 Americans died from a heroin overdose. 90% of all heroine enters the U.S. via Mexico.

So, in just one year, there are some 18,000 deaths attributed to the chaos at the southern border vs 1135 deaths to all mass shootings in America since 1966.

Again. I love hearing from the hypocrites that have fences around their houses, lock their doors, and don’t open their house to illegal immigrants. ‘Good enough for thee, but not for me’.

Brilliant just another brilliant post as Maxine and Chuckles and Nancy lead you to the feed trough lmao .

Somehow we gotta get a comprise. Trump killed one or two last year.

What’s wrong with giving him some of his Wall-mixed with good technology and manpower, while tied into the Dreamers approval? Let everyone claim victory to save face and get our Govt back to work. Is it gonna take some kind of catastrophe before anyone moves on this? Sure seems so.

What’s wrong with giving him some of his Wall-mixed with good technology and manpower, while tied into the Dreamers approval? Let everyone claim victory to save face and get our Govt back to work. Is it gonna take some kind of catastrophe before anyone moves on this? Sure seems so.
I hear ya. Always felt the Dreamer thing could be a great compromise for the $5 billion.

I hear ya. Always felt the Dreamer thing could be a great compromise for the $5 billion.

I’m pretty sure that over time both sides have agreed to Wall and DACA, so let’s fking sit down like adults and come up with a compromise that allows win-win for each side and gets our Govt back to work getting paid.

The shutdown has created casualties. One of the biggest casualty’s in all this is the Govt “Contractor(s)” who are out of work. They’re NOT included to receive backpay during the shutdown, so they suffer mightily.

Trunp already offered this earlier this year. He included more dreamers than they were even asking for. Dems said no

Trunp already offered this earlier this year. He included more dreamers than they were even asking for. Dems said no

You know as well as I do both sides have agreed several times in closed-door talks over the past 18 mths or so only to find one side or another back out, renege, or whatever you want to call it.

Blame on both sides. Now it’s nearly 100% political. No solution there unless there’s meat on the bone for each side.

If you read anything I posted you would have read how Trump got greed in one or two of these handshake agreements. Not saying he’s 100% to blame. 50-50 imo. I’m sure you could dig up articles too that show exactly the opposite of the ones I posted. Don’t waste you’re day. I believe you.

It’s all political - the Dems don’t want to give Trump what he promised America . That he would get his wall .It would all but seal his Presidency in 2020 .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT