ADVERTISEMENT

The Most Explosive, Dynamic, & Versatile Weapon On Offense...

advarkas

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2007
Hometown: Coral Gables; Currently: Downtown FTL
Is this finely tuned Porsche 911 Carrera of an athlete, right here folks...

stacy-coley-swags-it-up-at-swaggy-press-conference-with-swag-hat.png

6_1091223.jpg

I think that THIS will be the year that Stacy Coley becomes a household name across the country. I think that Coley's sophmore slump was, in part, due to his own accountability, some of it was due to the entire offense struggling to convert third downs, and some of it was also because he was working with a True Freshman Quarterback in Kaaya.

Coley and Kaaya have been more on the same page this off-season, and I believe we are going to see James Coley make more of an effort to get Stacy the ball in OPEN SPACE like we used to do with the great, shifty, speedy wide receivers of the past in Santana, Devin, etc... Also, keep in mind that with Dorsett in the NFL, Kaaya will need a NEW DEEP THREAT, and I think that Stacy's speed and improved route running make him the IDEAL DEEP BALL THREAT for Kaaya. We have seen flashes of absolute BRILLIANCE from this young man in the past, especially as a Freshman, and I have high expectations (as he, himself, and the coaching staff do) for Stacy this year.

I think Kevin Beard will help Stacy a lot too. They are both similar receivers in my opinion, same height and weight, although I see Stacy having a bit more speed. Kevin was quick and more on the slender side and I remember Kevin being a very versatile route runner- he was part of the great 2001 team, so Kevin knows what it is all about to be a great wide receiver at Miami. I think that Beard will be a bona fide bonus to this wide receiver group.

Stacy can also be electric in the return game. Golden has been getting hammered for our Special Teams' lack of consistent big play making, but I think that Stacy is primed and ready to make his mark on Special Teams in the return game. Stacy averaged 25 yards a kick return his freshman year, so there is without a doubt an immediate and real threat of him breaking a few returns for a touchdown this year. I need to see more consistency in the Punt Return game, so we'll see there...

Overall I expect Stacy to have around:
(1) Receiving- 1,000 yards, 9 TD's, 15 ypc
(2) Kick Return- 25.0, ypr, 3 TD's
(3) Punt Return- 15.0 ypr, 3 TD's

^^^ High numbers, but if anyone is capable of doing it, then it is Stacy. Here is to this young man having a BREAKOUT, BOUNCE BACK SEASON!

Go Canes...!!!

Prost! (Cheers!)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News