ADVERTISEMENT

This is such a sad time in our lives that is so widely acceptable to so called Americans! It's just unacceptable and you are welcome to use your.....

Israel has the answer. No school shooting deaths in 48 years. And that is with Hamas trying to kill children. Hamas tried several times, but after many bullet holes to the head of their dirtbags they realized that Israel had it locked down. Brandon & Demi's don't want a plan that works because they bow to the radical teachers union who think it is fine to bring a dildo to Kindergarten show and tell, but have their heads explode over the idea of an armed cop (probably MAGA) protecting children with guns.

The left does not want this solution because it would work. FACT's, if anyone disagrees, please provide link to school shooting deaths in Israel?
How do we protect grocery stores, churches, synagogues, concerts and movies? You truly did not think this through. Smh

Do you realize there have been many changes to the constitution called amendments? This discussion is beyond your capacity to understand. Stop posting.
Th
Do you realize there have been many changes to the constitution called amendments? This discussion is beyond your capacity to understand. Stop posting.
Ill post all I want , it’s called free speech, the 1st amendment, what is beyond your capacity is realizing you are a communist that has ideology of ruining America. You can’t amend the amendments that are already there. When will you people blame the people that do these horrible things instead of guns, if someone wanted to commit mass murder they would find a way guns or not

How do we protect grocery stores, churches, synagogues, concerts and movies? You truly did not think this through. Smh
Let's start with the schools. We can go on from there. No solution is perfect, but the Israel school model is an acid tested real world proven success. As a decent society, let's protect our children first. Can we agree on that?

Reactions: grbcane
Let's start with the schools. We can go on from there. No solution is perfect, but the Israel school model is an acid tested real world proven success. As a decent society, let's protect our children first. Can we agree on that?
We can. I'm tired of arguing. We need action.

Correct but some positives.

Ironically, the ban may have been increasingly more effective toward the end of the 10-year period. “The law’s significant exemptions ensured that its full effects would occur only gradually over time, and those effects were still unfolding at the time it expired,” Koper wrote, saying the law helped cap and then reduce the supply of assault weapons and large-capacity magazines.

Reactions: dolcane
Th

Ill post all I want , it’s called free speech, the 1st amendment, what is beyond your capacity is realizing you are a communist that has ideology of ruining America. You can’t amend the amendments that are already there. When will you people blame the people that do these horrible things instead of guns, if someone wanted to commit mass murder they would find a way guns or not
Ok...you have a great day.

CD, what specific national laws would you like to see in place?

H.R. 8 is a pretty good bill just to start but there are others. Plenty so....

Please don't pretend you can ask me this in a manner of which you actually care what gun laws I want. You don't! I want gun laws that allow our children to not be fearful of going to school without being murdered. That at least we are trying and not sitting around doing nothing under this lame ass pretense there is nothing we can be doing.

“There’s 50 senators, right now, who refuse to vote on H.R. 8, which is a background check rule that the House passed. There’s a reason they won’t vote on it: to hold on to power.”

Reactions: cems52

Please don't pretend you can ask me this in a manner of which you actually care what gun laws I want. You don't! I want gun laws that allow our children to not be fearful of going to school without being murdered. That at least we are trying and not sitting around doing nothing under this lame ass pretense there is nothing we can be doing.

“There’s 50 senators, right now, who refuse to vote on H.R. 8, which is a background check rule that the House passed. There’s a reason they won’t vote on it: to hold on to power.”

What would some of the "others" be?

I was hoping to get into a meaningful discussion with you on the topic like I just had with @cems52. But, your arrogance and condescention will not allow.

Last edited:
Of course it’s awful. But… how many kids died in the Holocaust? Or Mao‘s purges? Or Stalin‘s?
More people were killed by their own governments —by far— than any wars or viruses in the 20th Century.
THATS why we have weapons.
Also funny how many „“anti-gun“ libs have been caught…. With guns. One such politician.. a state rep out in Cali. Was recognized twice by the Brady Foundation for his work on anti-gun legislation etc.
Wouldn’t know… he was caught up in an FBI sting… DEALING illegal guns. All kinds of guns. Fully auto—all of them you name it he imported them and exported them. Some found their way to Abu Sayef.
So forgive us if we don’t fall for your bullshit.

Reactions: utatem and grbcane
Of course it’s awful. But… how many kids died in the Holocaust? Or Mao‘s purges? Or Stalin‘s?
More people were killed by their own governments —by far— than any wars or viruses in the 20th Century.
THATS why we have weapons.
Also funny how many „“anti-gun“ libs have been caught…. With guns. One such politician.. a state rep out in Cali. Was recognized twice by the Brady Foundation for his work on anti-gun legislation etc.
Wouldn’t know… he was caught up in an FBI sting… DEALING illegal guns. All kinds of guns. Fully auto—all of them you name it he imported them and exported them. Some found their way to Abu Sayef.
So forgive us if we don’t fall for your bullshit.
Also…. Why is it always lib nutcakes always doing these? Then you cultists blame the right and NRA Except those who are responsible.

Reactions: grbcane and mahb
So your suggestion is to do nothing and let the massacres continue? Got it!!

Here's a better solution. In 2017 Trump and his blood thirsty Republicans passed a bill that allowed folks with mental issues to buy guns. Is that crazy? Pun intended. Instead of blaming our crazies lets repeal Trump's flawed bill. You down? Here's another suggestion. Pass legislation already passed by the House to enhance background checks on gun sales. I would also eliminate AK47'S and similar weapons. No need for the public to have those types of weapons.

It's your turn now to make a substantive recommendation on how we stop these mass killings.
It seems that virtually these terrible events are committed by disaffected young men ( boys really ) who are lacking family structure and a strong father figure
Tackling that dynamic would be the way I would approach the situation
Gun registration laws would not have prevented Buffalo or Uvalde , wound but have prevented most of not all of the carnage
Would I oppose lifting the age to buy AR guns and semi automatic pistols? Yeah
I don’t know what Trump law you reference. Actually the best chance for any gun reform was destroyed under Trump because the Democrats were too focused on trying to remove him from office . He was amenable to some legislation, but it fell apart because of hate politics .
We have this sub culture of disaffected young men who thrive on video games , alternative reality, who have anti social influences that promote violence
Notice no females are engaged in these horrible crimes? How many of these kids come from stable loving families?
I’m all in for early intervention when it’s clear that these kids are susceptible to violent sociopathic behavior
You can’t legislate the cure
That’s my general take . Congress is not the ultimate cure for all society ills

Reactions: HJCane
At least "those idiots" tried something. Republicans refuse to do anything. Should they keep their jobs for killing Americans?
Really because after Marjory Stoneman Douglass HOUSE REPUBLICANS passed this bill with widespread bipartisan support. In fact everyone voted YES

Today — with overwhelmingly bipartisan support — we passed the STOP School Violence Act, voting to empower students, teachers, school officials, and law enforcement to identify individuals with the propensity to commit acts of violence. And to intervene before they do.

This is one of the many ways House Republicans are reaffirming our commitment to keeping America the best place to live, work, and raise a family.

Moments after the STOP School Violence Act passed the House, several House Republicans and members of House Republican Leadership gathered for a press conference to highlight the importance of strengthening school safety.

Reactions: ddimaggio

Just wanted to apologize for 2 of my posts yesterday. I don't have a problem making fun of your personna on here but I got carried away in the heat of debate and went overboard on those posts. Sorry.

Reactions: cdwright40
We can. I'm tired of arguing. We need action.
I wish we would but I doubt it. Rather than taking a direct approach to solve a problem, BOTH sides love the idea of the large omnibus bills so they can hide all the crap that would never stand on its own. Guarantee you a Senate bill will include Coal mining goodies for Kentucky (for Mitch) and rebuilding of private theatres in New York (for Chuckie) plus all kinds of other junk. Both sides will then blame the other. 🤮 🤮

Reactions: 801canesmxer
No problem. One thing that really disgusts me is pukes like Beto O'Roarke jumping on issues like to further his own agenda while families mourn and mourn and mourn. Screw him
Beto is a desperate politician who is destined to lose another race in Texas , spending millions of donor $ to accomplish nothing
This display of rudeness does nothing
Yet the liberal media applauds this action ?

Reactions: central17
It seems that virtually these terrible events are committed by disaffected young men ( boys really ) who are lacking family structure and a strong father figure
Tackling that dynamic would be the way I would approach the situation
Gun registration laws would not have prevented Buffalo or Uvalde , wound but have prevented most of not all of the carnage
Would I oppose lifting the age to buy AR guns and semi automatic pistols? Yeah
I don’t know what Trump law you reference. Actually the best chance for any gun reform was destroyed under Trump because the Democrats were too focused on trying to remove him from office . He was amenable to some legislation, but it fell apart because of hate politics .
We have this sub culture of disaffected young men who thrive on video games , alternative reality, who have anti social influences that promote violence
Notice no females are engaged in these horrible crimes? How many of these kids come from stable loving families?
I’m all in for early intervention when it’s clear that these kids are susceptible to violent sociopathic behavior
You can’t legislate the cure
That’s my general take . Congress is not the ultimate cure for all society ills
I agree with most of what you posted. In particular, you can't legislate a cure for the susceptible youths in a lot of areas. However, and I know this is where we disagree, but can we look at how to reduce access to mass killing weapons?

I agree with most of what you posted. In particular, you can't legislate a cure for the susceptible youths in a lot of areas. However, and I know this is where we disagree, but can we look at how to reduce access to mass killing weapons?
Nearly every one of these perpetrators had red flags and warning signs all over them yet nothing was done before the carnage happened. Not sure of the details of what they're doing but Utah has intervened and stopped about 4 or 5 of these incidents in the last few years.

Really because after Marjory Stoneman Douglass HOUSE REPUBLICANS passed this bill with widespread bipartisan support. In fact everyone voted YES

Today — with overwhelmingly bipartisan support — we passed the STOP School Violence Act, voting to empower students, teachers, school officials, and law enforcement to identify individuals with the propensity to commit acts of violence. And to intervene before they do.

This is one of the many ways House Republicans are reaffirming our commitment to keeping America the best place to live, work, and raise a family.

Moments after the STOP School Violence Act passed the House, several House Republicans and members of House Republican Leadership gathered for a press conference to highlight the importance of strengthening school safety.
Are you referring to the Florida Legislature?

Didn't even see them
I deleted them when another poster pointed out my poor choice of words. I am not afraid to admit a mistake on my part and there is no excuse for those posts. Sorry again and I'll try to do better moving forward.

I wish we would but I doubt it. Rather than taking a direct approach to solve a problem, BOTH sides love the idea of the large omnibus bills so they can hide all the crap that would never stand on its own. Guarantee you a Senate bill will include Coal mining goodies for Kentucky (for Mitch) and rebuilding of private theatres in New York (for Chuckie) plus all kinds of other junk. Both sides will then blame the other. 🤮 🤮
So your solution is do nothing cuz each side will bring back the bacon for their home districts/states? Do you see this as a problem?

Reactions: cdwright40
Someone in this thread mentioned Israel and I don't quite understand why there haven't been domestic terror attacks there. Without doing research, I know that every adult is required to serve in some form of the military for a couple of years and all are required to keep their weapons when they return to civilian life. With such a hjgh percentage of citizens having weapons there have to be reasons for no mass shootings. Does anyone out there have any input on this?

Well, I can't seem to find them and, since you threw it out there, just give me 2 out of the "many" you refer to.
Bullshit! It took me exactly 2 seconds to find what I did. You are making this a debate about what laws? What difference does that make? Whatever laws that prevent our kids from getting mowed down at school.

So your solution is do nothing cuz each side will bring back the bacon for their home districts/states? Do you see this as a problem?
This has gotten to the point it is beyond ridiculous! It's immoral! You have kids getting mowed down and people are worried about if it is being used as a political issue? Huh?

Reactions: cems52
This has gotten to the point it is beyond ridiculous! It's immoral! You have kids getting mowed down and people are worried about if it is being used as a political issue? Huh?
I you are referring to my comments about that loser Beto, I was expressing my disgust with politicizing these tragic events.

No not at all. Just saying that is a reason why good legislation is so rare. The Pelosi types want to hold hostage a pound of good with a ton of crap.
Are you saying that the Pelosi way is in the best interest of the country?

Are you referring to the Florida Legislature?
No the United States House of Representatives led by Republicans passed the Bill i quoted. All House Representatives voted AYE. Here it is in action where the Dept of Justice awarded Texas 125mm in 2021.
https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndtx/p...million-grants-under-stop-school-violence-act

That's just 1 State as an example.

This is Senator Orin Hatch sponsoring the Senates version of the House Bill

ALL REPUBLICAN SPONSORS!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT