ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts On Britney Griner

BenjaminRivals

SuperCane
Staff
Jun 7, 2022
Britney Griner, American basketball player, was sentenced to nine years in Russia.

Seems pretty harsh for some cannabis oil.

She definitely should have been more aware of what the ramifications could be, but not sure why they couldn't come up with a deal to reduce that sentence.

Yea 9 years is a little harsh. I think they just did that to use her as a bargaining chip.
Yes it is harsh. But for years it has been well known to not carry drugs into foreign countries. Its kind of like knowing to not place a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger to find out if it is loaded. How much
No blood and treasure of America should be wasted on stupid arrogance.

AND, Trump would have had her released long ago: Brandon is weak!

Last edited:
Trump would have made fun of her for being gay and made jokes about her not being pretty, and her ass would still be in Russia. Comparing China and Russia when that happened is like compring gas mileage on a 1960 car and a new one. She made a dumb, careless mistake and put herself in a horrible predicament. Russia will only relent on her and the other American being freed if they get what they want.

main-qimg-96c663b7096a04621c1c060fe9b2328a

She's basically a political hostage. We also have several other Americans being held by the Russians. I'm sure Putin will negotiate with us to release them very soon since we offer up a few of his criminals in our custody. Prisoner swap on the horizon imo.

Last edited:
9 seconds is too much.
Why, WTF is wrong with you
I have been smoking pot for 50 plus years, NEVER GOT CAUGHT\
This MORON goes into Russia with drugs and YOU THINK she shouldnt be punished???????????
Violate a foreign countries laws when you visit, and you say this BS
you are fukin clueless.

Last edited:
Trump would have made fun of her for being gay and made jokes about her not being pretty, and her ass would still be in Russia. Comparing China and Russia when that happened is like compring gas mileage on a 1960 car and a new one. She made a dumb, careless mistake and put herself in a horrible predicament. Russia will only relent on her and the other American being freed if they get what they want.
Another liberal dumfuk eh?????
Way to forget how Trump brought back the only prisoner to ever leave No Korea!!!
Of course you did, because you are a shallow minded fool!

Last edited:
Why, WTF is wrong with you
I have been smoking pot for 50 plus years, NEVER GOT CAUGHT\
This MORON goes into Russia with drugs and YOU THINJK she shouldnt be punished???????????
Violate a foreign countries laws when you visit, and you say this BS
you are fukin clueless.
You are such an ahole.

I didn't write any of those things.

I don't care to discuss this with apiece of shit like you who would even come at me like this without even understanding what my intention was. So go F yourself.

Dunce

Another liberal dumfuk eh?????
Way to forget how Trump brought back the onlly prisoner to ever leave No Korea!!!
Of course you did, because you are a shallow minded fool!
You should have been aborted. hateful, ignorant asswipe. Trump is the biggest piece of shit in history and you love him.

You should have been aborted. hateful, ignorant asswipe. Trump is the biggest piece of shit in history and you love him.
The UCLA players that Trump got out of China would disagree with that statement. If Joey had been in charge when that happened, they would still be in prison there. As Barry said about his VP, "Never underestimate Joey's ability to f*** things up." Was Barry wrong when he made that statement after spending 8 years in office together with Pudding Brain? Can we please start holding Joey to the same standards that we held Trump to? Border crisis, Afghanistan debacle, record crime in many American cities, runaway inflation, more Covid deaths under Uncle Joey than his predecessor and rising cases again, and that's just for starters.

You are such an ahole.

I didn't write any of those things.

I don't care to discuss this with apiece of shit like you who would even come at me like this without even understanding what my intention was. So go F yourself.

Dunce
Real mature, your just a punk I!
Learn to use you words
You SAID exactly that!
9 seconds to long for violating a foreign countries drug laws
NOT ONE COUNTRY in the world would. Have reacted different, except we have pussifed couch potatoes like you.
LMAO @ YOU

Someone you never met, disagrees with your asinine comment “9 seconds too long”, and then he should have been aborted???
You still in your high chair you immature twit????
It’s ignorant fuks like you that are EXACTLY whats wrong in America
Keep being proud of YOUR vote for uncle joey
Now kapitulate and go change the tire under your master bedroom!
Pffft

• Haha
Reactions: central17
How stupid do you have to be to take drugs ... in any form ... to RUSSIA?? There is stupid then there is brain dead stupid.
There is nothing stupid by assuming you're not doing anything illegal by possessing a medically provided prescription.

Real mature, your just a punk I!
Learn to use you words
You SAID exactly that!
9 seconds to long for violating a foreign countries drug laws
NOT ONE COUNTRY in the world would. Have reacted different, except we have pussifed couch potatoes like you.
LMAO @ YOU
Russian political stunt. She should never have been arrested. There is nothing illegal by having a medically prescribed prescription.

LMAO
You truly cant be this ignorant and clueless
She plays Bball there, she has been there before
LMAO @ Lil Texasmikey
Political stunt. She has been there before with her prescribed medication and was never arrested. Russia will use Griner as leverage with U.S.-Russian relations deteriorating rapidly due to Ukraine invasion by Putin's troops. Don't be so stupid!

Last edited:
Political stunt. She has been there before with her prescribed medication and was never arrested. Russia will use Griner as leverage with U.S.-Russian relations deteriorating rapidly due to Ukraine invasion by Putin's troops. Don't be so stupid!
Many drink and drive here in the US without being arrested but that doesn't make it legal to do so. She knew the laws there and took a chance and got caught. No different than the UCLA players that took a chance on shoplifting in another country and got caught. Strange that some countries actually enforce their laws. Just be glad that she didn't take that chance in Singapore. Are you ok with exchanging her for a terrorist?

Reactions: orly 1022
Many drink and drive here in the US without being arrested but that doesn't make it legal to do so. She knew the laws there and took a chance and got caught. No different than the UCLA players that took a chance on shoplifting in another country and got caught. Strange that some countries actually enforce their laws. Just be glad that she didn't take that chance in Singapore. Are you ok with exchanging her for a terrorist?
She had a doctor's prescription for medical cannabis for pain. The UCLA players committed a crime. Griner didn't. It is not illegal in Russia to possess a medicinal drug prescribed by a physician. This was nothing more than a political stunt and yes, I'm Ok with exchanging her for a terrorist if that's the only way to gain her freedom. We protect our citizens first and foremost.

Last edited:
She had a doctor's prescription for medical cannabis for pain. The UCLA players committed a crime. Griner didn't. It is not illegal in Russia to possess a medicinal drug prescribed by a physician. This was nothing more than a political stunt and yes, I'm Ok with exchanging her for a terrorist if that's the only way to gain her freedom. We protect our citizens first and foremost.
Not illegal to possess a proscribed drug but illegal to bring it across the border, which she did. So we protect one of our citizens that broke the law by trading her for a man that has the ability to put even more of our citizens at risk? No thanks and I hope the Russian prison plays the US Anthem in her cell 24/7 for the next 9 years.

Not illegal to possess a proscribed drug but illegal to bring it across the border, which she did. So we protect one of our citizens that broke the law by trading her for a man that has the ability to put even more of our citizens at risk? No thanks and I hope the Russian prison plays the US Anthem in her cell 24/7 for the next 9 years.

Why all the animosity toward Griner? Nine years is an absurd sentence for her crime. Like I said, we protect our citizens first and foremost and she won't be in a Russian for the next nine years.

Why all the animosity toward Griner? Nine years is an absurd sentence for her crime. Like I said, we protect our citizens first and foremost and she won't be in a Russian for the next nine years.
Animosity? I would expect the same to happen to one of my 3 kids should they be stupid enough to break the laws of another country while visiting. 9 years is an absurd sentence for het crime in the US but that is not where she broke the law, now is it? How would we be protecting our citizens by exchanging her with a man with the capability of killing many US citizens? Not a fair trade by any measure. Now, if you want to trade her for a Russian citizen in one of our jails on drug charges then I could get behind that.

Reactions: orly 1022
Animosity? I would expect the same to happen to one of my 3 kids should they be stupid enough to break the laws of another country while visiting. 9 years is an absurd sentence for het crime in the US but that is not where she broke the law, now is it? How would we be protecting our citizens by exchanging her with a man with the capability of killing many US citizens? Not a fair trade by any measure. Now, if you want to trade her for a Russian citizen in one of our jails on drug charges then I could get behind that.
A Russian prosecutor accused Griner of moving a "significant amount" of cannabis oil during her appearance in Court. In reality, Griner was arrested with 0.702 grams which is approximately two-hundredths of an ounce. This is nothing but a political stunt. Russia doesn't give a shit about it's citizens in one of our jails for drugs and would never make that trade.

A Russian prosecutor accused Griner of moving a "significant amount" of cannabis oil during her appearance in Court. In reality, Griner was arrested with 0.702 grams which is approximately two-hundredths of an ounce. This is nothing but a political stunt. Russia doesn't give a shit about it's citizens in one of our jails for drugs and would never make that trade.
You keep acting like it's only possession when she brought it into their country, big difference. If Russia would never make that trade then leave her there and see if she ever takes responsibility for her actions. Again, just be glad she didn't pull her stunt in Singapore. You of all people should know that US citizens that break laws in other countries are not tried under US laws.

You keep acting like it's only possession when she brought it into their country, big difference. If Russia would never make that trade then leave her there and see if she ever takes responsibility for her actions. Again, just be glad she didn't pull her stunt in Singapore. You of all people should know that US citizens that break laws in other countries are not tried under US laws.
Griner has already taken full responsibility for her actions when she decided to plead guilty in a Moscow court and nine years for two-hundredths of an ounce is an absurd sentence no matter the country.

Last edited:
Griner has already taken full responsibility for her actions when she decided to plead guilty in a Moscow court and nine years for two-hundredths of an ounce is an absurd sentence no matter the country.
Each country has the right to make whatever drug laws they want to, right? You should write letters to each of those countries telling them that their laws are unjust and start with Singapore. Actually, the wife beater tried to blame it on packing her suitcase in haste. Sounds like she knew it was wrong to bring it into Russia from the get go and yet did it anyways.

Each country has the right to make whatever drug laws they want to, right? You should write letters to each of those countries telling them that their laws are unjust and start with Singapore. Actually, the wife beater tried to blame it on packing her suitcase in haste. Sounds like she knew it was wrong to bring it into Russia from the get go and yet did it anyways.
I'm not saying their laws are unjust just that the penalty should fit the crime. Two-hundredths of an ounce of cannabis oil should not equate to nine years in prison. If she had been arrested in Singapore her penalty would have been similar to what she received in Russia. I'm not a fan of Griner but her penalty was obviously a ploy by Putin to use as leverage, Russia has a record of using prisoners to gain favorable negotiations.

Last edited:
I'm not saying their laws are unjust just that the penalty should fit the crime. Two-hundredths of an ounce of cannabis oil should not equate to nine years in prison. If she had been arrested in Singapore her penalty would have been similar to what she received in Russia. I'm not a fan of Griner but her penalty was obviously a ploy by Putin to use as leverage, Russia has a record of using prisoners to gain favorable negotiations.
Yes they do, especially when they're confronted with weak leadership in other countries. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time should apply here. Again, she knew what she was doing was wrong and chose to bring her drugs into a country with strict laws against doing so. There are many other Americans in jails around the world that can't take advantage of their celebrity status to change the situation they're in.

Mike,
While I agree with you in principal, it for Russians to determine Russia's laws. Do you remember the Movie "Midnight Express"? It has been well known for years that you don't F around with foreign country drug laws. If she thought that being a woke celeb in the US allowed her to get away with things, she has learned a valuable lesson.

Not saying it will work but an honest recorded true apology and tell Americans ZERO Tolerance - Don't do it, might help her case?

Reactions: 801canesmxer
Yes they do, especially when they're confronted with weak leadership in other countries. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time should apply here. Again, she knew what she was doing was wrong and chose to bring her drugs into a country with strict laws against doing so. There are many other Americans in jails around the world that can't take advantage of their celebrity status to change the situation they're in.
I agree but still believe the penalty should fit the crime and in her case the penalty far outweighs the crime. I still contend that it's a ploy by Putin to use her as leverage. Most of those convicted for possessing or using cannabis in Russia are sentenced to three years in prison. Possession of up to six grams is regarded as an administrative offense. Anything above seven grams is considered a criminal offense. She was given nine years for possessing approximately two-hundredths of an ounce.

Last edited:
I agree but still believe the penalty should fit the crime and in her case the penalty far outweighs the crime. I still contend that it's a ploy by Putin to use her as leverage. Most of those convicted for possessing or using cannabis in Russia are sentenced to three years in prison. Possession of up to six grams is regarded as an administrative offense. Anything above seven grams is considered a criminal offense. She was given nine years for possessing approximately two-hundredths of an ounce.
Maybe it was Putin who is behind this, but if so, would that be considered a "genius" move by him to get a terrorist back and all it costs him is an entitled basketball player? Haven't followed it as closely as you, so did she get convicted of possession, smuggling, or both? I did quickly read an article a minute ago that paints a different picture of Russia's drug laws. Seems weird though that we would free an arms trafficker while trying to disarm our own citizens at the same time.

Maybe it was Putin who is behind this, but if so, would that be considered a "genius" move by him to get a terrorist back and all it costs him is an entitled basketball player? Haven't followed it as closely as you, so did she get convicted of possession, smuggling, or both? I did quickly read an article a minute ago that paints a different picture of Russia's drug laws. Seems weird though that we would free an arms trafficker while trying to disarm our own citizens at the same time.
I think she was convicted of possession and attempting to smuggle narcotics into Russia.

Reactions: 801canesmxer
Someone you never met, disagrees with your asinine comment “9 seconds too long”, and then he should have been aborted???
You still in your high chair you immature twit????
It’s ignorant fuks like you that are EXACTLY whats wrong in America
Keep being proud of YOUR vote for uncle joey
Now kapitulate and go change the tire under your master bedroom!
Pffft
Ignorant bitch

ypu are a lowlife POS No matter hoe you come back at me.
You show it even day and with every post.

i know much more about you than you do me.

you should have been aborted. You are a scourge.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT