ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter to accept Musk offer

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
$54.20 per share. One more left wing propaganda machine bites the dust. Musk threatened to take a proxy vote directly to shareholders. He is sitting on more cash than ever before as he sold 10% of his Tesla shares in the last year.
Musk is quite the strategist. He wants ALL people verified. He wants less or no more BOTS.
Musk pointed out quite correctly that no one on the Twitter Board even Tweets.

Couldn't happen to a better group.......and loving it.
a-few-good-men-jack-nicholson.gif

giphy.webp
200w.webp

That's a lot of money to pay to allow people to freely use the N word on Twitter.

That's a lot of money to pay to allow people to freely use the N word on Twitter.
Freedom of Speech means Freedom of Speech whether you like that speech or not. Sorry if you don't like that but it's true. NO you can not threaten to kill someone no you can not yell FIRE in a movie theatre.
BTW the use of the REPULSIVE N word is used FAR MORE by Black people than white people and don't do the boogie woogie and try to convince me it somehow has a different meaning. Its horrendous and should not be used.

Freedom of Speech means Freedom of Speech whether you like that speech or not. Sorry if you don't like that but it's true. NO you can not threaten to kill someone no you can not yell FIRE in a movie theatre.
BTW the use of the REPULSIVE N word is used FAR MORE by Black people than white people and don't do the boogie woogie and try to convince me it somehow has a different meaning. Its horrendous and should not be used.

So you're for the casual use of the N word on Twitter ? Interesting.

So you're for the casual use of the N word on Twitter ? Interesting.
Do you know how to read? I even used EMPHASIS in my important words.
I detest the word
I understand free speech
I know I can block people who are hateful on twitter
I can choose not to watch or listen to speakers or music
And I know that the casual use of the N word is mostly Black people FAR MORE than white.
How do you reconcile that Raoul?

Reactions: grbcane and jpboca
Do you know how to read? I even used EMPHASIS in my important words.
I detest the word
I understand free speech
I know I can block people who are hateful on twitter
I can choose not to watch or listen to speakers or music
And I know that the casual use of the N word is mostly Black people FAR MORE than white.
How do you reconcile that Raoul?

Its not a free speech issue. Twitter is a publicly traded company with shareholders who have a right to promote standards of common decency. There is no "anything goes irrespective of who it offends" rule at play here.

It's called F U MONEY!!! And when Trump gets reinstated on Twitter and win in 2024 via LANDSLIDE, it will be another BIG FU to the woke crowd.

Reactions: jpboca
Its not a free speech issue. Twitter is a publicly traded company with shareholders who have a right to promote standards of common decency. There is no "anything goes irrespective of who it offends" rule at play here.
So you think it’s ok for a public company to pick and choose who can tweet. You think it’s ok if they ban someone or an entity from the platform because they tweet something they don’t like that’s truthful?

Reactions: grbcane and jpboca
So you think it’s ok for a public company to pick and choose who can tweet. You think it’s ok if they ban someone or an entity from the platform because they tweet something they don’t like that’s truthful?

Companies are fully within their rights to set terms of service, especially for users in the country in which the company is located.

The first amendment and freedom of speech are irrelevant in this context because the government isn't forcing the company to set its own policy. If Twitter wants to restrict obvious disinformation, not only would they be well within their rights in doing so, they would also be doing the public a service by preventing dishonest people from using their platform to manipulate the public for personal gain.

Lol it’s a private company now dumbass.

Reactions: jpboca
Never been on twitter, instagram, nor Facebook..............nor do I ever plan to...........social media is evil and I'm too damn old
I only joined tweeter to follow the Canes especially with Manny's
bat signal. Only look at it about once every three months now.

Reactions: kimzkr
These people made Tweeter a deceitful fraud.

Never been on twitter, instagram, nor Facebook..............nor do I ever plan to...........social media is evil and I'm too damn old

You wouldn't be missing much if you never used any of these sites.

Reactions: kimzkr
Not anymore it ain't

It’s got to kill you knowing that twitter will not automatically follow the approved narrative of the State.

Companies are fully within their rights to set terms of service, especially for users in the country in which the company is located.

The first amendment and freedom of speech are irrelevant in this context because the government isn't forcing the company to set its own policy. If Twitter wants to restrict obvious disinformation, not only would they be well within their rights in doing so, they would also be doing the public a service by preventing dishonest people from using their platform to manipulate the public for personal gain.
That’s the point, they have been promoting dishonest information. They banned a newspaper that’s been around before anyone on this board or their platform for a story they didn’t like but was true. And you have no problem with that. Twitter had become the biggest place for the liberals to promote their lies and shutdown any opposition to said lies.

Reactions: grbcane
That’s the point, they have been promoting dishonest information. They banned a newspaper that’s been around before anyone on this board or their platform for a story they didn’t like but was true. And you have no problem with that. Twitter had become the biggest place for the liberals to promote their lies and shutdown any opposition to said lies.

Twitter is a global platform that is used by nearly every country on the planet. But at the end of the day it is fundamentally an American company that has a moral obligation to not allow it’s platform to be used to harm the country through lies and disinformation. That’s the entire point of blocking people that break the rules.

Also, we should remember that every prominent social media platform banned Trump and his goons during the Insurrection, so allowing him back on (which is still a big IF) won’t result in him getting unbanned from Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and every other platform he’s banned on.

Reactions: central17
All of this talk and opinions are interesting. But is going to be toooooooo much fun is when:
TRUMP RETURNS TO TWITTER

Heee's BAACCKK. Its gonna happen
Cackle, Cackle, Cackle

Twitter is a global platform that is used by nearly every country on the planet. But at the end of the day it is fundamentally an American company that has a moral obligation to not allow it’s platform to be used to harm the country through lies and disinformation. That’s the entire point of blocking people that break the rules.

Also, we should remember that every prominent social media platform banned Trump and his goons during the Insurrection, so allowing him back on (which is still a big IF) won’t result in him getting unbanned from Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and every other platform he’s banned on.
You sir contradict yourself and don’t even know it … your a pineapple too

I think it great that Twitter and its biases are hopefully going to be gone. Anybody who thinks opposing political viewpoints deserve to be censored is a fascist . I am not going to agree with most woke leftists but I will defend their right to express their opinions.
Gab already is fully open but they also include those who make direct attacks on someone because of their race or religion. At first I was appalled .But I realized it was informative in a way and gave people a way to rebut and criticize the false info their biases yielded.
Gab's flaw is that its founder is Anti Semitic and has no issues with some of the utter filth such an approach allows on its site. But it is instructive that those that post this filth also out themselves doing it and expose themselves to criticism.
Freedom of speech is important as it is a weapon against unchecked government abuses.

All of this talk and opinions are interesting. But is going to be toooooooo much fun is when:
TRUMP RETURNS TO TWITTER

Cackle, Cackle, Cackle
Trump will not go back to twitter unless his own social site fails. It hasnt exactly been started well. No google or PC capability yet.

You mean like antisemitic terrorist propaganda? Ass holes on the left have been getting away with fake news and hate speech on twitter for years.

Reactions: central17
Bingo! Banning the NY Post because they tweeted about Hunters laptop story that they broke. Meaning they did thier job.

Trump has already said he WILL NOT go back on Twitter ever. He will use TRUTH Social and I would guess GETTR

TRUMP RETURNS TO TWITTER

Cackle, Cackle, Cackle
He says no.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT