ADVERTISEMENT

Waiting to make a call on the HC can hurt you

MikePCanes

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 22, 2006
I am against keeping Al Golden, but that is completely beside the point that waiting until the end of the season may hurt a ton more than help for everyone. First, the fans are going to turn toxic. It may get ugly this season, and if that is the case, nobody wants to be there for that. You don't want to take kids to a game where grown men are screaming that the Canes. I have NEVER done that. That is my team and they are not professionals. BUT, it will happen. And it may cast a worse light on a school whose fan support is among its many problems. Of course Blake should wait until he has what he feels is the information he needs, but if this goes south, his not pulling the trigger may hurt the program. It may get very ugly, and it may turn off first tier coaches. PLUS, at least one school is already out there looking for their guy. It helps to be at this earlier, even if a lot of people you want will not talk until later. In the end, if you do make the call earlier, if it is where you are going to end up anyway, you allow the seniors and all the kids to focus on football and even the fans. I am confident, again if this is where it ends up, that the frustrated fans on this board would rally around the team with an interim HC.

I am looking forward to Vatech, and how the season plays out, but the wait until the end of the season comment is not at all binding and may not be at all smart. It could get ugly and be bad for everyone involved. Except the other schools that are trying to recruit top notch coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News