ADVERTISEMENT

Who saw the new Top Gun?

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
I'm hearing great things. Better than the original I'm told.

They are saying it's a return to Patriotism something our country needs.

Reactions: NO.SHORECANE
I have watched original at least five times- same for The U. I saw the Blue Angeis at Miramar right after Top Gun came out- crowd estimated at 250,000- unforgettable.

Reactions: HJCane
Have heard great reviews. Cruise had an unparalleled alliance with the USN for the preparation of this film and the cast was involved and trained to a degree that is unprecedented:

Each of the actors that played pilots in the film received training by the USN:

-Primary flight training in a single engine prop plane to the point of actually
doing a solo.

-Participated in aerobatic training flying backseat in acrobatic aircraft.

-Primary JET training in a basic jet trainer.

-Rode backseat in F18's for carrier takeoffs and landings.

-Were taught how to run cinematic cameras from the backseat of an F18.

-Underwent ejection simulation on the USN simulators and also underwater
cockpit evacuation training.

Pretty amazing. Wife and I are headed out this afternoon to see the film on a big Cinemax screen.

Have heard great reviews. Cruise had an unparalleled alliance with the USN for the preparation of this film and the cast was involved and trained to a degree that is unprecedented:

Each of the actors that played pilots in the film received training by the USN:

-Primary flight training in a single engine prop plane to the point of actually
doing a solo.

-Participated in aerobatic training flying backseat in acrobatic aircraft.

-Primary JET training in a basic jet trainer.

-Rode backseat in F18's for carrier takeoffs and landings.

-Were taught how to run cinematic cameras from the backseat of an F18.

-Underwent ejection simulation on the USN simulators and also underwater
cockpit evacuation training.

Pretty amazing. Wife and I are headed out this afternoon to see the film on a big Cinemax screen.
Yes they say to see it on the best / largest screen possible like IMAX. Sound quality as well.

I know Tom Cruise is a weird dude with his Scientology stuff but he is an old school actor, he pours every ounce of his being into his craft. Might be the best out there.

I saw it, not on IMAX

they do things in their jets at super sonic speed and Mach 5+ i have never seen before, and my father was in the Air Force and i grew up with a love for watching jets

and it’s all real, no CGI. It’s freaking awesome

Reactions: central17
My wife and I attended a change of command ceremony at Miramar NAS back in 1989. On of my HS buds was taking command of a Fighter Squadron (F14's) after serving as the XO for the same. This is protocol that the command changes after 18 months with the XO normally assuming command.
Top Gun (Fighter Weapons School) was still in Miramar at the time. The weekend was loaded with events and we had the run of the base including the O Club.
An unforgettable experience....Top Gun front and center...
We saw Maverick (Top Gun) yesterday and it was very good!

I am a retired air force pilot of 31 years. Me and my colleagues enjoy the entertainment value. also like laughing at Tom with his shoulder straps falling off of him while the pilot is pulling G's. I hope he understands what many of us went through while real bullets were flying at us. It is not all just a video game.

Reactions: majus12 and kimzkr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT