ADVERTISEMENT

Y’all want to read a PERFECT post...take a gander at this, I only wish I had written this!

Impaler

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
“Jon Garvin, like all of those who prematurely declared pro before in Kendrick Norton, Joe Jackson, Joe Yearby, Brad Kaaya, etc. will undoubtedly be drafted lower than he currently imagines. After a mediocre junior season where Garvin frequently loafed and gave little effort in pursuit, I see no good reason why he will be drafted before the sixth round—if at all. Garvin’s premature departure will leave a hole in Miami’s depth chart for the bowl game and next season, hurting the program that gave him a chance to actualize his childhood dream of playing football at the collegiate level. Players leaving early and hurting the program whilst simultaneously ending their football careers prematurely has reached pandemic levels at Miami”

***Most salient point: “GARVIN FREQUENTLY LOAFED AND GAVE LITTLE EFFORT IN PURSUIT.”

“Nonetheless, it seems business continues as usual at Coral Gables University as Dan Enos is still Miami’s offensive coordinator. If anyone has viewed the offensive stats for the Miami offense in 2019, it is clear virtually no progress was made in 2019 despite an easier schedule and superior quarterback play than 2018. Butch Barry—after the worst offensive line performance by Miami in memory—has similarly not received a pink slip. The same goes for Taylor Stubblefield, Miami’s wide receiver coach, who coaches a unit that can’t get open due to rounded and lazy routes, but struggles to hold on to the ball even when they do. Before coaching at Miami, Stubblefield coached wide receivers at air force, an option-based team.”

***Most salient point: “STUBBLEFIELD COACHES A WR-UNIT THAT CAN’T GET OPEN DUE TO ROUNDED AND LAZY ROUTES, BUT STRUGGLES TO HOLD ON TO THE BALL EVEN WHEN THEY DO.”

No wonder all those WR’s entered the Tranfer Portal...

“In the aftermath of one of the worst seasons in the post Lou Saban era, Miami has not made a single tangible change to its athletic department or coaching staff. Perhaps changes will come after the bowl, but I am dubious. Based on the statistical evidence above, it is clear Miami should fire its entire offensive staff and start anew. The Dan Enos experiment has failed miserably and Miami must move on and reinvent itself as an offensive innovator.”

***Most salient point: “IT IS CLEAR MIAMI SHOULD FIRE ITS ENTIRE OFFENSIVE STAFF AND START ANEW...THE DAN ENOS EXPERIMENT HAS FAILED MISERABLY.”

“The problem is that while Miami has been sleeping, many of the good coaches have already been scooped up. I was saddened to learn that Chad Morris had become Auburn’s offensive coordinator as he was the man responsible for turning Clemson into an offensive juggernaut. While Morris may have never considered coming to a middling program like the New Miami, he is the type of offensive sage that Miami needs to reinvent its football program.”

***Most salient point: A (CHAD MORRIS) TYPE OC, IS THE TYPE OF OFFENSIVE SAGE THAT MIAMI NEEDS TO HIRE TO REINVENT ITS FOOTBALL PROGRAM.”

“A name for Miami to consider is LSU’s Joe Brady, who hails from Hollywood, Florida and grew up as a Canes fan. Brady is currently serving as the Tigers “passing-game coordinator” and is only earning approximately $400,000 compared to Dan Enos, who is making well over a million. Brady is an innovative young mind that studied under Sean Payton and the New Orleans Saints, who run a modern pro-style spread offense. The Canes have been sorely missing offensive innovation since the Dennis Erickson days, which ended 25 years ago! All of the best programs in college football run an up-tempo spread of some variety—whether option based like Florida, Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma, or power running game based like LSU and Alabama. One thing is certain: it is time for Miami to join the fray!”

***Most salient point: A NAME FOR MIAMI TO CONSIDER IS LSU’s (JOE BRADY), WHO HAILS FROM HOLLYWOOD, FL....AND GREW UP A CANES FAN....AND GREW UP A CANES FAN!!!...BRADY IS AN INNOVATIVE, YOUNG MIND THAT STUDIED (SEAN PAYTON) AND THE NAWLIN’ SAINTS, WHO RUN A (MODERN PRO-STYLE SPREAD OFFENSE). ALL OF THE BEST PROGRAMS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL RUNS AN UP-TEMPO SPREAD OF SOME VARIETY...AND ONE THING IS CERTAIN, IT IS TIME FOR MIAMI TO JOIN THE FRAY.”

Damn, those are some awesome points and possible solutions...again I wish I could take the credit for these thoughts...HAPPY HOLIDAYS and Many Blessings to youse all and your extended families....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News