ADVERTISEMENT

Are we still doing the covid panic thing next year?

bla, bla, bla . . . stick your condescension, OK?

"Studies done by actual scientists in the UK say ..."
As if we don't have "actual scientists" . . .

. . . "nothing to do with the people who haven't gotten vaccinated."
And I'm supposed to take you seriously?
I said "actual scientists" as opposed to you who has zero understanding about how to calculate the effectiveness of a vaccine. No scientist in the US has said the vaccines are 90% effective against people getting infected with the Omicron variant because if they did they would be ridiculed.

And yes, you are supposed to take me seriously because the current spread is mostly due to the Omicron variant and the vaccines barely do anything to stop this variant from spreading. So, the current spread has nothing to do with unvaccinated people.

Yeah, weaker but more contagious and the folks getting it are not vaxxed. That's why we're still losing 1K a day.
We got 10-12 guys testing positive who are presumably vaxxed out of ....... 100 kids +/- ?
So it's still 90% effective as far as preventing infection. Not bad but I'm hearing Pfizer and Moderna are only effective against the new strain WITH the booster. ALL the others are less effective or even not at all. The rest of the world is in bad shape with the vaccines they have. So in that respect we are not in terrible shape but it would be great if we could get 60M more people to just get the damn shot
I agree. The more people we get vaxxed the better. There will be a point where we reach herd immunity.

Reactions: roofermike
This is getting pretty stupid. There’s vaccines, boosters, natural immunity out there. Vaccines readily available to those who want it, and almost nobody who’s catching it and is vaxed or previously infected is really getting killed or majorly effected..

why are we still cancelling games and events.

move on people. Live your lives. Covid will be here forever. Variant after variant will come….move on.
I agree and disagree. I agree live your lives NO DOUBT we already screwed ourselves out of chunks of 2 years BUT I really believe everyone except those that are just LUCKY are going to get this latest covid. Once that happens I think it begins to quiet down. It will really start to run out of cells to infect. Sounds crazy but that is how viruses work.

But what about the people who aren't vaxed? Do you care if they got infected by a vaccinated person and died? That's the reason for canceling the game.
Care? Yes. I care about as much as they do for their own life. Whatever that is, that's cool with me.

I agree and disagree. I agree live your lives NO DOUBT we already screwed ourselves out of chunks of 2 years BUT I really believe everyone except those that are just LUCKY are going to get this latest covid. Once that happens I think it begins to quiet down. It will really start to run out of cells to infect. Sounds crazy but that is how viruses work.
If you've put yourself out there over the last 2 years (i.e. Traveled, attended events like Football games, not sheltered in place, etc.,) you'd have to have Powerball type LUCK to have not been exposed to the virus. If you haven't been exposed to it under that scenario, then all of the masking, Business/Church closures, and School Closures/Restrictions since March 2020 have been Science/Medical malpractice and/or outright fraud.

Reactions: grbcane
Which led to the lowest unemployment levels in history for every group in America. Even my kids got a tax break thanks to 45. If Pudding Brain gets his way, they will be paying for those frivolous policies for the rest of their lives.
Actually, Biden has the lowest unemployment in history.

Lol...lol
Lol...lol

• Haha
Reactions: 801canesmxer
Now everyone on CNN is saying cloth face masks do nothing! Who let those right wing nut jobs on tv? How many people has @cems52 infected because of their negligence? "Cloth masks are not appropriate for this pandemic"!

Just look at this negligence exhibited in public at events in the middle of a pandemic. Atrocious behavior.

Cems and another individual that SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS.

Dx5YTig.jpg

Last edited:
We let our kids take all kinds of shots for school but not a whimper from you. Our military requires soldiers to vaccinate for all kinds of shzt but no outcry from the right. Why the outcry with Covid shots?
You make the perfect Nazi sympathizer. Good one, comrade

If you've put yourself out there over the last 2 years (i.e. Traveled, attended events like Football games, not sheltered in place, etc.,) you'd have to have Powerball type LUCK to have not been exposed to the virus. If you haven't been exposed to it under that scenario, then all of the masking, Business/Church closures, and School Closures/Restrictions since March 2020 have been Science/Medical malpractice and/or outright fraud.
I've done all those things and yes we have all been exposed. We are exposed to viruses and bacterias with nearly every single breath we take. Strep, Staph, viruses, all around us. That's why this is all so absurd and won't work.

Are you aware that Biden's Build Back Dumber includes property tax write off for up to $80,000 for wealthy people?
Well STATE AND LOCAL TAXES which of course is mostly property taxes. I want to know who on here has SALT of even 25K? I would have a tax bill of around 20+K if I hadn't brought over portability when I bought my condo. I'm at $12,500. In order to have 80K in Florida one would need to own around a 4 million $ home assuming around 2% property tax millage rate.

I've done all those things and yes we have all been exposed. We are exposed to viruses and bacterias with nearly every single breath we take. Strep, Staph, viruses, all around us. That's why this is all so absurd and won't work.
CDS: Covid derangement syndrome! Give it up

Are you aware that Biden's Build Back Dumber includes property tax write off for up to $80,000 for wealthy people?
All in for property tax writeoff's. All taxes paid should be able to be written off against income. Yes, it helps the wealthy but would also help lower income folks. But the real answer is still to do away with the income tax and IRS. A national sales tax is the wayto truly be fair and effective.

Reactions: grbcane
All in for property tax writeoff's. All taxes paid should be able to be written off against income. Yes, it helps the wealthy but would also help lower income folks. But the real answer is still to do away with the income tax and IRS. A national sales tax is the wayto truly be fair and effective.
The current $10k level, or whatever it is, is too low, but those are state taxes, mostly benefitting blue states with high property taxes.

Reactions: NO.SHORECANE
I know. Its exasperating.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT