ADVERTISEMENT

Are we still doing the covid panic thing next year?

Can we please stop with this 100% false narrative that when "enough" people get vaccinated then COVID goes away. IT IS NOT TRUE. It might have been true with the original strain (we'll neve know) but it isn't true with the Delta nor with the Omicron variant. They weren't widely available before those variants existed.

It is a math equation and the vaccines are not effective enough in preventing infection and ability to spread to possibly "end COVID" no matter how many people are vaccinated. It just is not possible with the current vaccines.

You can believe that wearing a mask is why you didn't get COVID before you were vaccinated but now even CNN medical experts are admitting that cloth masks don't do anything. I and plenty of people I know only ever wore a mask when forced to and didn't ever test positive.
You may be right .....
but I don't think so!

The real problem is it is a worldwide epidemic. With all the different vaccines and variants I doubt we'll ever "kill" it.
Agree cloth masks are garbage. I've never worn less than a
KN-95 and I'm not 100% sure it kept me from getting it but that's not the point. I did my part. If everyone had done the same, starting with 45, we would probably have several hundred thousand more Americans among us today.

Why did 110,000 restaurants close if COVID was so great for them?
How many restaurants closed in 2019? Restaurants close down every day. Lots of restaurants closed down at beginning of pandemic because they were already in trouble. Sweet Tomatoes shuttered the entire company in March 2020 before they actually felt any real effects of shut down. They just weren't being run well and saw writing on the wall. That said, they probably are kicking themselves for not being patient.

Let me explain it like this..... if a restaurant had sales of 10m in 2019, then in 2020 got PPP #1 and #2 for 1m each while sales declined to 6m, they would have received a PPP #3 for 2m......

So in 2019 they had 10m in taxable sales, in 2020 they had 6m in taxable sales and 4m in tax free grants. So not only were they made whole (really better cause 40% of income was tax free) but they also had likely 40% less food costs, less wages, and likely less other incidental costs that would have been incurred.

I personally have 3 restaurant clients and none of them even needed PPP #3 because they both were more than made whole from PPP #1 and #2 which were more than the drop in sales from 19 to 20 (again, with less tax burden).

Any restaurant that was both patient and had good guidance should be ok but obviously there are exceptions to everything.

Doesn’t the latest information show zero effect of J&J vaccine (the one I got as it was the only one offered by my provider) on the new variant? Not peer reviewed though
I did get a 50mg booster of Moderna ( twice the normal booster amount ) but that’s also iffy as far as effectiveness on the new strain.
Meanwhile Brandon is exhorting everyone to get a vaccination and a boost without any science to show that they are effective on the new variants . Get a jab , we don’t know what effect it will have , but you will die otherwise.
That’s the message ? And oh, by the way the those J &J vaccines? No help . We were just kidding . Maybe the MRNA stiff is better , maybe not , but who knows , but don’t get these shots which we don’t know will help .. and you will die .
What am I missing here ?
This is just a PR move . Get vaccinated because it may help , but that’s all we got folks .
Meanwhile we should have an ample supply of all therapeutics in the ready . They seem to be effective for all variants
The misinformation which is being spewed is coming from Washington DC
They are clueless
I have read that Pfizer n Moderna WITH the booster are effective against the new variant while most of the others worldwide are less so or not at all.

Last edited:
Get vaccinated and live your life.
My sister got vaxxed and boosted and she still came down with the omicron variant last week. And she can't get any prophylaxis because the state of Florida has run out of them.

The Brandon administration has done a terrible job of distributing them to the states. It has also done a terrible job of setting up testing sites. People are having to wait hours and hours just to get tested.

This is happening even though many doctors including Fauci warned last summer that there would be a new variant coming in late fall and winter. So all these new infections are the fault of the Brandon administration. Talk about being complacent.

My sister got vaxxed and boosted and she still came down with the omicron variant last week. And she can't get any prophylaxis because the state of Florida has run out of them.

The Brandon administration has done a terrible job of distributing them to the states. It has also done a terrible job of setting up testing sites. People are having to wait hours and hours just to get tested.

This is happening even though many doctors including Fauci warned last summer that there would be a new variant coming in late fall and winter. So all these new infections are the fault of the Brandon administration. Talk about being complacent.
They ignore the issue of the availability of therapies.
They still harp on vaccines.
My initial vaccine ( J&J) is useless! They have not addressed that. They don’t know if the others are any more effective. Maybe
Meanwhile there are no tests available. It’s one thing to not have toilet paper to wipe your ass, and quite another to have no tests ( which are required to get medication ) available.
I listened to Brandon today . He said we must get vaccinated. I am vaccinated. With a vaccine that doesn’t work . He never addressed that!
It’s a mess and all we get is PR
I don’t care that more tests were developed since January, so what ? Big deal ! The companies figured out that it was profitable. He’s taking credit for these company’s greed ?
Meanwhile when demand waned , he did nothing to assure continued supply
Other than talking points and PR slogans .
What about me ? I took a worthless vaccine!

You may be right .....
but I don't think so!
There is no may. Do the math. There are websites that have calculators for herd immunity based on the virus transmissibility and vaccine effectivity. The latest variants of this virus are too transmissible and the vaccines are not effective enough against infection to ever possibly reach herd immunity. It's just a fact.

How many restaurants closed in 2019? Restaurants close down every day. Lots of restaurants closed down at beginning of pandemic because they were already in trouble. Sweet Tomatoes shuttered the entire company in March 2020 before they actually felt any real effects of shut down. They just weren't being run well and saw writing on the wall. That said, they probably are kicking themselves for not being patient.

Let me explain it like this..... if a restaurant had sales of 10m in 2019, then in 2020 got PPP #1 and #2 for 1m each while sales declined to 6m, they would have received a PPP #3 for 2m......

So in 2019 they had 10m in taxable sales, in 2020 they had 6m in taxable sales and 4m in tax free grants. So not only were they made whole (really better cause 40% of income was tax free) but they also had likely 40% less food costs, less wages, and likely less other incidental costs that would have been incurred.

I personally have 3 restaurant clients and none of them even needed PPP #3 because they both were more than made whole from PPP #1 and #2 which were more than the drop in sales from 19 to 20 (again, with less tax burden).

Any restaurant that was both patient and had good guidance should be ok but obviously there are exceptions to everything.
So you have three restaurant clients and now are an industry expert? I am not in the restuarant industry and do not claim to be an expert. Just passing on what I know from people that work at all levels in the industry. Is your expertise that you once stayed in a Holiday Inn Express? So you know so much about everything, please inform us of the affects of Covid on the urinal odor cake industry. To just dismiss so many hard working people that had their lives shattered first from the disease and then worse from the negative impact of the governments that they pay tax dollars to, paint you as a very arrogant and ignorant person.

Reactions: grbcane
So you have three restaurant clients and now are an industry expert? I am not in the restuarant industry and do not claim to be an expert. Just passing on what I know from people that work at all levels in the industry. Is your expertise that you once stayed in a Holiday Inn Express? So you know so much about everything, please inform us of the affects of Covid on the urinal odor cake industry. To just dismiss so many hard working people that had their lives shattered first from the disease and then worse from the negative impact of the governments that they pay tax dollars to, paint you as a very arrogant and ignorant person.
I came with facts (not talking about the anecdotal experience of my clients) but how the PPP program works and all you have to say is thats wrong? Ok cool.

Care to expound on that and point out what was inaccurate?

Again, I didn't dismiss anything. All I said is restaurant owners didn't make out too bad if they had proper guidance. Feel free to show me where I'm wrong. I never commented anything about any one else who works in restaurants, simply the owners which is what I originally responded to.

There is no may. Do the math. There are websites that have calculators for herd immunity based on the virus transmissibility and vaccine effectivity. The latest variants of this virus are too transmissible and the vaccines are not effective enough against infection to ever possibly reach herd immunity. It's just a fact.
So there are websites doing the math based on some pretty iffy assumptions. Gotcha'
I think we may get there once enough of the unvaxxed get infected. Meanwhile I am already married to the shots so . . . .

So there are websites doing the math based on some pretty iffy assumptions. Gotcha'
I think we may get there once enough of the unvaxxed get infected. Meanwhile I am already married to the shots so . . . .
Iffy assumptions? They know the transmissibility of each variant from data and they know how effective the vaccines are from data, trials and lab tests.

Amazing how this debate rages on. Those that haven't received the vaccination by now, like myself, aren't going to get it in all likelihood. How about a New Year's Resolution to put this to bed. No one is changing anyone's mind on either side of the vaccine debate.

What are we supposed to move on to? Putting sports over people dying?
Yes. Those kids are perfectly healthy specimens with a personal nutritionist and are the probably the healthiest college generation in history. If 12 of them tested positive let’s be honest, most likely all 12 either had no symptoms or most likely minimal flu like symptoms one and two weeks before the game

Remember the Michael Jordan flu game, didn’t he have 103 or 104 temperature, had diarrhea all night, stomach cramps, possible food poisoning, and sick. And he still went out there and got it done. None of these kids have anything close to that.

You really have no clue how this virus works. For example, did you know a fully vaccinated person could infect an unvaccinated person and they could die? You shouldn't post on this subject when you know so little about it.
I’m aware of that…the same with the flu and every other virus.

but people simply aren’t dying from this anymore who are vaccinated. It’s pretty rare. You know this. So what are you saving?

I’m not a super vaxer or anti vaxer. It’s a individual choice for all to make but you can’t worry about protecting those who decide not to. The world has to move on

Are we still doing the politicizing of a pandemic thing?
People are, but I was not in my post. I’m not super vax guy and I’m not anti mask guy and I’m not referring to politics or parties. I’m just saying everyone has a choice to make and the world had to move on. Cancelling stuff is nonsense.

Yes. Those kids are perfectly healthy specimens with a personal nutritionist and are the probably the healthiest college generation in history. If 12 of them tested positive let’s be honest, most likely all 12 either had no symptoms or most likely minimal flu like symptoms one and two weeks before the game
Please stop saying those kids are perfectly healthy specimens when you do not have any idea how healthy any one of those kids are. Nobody knows how healthy they are except them and their doctors. They aren't magically healthy just because you say on social media they are healthy. That's not how it works.

This is getting pretty stupid. There’s vaccines, boosters, natural immunity out there. Vaccines readily available to those who want it, and almost nobody who’s catching it and is vaxed or previously infected is really getting killed or majorly effected..

why are we still cancelling games and events.

move on people. Live your lives. Covid will be here forever. Variant after variant will come….move on.
It got pretty stupid long ago.

Sounds like the Florida governor's fault to me. He's ignoring it completely, trying to out-Trump trump

I bet give or take 900K people and their families would beg to differ with a lot of you knuckleheads....
Exactly!!! These are people that have no empathy because they have never suffered a loved one loving their life and dealt with the ramifications. Like idiots they walk around and say stupid shit like we are all going to die.

Or myocarditis like Blades Jr

Please stop saying those kids are perfectly healthy specimens when you do not have any idea how healthy any one of those kids are. Nobody knows how healthy they are except them and their doctors. They aren't magically healthy just because you say on social media they are healthy. That's not how it works.
We do know however what their chances are in that age group of dying from Covid and it's somewhere around .03% Worse than the flu at that age.

Yeah, right around the time some idiot said,“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear”.
Or, how about when an even bigger idiot said he had a "plan" that would rid the USA of Covid and then ended up having more dead under his watch from the virus than the last guy in charge? And this was with 3 vaccines, more therapeutics and a lot more knowledge of how to treat patients than before.

Last edited:
Absolutely...this logic they have is so self indulgent....smfh
CD, what is your solution? How and when does this end? The players onthe team who got Covid DID NOT get it from just teammates and would have or will get it anyway. Further, none will die from COVID. If you are too ignorant to figure that out then….man, I feel sorry.

CD, what is your solution? How and when does this end? The players onthe team who got Covid DID NOT get it from just teammates and would have or will get it anyway. Further, none will die from COVID. If you are too ignorant to figure that out then….man, I feel sorry.
Nobody has "A solution". It's a world wide pandemic. You aren't going to have "A solution" to everything. That's just not how the real world works. This is your problem. You operate based on how you want things to be instead of how they are. The way it is, isn't a solution for a world pandemic. It is the best way to address a situation to help prevent it from spreading. This will allow for normalcy while protecting the vast majority of people. It's not the wild west where it is about self and screw you. It's not the 1800's any longer.

Or, how about when an even bigger idiot said he had a "plan" that would rid the USA of Covid and then ended up having more did under his watch from the virus than the last guy in charge? And this was with 3 vaccines, more therapeutics and a lot more knowledge of how to treat patients than before.
He can't tackle the dumbasses and force them to take the shot. We are 60% vaccinated, not good enough. He made the vaccine available but 60 million idiots won't take it. So they die, 1,000 a day still, almost all unvaccinated.
Sad .....

Reactions: cdwright40
He can't tackle the dumbasses and force them to take the shot. We are 60% vaccinated, not good enough. He made the vaccine available but 60 million idiots won't take it. So they die, 1,000 a day still, almost all unvaccinated.
Sad .....
Sad that you deflect on the incompetence of the job that the demented fool has done. As his former boss, Obama, used to say about him, "Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f*** things up."

Sad .....
52.3% of cases and 25% of deaths in Utah over the last 4 days were among the vaccinated.

I’m aware of that…the same with the flu and every other virus.

but people simply aren’t dying from this anymore who are vaccinated. It’s pretty rare. You know this. So what are you saving?

I’m not a super vaxer or anti vaxer. It’s a individual choice for all to make but you can’t worry about protecting those who decide not to. The world has to move on
Seat belts are required but no fuss from you. Why?

Sounds like the Florida governor's fault to me. He's ignoring it completely, trying to out-Trump trump
Nope. I asked my sister and she told me the federal govt. has run out of the prophylantix and is waiting for more to either be produced here or to arrive from overseas.

The demand is so great and they are so many people testing positive that the feds have run out.

Doesn’t the latest information show zero effect of J&J vaccine (the one I got as it was the only one offered by my provider) on the new variant? Not peer reviewed though
I did get a 50mg booster of Moderna ( twice the normal booster amount ) but that’s also iffy as far as effectiveness on the new strain.
Meanwhile Brandon is exhorting everyone to get a vaccination and a boost without any science to show that they are effective on the new variants . Get a jab , we don’t know what effect it will have , but you will die otherwise.
That’s the message ? And oh, by the way the those J &J vaccines? No help . We were just kidding . Maybe the MRNA stiff is better , maybe not , but who knows , but don’t get these shots which we don’t know will help .. and you will die .
What am I missing here ?
This is just a PR move . Get vaccinated because it may help , but that’s all we got folks .
Meanwhile we should have an ample supply of all therapeutics in the ready . They seem to be effective for all variants
The misinformation which is being spewed is coming from Washington DC
They are clueless
Listen you piece of shit, the President’s name is not Brandon. You are pure low class trash that has no credibility and deserves zero respect from anyone!

It’s one thing to criticize a president and disagree with his policy decisions, it’s a whole different level of low class, unAmerican, sleazy, scumbag to follow the lead of uneducated inbred white trash rednecks and use a derogatory slur at a president.

You honestly think anybody gives a f#ck what an asshole like you thinks or says? After showing what a low class piece of garbage you are only your fellow Trump loving cult douche bags can stand the putrid pile of shit stench that’s attached to you and anything you say!

Listen you piece of shit, the President’s name is not Brandon. You are pure low class trash that has no credibility and deserves zero respect from anyone!

It’s one thing to criticize a president and disagree with his policy decisions, it’s a whole different level of low class, unAmerican, sleazy, scumbag to follow the lead of uneducated inbred white trash rednecks and use a derogatory slur at a president.

You honestly think anybody gives a f#ck what an asshole like you thinks or says? After showing what a low class piece of garbage you are only your fellow Trump loving cult douche bags can stand the putrid pile of shit stench that’s attached to you and anything you say!
You mean like all the classy people who were chanting F Trump for 4 years? You've revealed yourself to be the libtard moron that I assumed you were from our prior discussion.

You and others keep missing the bigger picture. That age group can infect grandma and grandpa who aren't as healthy.
So in other words, no different form any other virus, right? 20,000 to 50,000 die every year from the flu in America but no mandates, masks, and no cancelled games for that deadly virus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT