ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones

LoveBug what up? Need to get to work, so can't keep going, but I am sure there will be some solid debates coming up on Coach No D and the immortal 3 in the dead of summer until football season starts.

Canesman why the homophobia brother? You have the word man in your name, I don't make silly homophobic jokes about it. Its 2013 man, equal rights for all right?
Is 3 still the coach?

Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU
Originally posted by canerob:
Sorry, no time for books like this. How were the Harry Potter books compared to the movies?

Originally posted by ellu:
Agreed if I have a knock its how cursory good content is treated. Arya story is AWESOME! Hell of the stories are great, this dudes mind is something special

If you are only watching the show you are doing yourself a major disservice.
The movies sucked in my opinion. I watched the first movie first, went to sleep in the theater. Refused to read the books for nearly a decade after b/c of how bullsh$$t the movie was. Read the first book and was blown the f3#$#k away. By the third book it wasn't a children's story. By the 6th book I was reading it twice and listening to the audio book. Friggin amazing.

I had two Potter movie fans that had never read the book catch up before the 6th movie, each (one male one female) agreed, books x 5000000000000 x infinity better), the dude HATES books and had to do it after taking an L in a bet.

Read em, they are actually good. Avoid Dexter second and third books, they are CRAPTASTIC and the show is better. Same goes for True Blood (Sookie Stackhouse Series) although the show sucked after season 2 as well.

Originally posted by canesreturn:
LOL Swagga. Off the Oxycontin yet? Denying my heritage? You drug addled POS have no clue what my heritage is. You are the one ashamed of yours talking about picking up KKK sheets from drycleaner and talking in another post about your ill and elderly Jewish relative. Jews all over the world recoil at organizations like the KKK you moron.

You talk like a tough guy in the safe anonymity of an internet board but doubt you would ever say those words in person. And I was criticizing a silly show, not attacking you personally or talking about your mother you thin skinned little weeny.

Take another hit to get through your miserable day and life.

Posted from wireless.rivals.com

This post was edited on 6/12 8:18 AM by canesreturn

I would say exactly those words. I don't know what KKK sheets you are referring to but you must have confused me with someone else.

Because I think our former coach who was black sucked as a coach does not put me in the KKK. That's what a weak minded person you are. Also shows how wrong you are about me. Swing and a miss by a mile. I don't talk tough. I never threaten anyone or talk of using violence. Are you threatening me? Who's the internet tough guy.

I have never wished that Shannon terminally I'll or rejoiced in his illness. I just wanted him out as coach and won't pretend like he was even close to a decent coach. .

You are right, I don't know your heritage. I just know that you are NOT black because you said so several times. So if you aren't even black so what's your issue? I try and stick up for homosexuals because I have seen them suffer enough IMO, what's your excuse? I treat people as individuals, not as members of a group. I don't support or denounce someone because they are oart of a group. I don't respect people that do that either.

Are you addicted to OxyContin? Other than that you are grasping at straws.You must be getting that from somewhere. Hey if you are in AA or NA, I support you 100% but don't project your problems on me.

However, I am glad to see you are so hung up on my back surgery though. Just got my 3 month X-rays and MRI. Hardware looks good, bone graft is taking and I am back at the gym 3 to 4 times a week.

I should be back on the basketball court by year's end.

Sorry you are having drug problems though. I know how people project. Just like homophobic people like thugu is battling with his attraction to men and it manifests itself through hatred. He is just a a lowlife anyway. Like a throwaway piece of white trash.

Good try.

This post was edited on 6/12 10:52 AM by Swaggah64

Originally posted by cane856:
Originally posted by Swaggah64:
Anyone else that couldn't wait for the HEAT game to end so they can see the season Finale of Game of thrones?
If you are a woman, can't get enough of post game coverage of the idiots that thought the Heat were done.
happy.r191677.gif
I understand how borderline retarded people like you want to stay tuned to the post game coverage because you are too stupid to have your own thoughts.

I could care less what anyone thinks about the series. The games are all that matters.

Peabrain.

Originally posted by LoveTHUGU:

Originally posted by cane856:
Anyone else that couldn't wait for the HEAT game to end so they can see the season Finale of Game of thrones?
If you are a woman
The OP is a woman.
You think all men are women because you are insanely attracted to them. That is were your homophobia stems from.'I am sure you don't get any women, except maybe really ugly ones because you are probably an ugly white trash troll. Years of inbreeding from some small town.

You mom and dad probably look like brothers.

All you assholes that take a thread like this and turn into what it has become can go FCUK yourselves.

Show what a bunch of brainless, childish fools you are.

Just to be clear ... Harry Potter was written for a much younger audience than Game of Thrones. It was all PG and kids were doing little magic tricks in a school. A great read I'm sure ... But Game of Thrones is just straight up "Adult Content Only." It's soaked with death, torture, sex, politics and violence. I would put Game of Thrones in a category with Spartacus, Vikings, and Walking Dead. Some people like those types of shows, some people don't. Mad Men is well written and critically acclaimed, but it should be compared to shows like Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, The Wire and shows like that, which are all great.

This is America, we all like different stuff. The one show vs. another show is kinda' silly.

When I was a kid, people thought I was crazy for reading Marvel Comic Books in the 80's. Then Hollywood turned around and made over 3 Billion from the Comic Book stories from the 80's - 90's. X-Men, Wolverine, Blade, Fantastic Four, Spider Man, V for Vendetta, Constantine, A History of Violence, The Watchmen, The Walking Dead, The Punisher, The Avengers, Thor, Iron Man, GI Joe, Transformers, Daredevil, Captain America, Hulk, Batman, Superman, etc ...

So I know some of you may say "Nah .. I'm not readin' no Game of Thrones Books." IMO you really are missing out on something pretty amazing.

This thread has nothing to do with the Canes. Sorry to get off track. TV shows are the only thing going until late August. I will take College Football over every single book and show I mentioned above!

If you are a woman
The OP is a woman.
You think all men are women because you are insanely attracted to them. That is were your homophobia stems from.'I am sure you don't get any women, except maybe really ugly ones because you are probably an ugly white trash troll. Years of inbreeding from some small town.

You mom and dad probably look like brothers.
Please leave my parents out of this you classless buffoon,thanks. GFY Swallow64 .....Go to rehab you dumb bastard.
p.s. Join flea in night school.Reading your posts is not easy with your second grade spelling.

BTW Swallow64 , you have posted at least half a dozen times that you had put me on ignore......I told your sorry ass you couldn't ignore me if you tried.
Take care of your drug problem, you are obviously in the denial stage.
This is me:
blackeye.r191677.gif

LOL Swagga. Off the Oxycontin yet? Denying my heritage? You drug addled POS have no clue what my heritage is.

I have never wished that Shannon terminally I'll or rejoiced in his illness. I just wanted him out as coach and won't pretend like he was even close to a decent coach. .

You are right, I don't know your heritage. I just know that you are NOT black because you said so several times. So if you aren't even black so what's your issue? I try and stick up for homosexuals because I am one.

This post was edited on 6/12 10:52 AM by Swaggah64
What illness? Why are you so hung up on race? Good for you.

BTW Swallow64 , you have posted at least half a dozen times that you had put me on ignore......I told your sorry ass you couldn't ignore me if you tried.
Take care of your drug problem, you are obviously in the denial stage.
This is me:
blackeye.r191677.gif
You have nothing, Nonsense drug habit and spelling.

I am far more intelligent than you. Did you go in the service to stay out of jail? I know you couldn't make it in college.

Your posts are at an adolescent level.

I can't ignore you on an iPhone moron.I wish I could.

Keep using little smiley faces. You can color them in when you are done.

I have not responded to your homophobic white trash self in quite a while. It is you who addressed me.

95% of your posts have no substance and just attack others.

Parents are a sore spot? Poor baby! So mom does look like a man.Or does dad look like a woman.

Oh Daddy had a sex change? Was that before or after he trying to screw you in the shower?

REMEMBER: All of your negativity towards me is because I asked that you have some respect for homosexuals as people with rights. Before that you had no issue with me.

That shows what kind of person you are that you would discriminate and try and dehumaize another group of people who have done nothing wrong. And if you feel it is against god then that is between them and god and not you.

When you come out of the closet you will want to be treated with respect too.

This post was edited on 6/12 1:13 PM by Swaggah64

Originally posted by mik303:
Just to be clear ... Harry Potter was written for a much younger audience than Game of Thrones. It was all PG and kids were doing little magic tricks in a school. A great read I'm sure ... But Game of Thrones is just straight up "Adult Content Only." It's soaked with death, torture, sex, politics and violence. I would put Game of Thrones in a category with Spartacus, Vikings, and Walking Dead. Some people like those types of shows, some people don't. Mad Men is well written and critically acclaimed, but it should be compared to shows like Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, The Wire and shows like that, which are all great.

This is America, we all like different stuff. The one show vs. another show is kinda' silly.

When I was a kid, people thought I was crazy for reading Marvel Comic Books in the 80's. Then Hollywood turned around and made over 3 Billion from the Comic Book stories from the 80's - 90's. X-Men, Wolverine, Blade, Fantastic Four, Spider Man, V for Vendetta, Constantine, A History of Violence, The Watchmen, The Walking Dead, The Punisher, The Avengers, Thor, Iron Man, GI Joe, Transformers, Daredevil, Captain America, Hulk, Batman, Superman, etc ...

So I know some of you may say "Nah .. I'm not readin' no Game of Thrones Books." IMO you really are missing out on something pretty amazing.

This thread has nothing to do with the Canes. Sorry to get off track. TV shows are the only thing going until late August. I will take College Football over every single book and show I mentioned above!
I will be reading the series this summer so at least I am caught up to the TV show. I believe it is in the middle of the 3rd book.Can't wait. I watched all of the shows you mentioned with the exception of Vikings which I couldn't get into but didn't really give it a chance. Is it worthy?

I agree it is silly that a little post about being excited for the finally of GOT would lead to all of these wasteful posts.
It is other people trying to spread there misery into other people's lives.

Those that attacked don't even know what GOT is, they just wanted to be asses, and they succeeded.

Swallow64, you are a gold mine full of laughs.You really are a dumb son of a bitch.I went in the service after I graduated from UM, something you couldn't do.You say you can't ignore me on an iphone? Lol. No self control I guess.

The hypocrisy is stunning, you are a walking, drug addicted contradiction.On one hand you denounce homosexual attacks and then you try to get back at me by insinuating my dead Father tried to rape me in the shower.Then Mr.Classy who rails on and on about "white trash" goes on to personal attacks on my Mother.Then you use a possible sex change as an insult after you portray your self as the gay champion.Keep on making an ass out of yourself oh genius.

GO TO REHAB!!!!!!

If you guys have nothing to add to this thread, which "was" a damn good thread, why even post in it? How Gary continues to let a handful of posters completely ruin this message board is still something I can't understand. BTW, Swagg, you bring a lot to this message board....much, much more than the guys you're beefing with in this thread. Please take my advice and ignore them. This board will be a better place if you do.

NJ, since I have seen you post board rules in threads in the past.Look up rule #10. Go back and look at my initial intervention in the thread, then read your friend's reaction as he mentions me in a reply to rerun and then when he directly replies to me.I know you stick up for Swallow but you can't honestly say he didn't overreact, well maybe you can.
As far what he brings to the board, it is laughable. Ask JB for example how long before anyone started talking about T Valentine and his issues I had already told him about them and shared info on many other recruits and other things related to the program.I am not here to be Mr.Insider and I am not here to pretend I know everything because I went to a couple HS games like Swallow.Anyways, have a good one.

Originally posted by mik303:

I will be reading the series this summer so at least I am caught up to the TV show. I believe it is in the middle of the 3rd book.Can't wait. I watched all of the shows you mentioned with the exception of Vikings which I couldn't get into but didn't really give it a chance. Is it worthy?

I agree it is silly that a little post about being excited for the finally of GOT would lead to all of these wasteful posts.
It is other people trying to spread there misery into other people's lives.

Those that attacked don't even know what GOT is, they just wanted to be asses, and they succeeded.
The sixth and seventh Books in the Potter series were directed to the kids who were then adults, I mean if you were a child when the first book was published you were an adult when 6 was published. Its a bit R for a kid. Song of Ice and Fire (GOT books) is not for children AT ALL may as well hand them a Clive Barker novel, lol. Both great books though and imho must read series.

Originally posted by NJCANE1:
If you guys have nothing to add to this thread, which "was" a damn good thread, why even post in it? How Gary continues to let a handful of posters completely ruin this message board is still something I can't understand. BTW, Swagg, you bring a lot to this message board....much, much more than the guys you're beefing with in this thread. Please take my advice and ignore them. This board will be a better place if you do.
Thanks NJ.

BTW I am glad that you responded to me. If you are a fan of GOT then you are a fan of Tyrian Lannister(sp?) and then of course Peter Dinklege, the actor who plays Tyrian,

There is a movie that my wife and I watched the other day starring Dinklege called "The Station Agent" which is filmed in a remote part of NJ. It is a very interesting and enjoyable movie if you get a chance.

I am somewhat of a movie buff in my own way. Not a Big Budget Hollywood movie type, more Indy and more interesting, thought provoking movies. Not a snob though.

Anyway, check that one out if you are interested and let me know what you think.

For the record this is my stance:

It is my opinion that the US will never be a great country unless ALL people are treated equal.

First African-Americans
Then Woman
Now Homosexuals
then it needs to keep moving to the next step in a natural progression.

People do not have to agree with Homosexual rights, they just have to accept it. Just as they didn't agree with AA rights and Women's rights.

Treat people with respect.

I treat all as individuals and am proud that taught that to my children. My family would laugh in the face of these people that are calling me a drug addict and a racist.

I am a self-made person who was never given anything in life and I grew up in a situation that was as tough as just about anyone's. There have been very few that I have run across that have overcome more than I have in life.

It took me a long time to give myself the credit I deserve and I will not stand for any of these lowlife's saying otherwise.

Swallow64, you are a gold mine full of laughs.You really are a dumb son of a bitch.I went in the service after I graduated from UM, something you couldn't do.You say you can't ignore me on an iphone? Lol. No self control I guess.

The hypocrisy is stunning, you are a walking, drug addicted contradiction.On one hand you denounce homosexual attacks and then you try to get back at me by insinuating my dead Father tried to rape me in the shower.Then Mr.Classy who rails on and on about "white trash" goes on to personal attacks on my Mother.Then you use a possible sex change as an insult after you portray your self as the gay champion.Keep on making an ass out of yourself oh genius.

GO TO REHAB!!!!!!
Last time I address you for a while Sub-human.

I think your Dead father did try to rape you and that is why you have such a hangup about gay people.

You are too stupid to understand that pedophilia and rape have nothing to do with being gay.

Trying to get to the rot of your many issues because you attack people as often as possible.

Sure you graduated UM and went to the service, genius move. Again you are too stupid to know that there is not an ignore feature on an iPhone.

You just try and twist everything around.

You have the mentality of an adolescent.

Not many posters here like or respect you. You are a loser

It is my opinion that the US will never be a great country unless ALL people are treated equal.
The US is the greatest country on earth. Perfect? No.A great country? ABSOLUTELY!

1)I can't ignore you on an iPhone moron.I wish I could.

YOU CAN IGNORE A POSTER AT ANYTIME WHETHER YOU CAN SEE THEIR POST OR NOT!!!

2)I have not responded to your homophobic white trash self in quite a while. It is you who addressed me.

WHERE DID I ADDRESS YOU?

3)95% of your posts have no substance and just attack others.

LOL THE IRONY OF THIS CONSIDERING WHAT YOU POST DIRECTLY BELOW

4)Parents are a sore spot? Poor baby! So mom does look like a man.Or does dad look like a woman.
Oh Daddy had a sex change? Was that before or after he trying to screw you in the shower?

I AND MOST DECENT PEOPLE KEEP FAMILIES OUT OF BOARD BANTER...BUT HEY YOU KEEP EXPOSING YOUR SELF RIGHTEOUS HYPOCRITICAL ASS FOR WHAT YOU ARE...A LOW LIFE.
This post was edited on 6/12 1:13 PM by Swaggah64
Get help man.

This post was edited on 6/12 10:54 PM by LoveTHUGU

Lovebug you have exposed a monster and it is Swagger not the dragons he worships on his beloved Game of Thrones aka a gussied up version of Dungeons and Dragons.
And to think he went off because there was criticism of a tv show!
Shows how dangerous miuse of opiates can be.
Get help Swagger. I will pray for you.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Lets get this back on track, sort of. Canesreturn is the Joffrey of Canesport, without the title and crown, of course. Mostly the whiny bitch part with homoerotic fixations and likely born of incest. Lol.

Again, can't wait to see Joffrey die. Canesreturn, on the other hand, is good for a few laughs and understands the need for 3 to leave, so let him live!

Who is Joffrey? Sorry I watched 10 minutes of two or three episodes and laughed so hard at the silliness each time I thought it was a subversive dark comedy of some kind. Then I found out its a serious drama. I laughed some more.
Canerob you are projecting your own fantasies on me. Live and let live is my philosophy but not interested, thanks.

But on 3 I agree. Maybe he can get a gig on GOT as the chinless wizard? I already regret typing that.

Thanks NJ.

BTW I am glad that you responded to me. If you are a fan of GOT then you are a fan of Tyrian Lannister(sp?) and then of course Peter Dinklege, the actor who plays Tyrian,

There is a movie that my wife and I watched the other day starring Dinklege called "The Station Agent" which is filmed in a remote part of NJ. It is a very interesting and enjoyable movie if you get a chance.

I am somewhat of a movie buff in my own way. Not a Big Budget Hollywood movie type, more Indy and more interesting, thought provoking movies. Not a snob though.

Anyway, check that one out if you are interested and let me know what you think.

First African-Americans
Then Woman
Now Homosexuals
then it needs to keep moving to the next step in a natural progression.

People do not have to agree with Homosexual rights, they just have to accept it. Just as they didn't agree with AA rights and Women's rights.

Treat people with respect.

I treat all as individuals and am proud that taught that to my children. My family would laugh in the face of these people that are calling me a drug addict and a racist.

I am a self-made person who was never given anything in life and I grew up in a situation that was as tough as just about anyone's. There have been very few that I have run across that have overcome more than I have in life.

It took me a long time to give myself the credit I deserve and I will not stand for any of these lowlife's saying otherwise.

Just got the 5 book bundle last night...started reading this morning. I'm already zoned in. I'm glad this thread was created because I didn't even know these books existed.

Just got the 5 book bundle last night...started reading this morning. I'm already zoned in. I'm glad this thread was created because I didn't even know these books existed.
They are truly a joy, frankly I think they captured some of the characters correct but others are not nearly as beautiful/ugly as my mind's eye painted them. The WALL is magnificently done on the show though.

Lovebug you have exposed a monster and it is Swagger not the dragons he worships on his beloved Game of Thrones aka a gussied up version of Dungeons and Dragons.
And to think he went off because there was criticism of a tv show!
Shows how dangerous miuse of opiates can be.
Get help Swagger. I will pray for you.

We should all pray for Swallow64, he is truly going down a road to nowhere.His denial is palpable, you see how he pulls the Dr.Jekyll-Mr.Hyde act in the blink of an eye. He is a miserable soul crying out for help while he lashes out insulting dead parents.
Swagger I forgive you and I will pray for you.God bless you Swaggah you can quit if you really want to.

This post was edited on 6/13 11:24 AM by LoveTHUGU

I orderd my bundle from eBay today. I was going to start it on my Nook but decided that I wanted to feel the paper.

So far do you find that seeing the series takes away from the story at all or do you find that it enhances it in a way.

I have 50 more pages on the last Hunger Games book so I'll be ready when they come.

The one thing about thoi series that is unuasual and that gives it an edge that most other books or series of this type don't have is that Martin is not afraid to kill off a Main character. And in interesting ways.

I first realized it when Ned Stark was beheaded in front of Arya and the Red Wedding was incredible as well.

I don't know how Walder Frey came off in the book but everything about his character in that episode was great. I like how he names his offspring kind of like George Foreman.

It seems like in Oswald State Correctional Facility, no one is safe and the ain characters continue to evolve. They don't stay sorcerer's apprentices at Hogwarts.

I orderd my bundle from eBay today. I was going to start it on my Nook but decided that I wanted to feel the paper.

So far do you find that seeing the series takes away from the story at all or do you find that it enhances it in a way.

I have 50 more pages on the last Hunger Games book so I'll be ready when they come.

The one thing about thoi series that is unuasual and that gives it an edge that most other books or series of this type don't have is that Martin is not afraid to kill off a Main character. And in interesting ways.

I first realized it when Ned Stark was beheaded in front of Arya and the Red Wedding was incredible as well.

I don't know how Walder Frey came off in the book but everything about his character in that episode was great. I like how he names his offspring kind of like George Foreman.

It seems like in Oswald State Correctional Facility, no one is safe and the ain characters continue to evolve. They don't stay sorcerer's apprentices at Hogwarts.

Had to stay home with my nine month old daughter today. Thought I'd get some reading in but she's been a handful so far. I did a quick research on all the families earlier, will start reading tonight when my wife gets home before the game. Will update you later. Thanks for helping get this thread back on topic.

Had to stay home with my nine month old daughter today. Thought I'd get some reading in but she's been a handful so far. I did a quick research on all the families earlier, will start reading tonight when my wife gets home before the game. Will update you later. Thanks for helping get this thread back on topic.
As far as getting the topic on point. I took your advice and went back to ignoring them. I will try and stick to it and be the better person that I am because I know that they will continue with their non-sense.

Dude, I am so jealous that you have a 9 month old daughter. My girls are now 17 and 14. I absolutely loved everything about those girls as babies. It is hard to read however.

Did you watch Spartacus as well?

As far as getting the topic on point. I took your advice and went back to ignoring them. I will try and stick to it and be the better person that I am because I know that they will continue with their non-sense.

Dude, I am so jealous that you have a 9 month old daughter. My girls are now 17 and 14. I absolutely loved everything about those girls as babies. It is hard to read however.

Did you watch Spartacus as well?

Never got into Spartacus but not because I wasn't interested. It's on my list of series to catch up on but I want to watch Sons of Anarchy and Walking Dead first. With the baby damn near walking I'm watching her more than TV...but I'm gonna find time to read the GOT series. Let me know what games you're going to this year and maybe we can meet up.

Now I know why Swallow is so big in gay rights movement. Spartacus?
OMG watching muscular men wearing skimpy shorts. That is Swallows life defined.

Now I know why Swallow is so big in gay rights movement. Spartacus?
OMG watching muscular men wearing skimpy shorts. That is Swallows life defined.
Viagra and all the opiates Swallow is on don't mix, Spartacus and Broke Back Mountain are the only things that give Swallow a hard on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT