ADVERTISEMENT

Impeachment means nothing when

This is the kind of shyt that Trump tweet causes. I tried to tell you this the other day.

Now he's got our military leadership all up in arms. I guess now y'alls response will be fire them all.

Do you guys not see wtf Donald Trump is doing to our country? He has absolutely got to be working for the other side.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/23/politics/edward-gallagher-navy-trump-disciplinary-action/index.html

I don’t know if you’ve ever been in the military, I’m guessing not, but there has always been a disconnect between the rank and file and the top brass. Their viewed as politicians. Troops with combat MOS”s love Trump, the top brass in Washington, not so much.

Reactions: krvanness
Chain of command matters. If the Commander in Chief says leave the Trident, you leave the guys fkn Trident alone. End of story.

Reactions: grbcane
Not a right winger and didn't vote for Trump. Just someone that is sick of this coup attempt on a duly elected President. I revert to Hillary and Obama to point out the hypocrisy that when Trump does the same things that they did, somehow when Trump does it he's bad, kids in cages would be an easy example, the fact that Obama deported more immigrants than any other President yet Trump is the racist towards them. You call it a policy decision that Obama withheld weapons for Ukraine to defend itself against Russia when they were invaded. It would not be a stretch to say that Obama's decision cost quite a bit more lives lost there than Trump's decision, and may have ended the invasion before it got this far. You keep saying that it is for his personal benefit but Biden is not his opponent yet, unless the Dem's have rigged this race the same way that they helped Hillary against Bernie. Did the Dem's not interfere with our election by doing so and are they not trying to harm their political opponent in the next election with these phony impeachment hearings that everyone knows will not end with Trump's removal? How amazing would it have been if the Dem's would have put as much time, money and effort into actually doing their jobs and fixing the things that need fixing in this Country.
You are a right winger and closet Trumper. Enough with the self-delusion. "Sick of this coup attempt"? He asked for foreign involvement in a U.S. election and it is a felony to attempt to acquire aid for a presidential campaign from a foreign government! Coup attempt my ass!

Reactions: Cane Attack
You are a right winger and closet Trumper. Enough with the self-delusion. "Sick of this coup attempt"? He asked for foreign involvement in a U.S. election and it is a felony to attempt to acquire aid for a presidential campaign from a foreign government! Coup attempt my ass!

It's Fox & Trump narrative and it's being drilled into their heads 24/7 Mike.

Kinda like......." Polly want a cracker " repeated over and over. Eventually the Parrots repeat it over & over like here.

I don’t know if you’ve ever been in the military, I’m guessing not, but there has always been a disconnect between the rank and file and the top brass. Their viewed as politicians. Troops with combat MOS”s love Trump, the top brass in Washington, not so much.

Is this a joke?

Still not a right winger so go ahead and keep being wrong it seems to be what you're good at. You want to steer the narrative on this but Trump is investigating a former VP for possible corruption while in office. It is the Dems that are using a phony impeachment hearing to try to damage their opponent in the next election.Please let us know when he gets removed from office over this coup attempt.

Last edited:
Reactions: utatem
Video won't paste. You can see this video from yesterday at Google search.

In Gen Hertling's comments you can detect the underlying problems with which Trump is affecting.

Trump interfering with military justice is such a bad bad precedence against military leadership.

It's Fox & Trump narrative and it's being drilled into their heads 24/7 Mike.

Kinda like......." Polly want a cracker " repeated over and over. Eventually the Parrots repeat it over & over like here.
I for one have never watched Fox News and I don't watch CNN either for that matter. I don't need a bunch of paid fools to tell me what to think of the news that day. Some of us are just sick and tired of the Dems not being able to accept the results of the last election that spoiled the coronation of their would be Queen. It's a shame the the Dems are using a phony impeachment hearing to try to damage their opponent in the next election.

Still not a right winger so go ahead and keep being wrong it seems to be what you're good at. You want to steer the narrative on this but Trump is investigating a former VP for possible corruption while in office. Please let us know when he gets removed from office over this coup attempt.

I wrote a "missing the point" response above. Maybe directed at you. Can't remember.

Wish you would read it tho. What Trump did is wrong and it's not a precedence we want our presidents, or any elected official doing. A coup?! OMG, please. That is straight from Fox.

We can debate the merits of impeaching Trump for this, but you and others need to understand why this is so bad for democracy........asking a foreign government to investigate a political opponent.

Curious, any chance you saw the piece on Russian interference in the 2016 election? On 60 minutes last nite. Well worth pulling it up if you missed it.

I for one have never watched Fox News and I don't watch CNN either for that matter. I don't need a bunch of paid fools to tell me what to think of the news that day. Some of us are just sick and tired of the Dems not being able to accept the results of the last election that spoiled the coronation of their would be Queen. It's a shame the the Dems are using a phony impeachment hearing to try to damage their opponent in the next election.

Oh you got coup somewhere and it didn't just pop up in your head.

I wrote a "missing the point" response above. Maybe directed at you. Can't remember.

Wish you would read it tho. What Trump did is wrong and it's not a precedence we want our presidents, or any elected official doing. A coup?! OMG, please. That is straight from Fox.

We can debate the merits of impeaching Trump for this, but you and others need to understand why this is so bad for democracy........asking a foreign government to investigate a political opponent.

Curious, any chance you saw the piece on Russian interference in the 2016 election? On 60 minutes last nite. Well worth pulling it up if you missed it.
Like I said, I don't watch much news as it seems to be slanted toward whichever network you're watching at the time. Not naive enough to think that Trump is beyond reproach but don't think you have an impeachable offense and that is the only thing I'm debating. Why are the Dems so afraid of facing Trump in the next election? You would think that if Trump is as bad and evil as they say he is then they should win by a landslide.

Oh you got coup somewhere and it didn't just pop up in your head.
Are you saying that I'm not capable of having a thought of my own on this? Sorry, but after 3 years of non stop investigations into Trump that have failed it has the look of getting him for not dotting his i's and crossing his t's at this point, which reminds me of a coup attempt. While I'll accept the fact that I may be wrong for thinking this, it is still my thoughts.Why not let the voters decide next November?

Last edited:
Reactions: grbcane
Is this a joke?
No, sorry you obviously haven’t, I know how big your ego is, but believe it or not someone other than the great Cane Attack can know something, by the way I’ve been following this story for over a year, Gallagher was rightly acquitted. It figures you’d side with the self award giving Jag lawyers.

Reactions: GLFSTRM
Still not a right winger so go ahead and keep being wrong it seems to be what you're good at. You want to steer the narrative on this but Trump is investigating a former VP for possible corruption while in office. It is the Dems that are using a phony impeachment hearing to try to damage their opponent in the next election.Please let us know when he gets removed from office over this coup attempt.
If you're not a right winger, why is it you post negative comments only about the Dems? You're a phony and BS artist just like your Dear Leader!

If you're not a right winger, why is it you post negative comments only about the Dems? You're a phony and BS artist just like your Dear Leader!
If I wanted to take the time I could pull up a few of my posts here over the years where I have said that George W. was a buffoon, Oliver North should still be in prison for his role in the Iran Contra BS and where I questioned how many hearings over Benghazi are enough? There are even a few where I've called Trump a chump. Sorry but I call things like I see them and I also happen to believe that how the Dem's are going about this is just plain wrong. If you want to label someone or call them names, then at least be accurate in what you are saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: utatem
No, sorry you obviously haven’t, I know how big your ego is, but believe it or not someone other than the great Cane Attack can know something, by the way I’ve been following this story for over a year, Gallagher was rightly acquitted. It figures you’d side with the self award giving Jag lawyers.

You just bursted my bubble. Hurt my feelings. I thought we had an understanding about personal attacks. I have 0 ego. I can't help it if I'm right most of the time. You guys make it so easy. But that doesn't make me egotistical. That would be XXXXX's department. You know who it is.

Did you by chance see the 60 min piece last night on Russian 2016 election interference? Good piece if you get a chance, but if you saw it, what are your thots?

Are you saying that I'm not capable of having a thought of my own on this? Sorry, but after 3 years of non stop investigations into Trump that have failed it has the look of getting him for not dotting his i's and crossing his t's at this point, which reminds me of a coup attempt. While I'll accept the fact that I may be wrong for thinking this, it is still my thoughts.Why not let the voters decide next November?

No, you can think on your feet. I just think coup has been repeated by the other side so much, that it stuck on you, you heard it there. So basically you thought coup and then they came up with it?

801, I don't care if one side or the other investigate each other to death. The key words here are "for cause". Trump even asking a foreign government for an investigation into his "likely" chief political rival in 2020 is "cause" and WRONG! If you can't see nor understand that then I have no hope for you. Or, are you arguing for arguments sake. Hard to tell with you.

If a Democrat did it, I'd feel the same way. As far as impeachment goes, remember, this was an Inquiry. Should they now Impeach? Even though I think there's more than enough evidence, 1. Apparently the American public is leaning against impeachment. 2. Forget the Senate. I could care less bout them. 3. But if most Americans prefer to table impeachment in favor of the 2020 ballot box, I can live with that I guess.

No, you can think on your feet. I just think coup has been repeated by the other side so much, that it stuck on you, you heard it there. So basically you thought coup and then they came up with it?

801, I don't care if one side or the other investigate each other to death. The key words here are "for cause". Trump even asking a foreign government for an investigation into his "likely" chief political rival in 2020 is "cause" and WRONG! If you can't see nor understand that then I have no hope for you. Or, are you arguing for arguments sake. Hard to tell with you.

If a Democrat did it, I'd feel the same way. As far as impeachment goes, remember, this was an Inquiry. Should they now Impeach? Even though I think there's more than enough evidence, 1. Apparently the American public is leaning against impeachment. 2. Forget the Senate. I could care less bout them. 3. But if most Americans prefer to table impeachment in favor of the 2020 ballot box, I can live with that I guess.
The problem I have is that if they are doing nothing but investigating 24/7 then they are wasting a lot of time and money that could be better spent solving our nation's problems. Investigate someone, fine, but when you continually come up empty then it's time to move on. What do you think this will lead to the next time a Dem is elected? Do you think the Pub's will not go after that person tooth and nail for their full term? Unless this is what it would take to get rid of the two party system here then I'd rather not see American politics go down that road where nothing will ever get done except to try to make the other side look bad.

The problem I have is that if they are doing nothing but investigating 24/7 then they are wasting a lot of time and money that could be better spent solving our nation's problems. Investigate someone, fine, but when you continually come up empty then it's time to move on. What do you think this will lead to the next time a Dem is elected? Do you think the Pub's will not go after that person tooth and nail for their full term? Unless this is what it would take to get rid of the two party system here then I'd rather not see American politics go down that road where nothing will ever get done except to try to make the other side look bad.

I agree is tiresome, but you can't let a president abuse his power. Of course it leads to nothing. Why? Because the deck is stacked with either AG Bill Barr during Mueller and a Republican Senate now, plus republicans who are more worried about getting reelected than they are sbout doing what's right. This is especially egregious since we just went through a period where Russia successfully hacked the DNC Server. They used information gained through that info in not only our 2016 presidential election in Trump's favor, but also in several congressional races.

Video won't paste. You can see this video from yesterday at Google search.

In Gen Hertling's comments you can detect the underlying problems with which Trump is affecting.

Trump interfering with military justice is such a bad bad precedence against military leadership.

The so called military justice IN THIS PARTICULAR CASE, was the problem.

The so called military justice IN THIS PARTICULAR CASE, was the problem.

You are so misguided grb. Have very little understanding of the importance of good order & discipline to the military.

Go ahead, continue to follow Trump.

You just bursted my bubble. Hurt my feelings. I thought we had an understanding about personal attacks. I have 0 ego. I can't help it if I'm right most of the time. You guys make it so easy. But that doesn't make me egotistical. That would be XXXXX's department. You know who it is.

Did you by chance see the 60 min piece last night on Russian 2016 election interference? Good piece if you get a chance, but if you saw it, what are your thots?

I wouldn’t watch Sixty Minutes to save my life. The Russians have always interfered with our elections. It’s nothing new, they always go after the front runner, they were the ones behind the Trump Tower protest. The mainstream media and Democrats (one and the same) used this half truth, to say they colluded with Trump in the election.

You are so misguided grb. Have very little understanding of the importance of good order & discipline to the military.

Go ahead, continue to follow Trump.

Of course, anyone who disagrees with you, is misguided, brainwashed, and over all just not as enlightened as you. You don’t know the history of this case, and the misconduct of the prosecution, do you? Gallagher’s team put in a complaint to the IG, and they retaliated. Those corrupt Jag lawyers were trying to advance their career over his case.

Of course, anyone who disagrees with you, is misguided, brainwashed, and over all just not as enlightened as you. You don’t know the history of this case, and the misconduct of the prosecution, do you? Gallagher’s team put in a complaint to the IG, and they retaliated. Those corrupt Jag lawyers were trying to advance their career over his case.

I'm not arguing the murder trial, which was screwed up by the investigators and the Naval prosecutors. I'm arguing Trumps interference ref the Trident pin. He's way out of his lane. Has no business interfering.

I wouldn’t watch Sixty Minutes to save my life. The Russians have always interfered with our elections. It’s nothing new, they always go after the front runner, they were the ones behind the Trump Tower protest. The mainstream media and Democrats (one and the same) used this half truth, to say they colluded with Trump in the election.

I guess Don Jr's meeting in Trump tower was a mirage. lol And Trump himself knew nothing about it.

I'm not arguing the murder trial, which was screwed up by the investigators and the Naval prosecutors. I'm arguing Trumps interference ref the Trident pin. He's way out of his lane. Has no business interfering.
One of the first things you learn in MEPS is the chain of command, it’s posted everywhere. In just about every building is a picture of the sitting U. S. President. He’s on top of the command, it starts with him. He has the obligation to step in when there is an injustice. Gallagher was continually being harassed after being exonerated.

One of the first things you learn in MEPS is the chain of command, it’s posted everywhere. In just about every building is a picture of the sitting U. S. President. He’s on top of the command, it starts with him. He has the obligation to step in when there is an injustice. Gallagher was continually being harassed after being exonerated.

Being harassed is a different matter entirely, if true. The guy violated the UCMJ, so he loses his pin, gets knocked down one rank. I don't believe letting him off the hook. You can't see the future problems this interference will cause to case after case after case? A U.S. president has no business interfering in
military justice when you have a competent chain of command from the SecDef on down against this move. There was a microscope on Eddie Gallagher's case. This one because of what happened during the murder trial. Trump is basically telling every leader in that chain, from SecDef on down that they're incompetent and he knows more than they know. Sorry grb, but he doesn't know shyt from shinolla about the military system of justice and he certainly doesn't know more than his Generals as he proclaimed a year or two ago. This is exactly the type of leadership that is severely frowned upon at least in the Army.

Being harassed is a different matter entirely, if true. The guy violated the UCMJ, so he loses his pin, gets knocked down one rank. I don't believe letting him off the hook. You can't see the future problems this interference will cause to case after case after case? A U.S. president has no business interfering in
military justice when you have a competent chain of command from the SecDef on down against this move. There was a microscope on Eddie Gallagher's case. This one because of what happened during the murder trial. Trump is basically telling every leader in that chain, from SecDef on down that they're incompetent and he knows more than they know. Sorry grb, but he doesn't know shyt from shinolla about the military system of justice and he certainly doesn't know more than his Generals as he proclaimed a year or two ago. This is exactly the type of leadership that is severely frowned upon at least in the Army.

You make some decent points, but the only thing he got convicted of, is taking a a picture with a deceased combatant. A terrorist who killed some troops. A couple of JAG lawyers trying to enhance their career railroaded him, held back exculpatory evidence. I think they were even sanctioned by the state bar.

Reactions: krvanness
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT