ADVERTISEMENT

NRA backlash: Major bank and car-rental giant are ending partnerships

cdwright40

SuperCane
Aug 14, 2007
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...partnerships/ar-BBJtRte?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

Companies are starting to distance themselves from the NRA. There is going to be a lot of protest and a lot of money lost to companies working with the NRA unless some changes to the gun laws are made.

You will see seats lost if anyone claims to receive money from them unless there are some changes. People are going to get organized.

This is a bipartisan attempt and the buck has to stop somewhere. To sit around and say things like my heart goes out to these people or they were heroes and all this BS that is said ....and accompanied with no action is simply unacceptable. This will be a hot ticket election issue this year. Our countries gun laws are atrocious and innocent people are being slayed as a result....not to even mention it puts our police officers in more danger. Therefore they are more quick to protect themselves and make mistakes because some Jabroni with an assault riffle is out there and they have their hand gun.....so they will not enter the building. Rightfully so by the way. They have families too and if you ask me I am not criticizing that cop for not trying to be a hero. Wait for back up. The kid was a nut job!

We need to tighten up all loop holes. Extend background checks. Remove any access to assault riffles for people who aren't in law enforcement or qualified to own one. Study what other countries are doing.

This is about greed. Not the second amendment. We have our right to bear arms so we can protect ourselves. That's all. The British are no longer coming. The last time they came was 1812. It's silly! We don't need to worry about them any longer.

And to say things like “I don’t blame the Cop for not engaging the shooter will get people organized also!! However again you’ve never sacrificed for this country! All you’ve ever done is run of at the mouth and take!!

Reactions: Strack_Cane
They are going to lose a lot of "partnerships" by way of social media pressure. Same way Bill O'Reilly got fired from Fox.

They are going to lose a lot of "partnerships" by way of social media pressure. Same way Bill O'Reilly got fired from Fox.
Or the same way Matt Lauer got fired from NBC, however due to political correctness Jamele Hill doesn’t get fired for distracting the President with false claims! You Libs are classless

Reactions: Strack_Cane
Or the same way Matt Lauer got fired from NBC, however due to political correctness Jamele Hill doesn’t get fired for distracting the President with false claims! You Libs are classless
She said that he was a White Supremacist. That's her opinion not a false claim. There is a difference.

She said that he was a White Supremacist. That's her opinion not a false claim. There is a difference.
Is he a white supremacist? He’s at meetings with a good on?? Cmon bro the left has stretched defeinutions ans uses false labels enough! Time to draw a line somewhere

Is he a white supremacist? He’s at meetings with a good on?? Cmon bro the left has stretched defeinutions ans uses false labels enough! Time to draw a line somewhere
If you're asking me has he ever been spotted at a Klan rally? No, not that I'm aware of but how is that different from people on the right saying Obama is a Muslim, terrorist or Michelle is a man?

Reactions: cdwright40
If you're asking me has he ever been spotted at a Klan rally? No, not that I'm aware of but how is that different from people on the right saying Obama is a Muslim, terrorist or Michelle is a man?
That makes them White Supremacist? Really?? Or are these watered down labels since the left has used them so much?

That makes them White Supremacist? Really?? Or are these watered down labels since the left has used them so much?
Who knows but my original question for you was how is what Jemelle said any different than people on the right saying Obama was a Muslim or Anti-cop, divisive?

Reactions: cdwright40
If you are asking if Obama been spotted praying at a Mosque? No, not that I am aware of, but in a New York Times interview he did describe the Muslim call to prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset."
https://www.factcheck.org/2009/12/truth-on-the-cutting-room-floor/

EXACTLY! It has begun and these kids are talking the lead. There will be a 7 minute walk out all students and teachers will take a part of around the country. There will also be a march on Washington. This will pick up around the fall for the election season.

Reactions: Raoul2
If you are asking if Obama been spotted praying at a Mosque? No, not that I am aware of, but in a New York Times interview he did describe the Muslim call to prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset."
https://www.factcheck.org/2009/12/truth-on-the-cutting-room-floor/
....and? So what? That's what I could never understand about people like you. Maybe it is beautiful to him....What's wrong with having this religion if he did have this religion? Does everyone have to have the same belief system? What's wrong with being Muslim if he was Muslim? There are billions throughout the world....and you guys come with this stuff like there is something wrong with being Muslim. It's prejudice...I'm sorry but it is.

I hear things like, well maybe not but when there is a terrorist attack they are Muslim. So you deduct all Muslims are terrorist or condone terrorism for this reason? That's like me saying, well every time a black man is shot it is by a white cop so....am I to deduct all white people kill black people or are racist? It's silly.

You act like Christians don't have extreme groups and aren't nutty as hell. They terrorize too. I never see any links condemning them. The Klan is an extreme Christian group. They have an entire history of terrorizing people. A lot of our attacks are so called Christians.

Last edited:
Reactions: lou97

I’ve never seen Trump with a hood on, but I have seen Michelle with a gargantuan cucumber like figure protruding out of her dress while she fights off massive jock crotch. And Obama may not be Muslim but he sure as hell loves himself some NOI domestic terrorists and goes soft at shampoo on ISIS. But hey, who knows....... lol.......

I’ve never seen Trump with a hood on, but I have seen Michelle with a gargantuan cucumber like figure protruding out of her dress while she fights off massive jock crotch. And Obama may not be Muslim but he sure as hell loves himself some NOI domestic terrorists and goes soft at shampoo on ISIS. But hey, who knows....... lol.......
Lol.....Now refresh my memory as any acts of domestic terrorism committed by the Nation of Islam.

This is ****ing horse shit....in the 80 s and before did we have shootings...and the laws was the same...so to punish the law abiding citizens is bull shit....stop the ****ing madness...it is criminals doing this...

....and? So what? That's what I could never understand about people like you. Maybe it is beautiful to him....What's wrong with having this religion if he did have this religion? Does everyone have to have the same belief system? What's wrong with being Muslim if he was Muslim? There are billions throughout the world....and you guys come with this stuff like there is something wrong with being Muslim. It's prejudice...I'm sorry but it is.

I hear things like, well maybe not but when there is a terrorist attack they are Muslim. So you deduct all Muslims are terrorist or condone terrorism for this reason? That's like me saying, well every time a black man is shot it is by a white cop so....am I to deduct all white people kill black people or are racist? It's silly.

You act like Christians don't have extreme groups and aren't nutty as hell. They terrorize too. I never see any links condemning them. The Klan is an extreme Christian group. They have an entire history of terrorizing people. A lot of our attacks are so called Christians.
Lol so everyone that buys a gun shoots up places...come on

I don't want my rights gone cause of bad ppl...I don't own an assault gun..but some do...I don't think our rights should be eroded because some ppl are evil that is wrong
That's complete BS in my opinion. You have the right to bear arms. Not own military grade mass assault weaponry.

That's complete BS in my opinion. You have the right to bear arms. Not own military grade mass assault weaponry.
The right to bare arms don't sat what u can own and can't own...so it's not bs...so fertilizer killed ppl in a bomb so ban that too...killed more than one person...look I don't want ppl killed either but to take away from law abiding citizens is wrong

Reactions: ZEKEMUG
I’m for a ban on the these assault rifles. As I have CONSISTENTLY stated long before Douglas shooting, NO constitutional amendment is without limitation.

There are even restrictions on freedom of speech. You can’t yell “Fire” in a theatre and get away with it and then say that banning yelling “Fire” in a theatre is an attack on your First Amendment rights.

You can have civilians armed with Assault Rifles outpowering law enforcement with hand guns. what is the point of even having police in the first place. I don’t believe that banning an AK-47, AR-15, etc. is tantamount to wiping out the 2nd Amendment.

But the real ROOT of this problem is MENTAL HEALTH rehabilitation, and until you address and remedy that system it doesnt matter jack shit what you ban because people will always find a way to mass murder.

Okay my man, I read both hyperlinks and still can't find what I originally challenged you to provide which was acts of domestic terrorism committed by the Nation of Islam.

I mean, they're not flying planes into buildings, but they are clearly architects of Anti-American domestic terrorist acts that threaten our civilized society. Among many others both black and white, to be fair.

I’m for a ban on the these assault rifles. As I have CONSISTENTLY stated long before Douglas shooting, NO constitutional amendment is without limitation.

There are even restrictions on freedom of speech. You can’t yell “Fire” in a theatre and get away with it and then say that banning yelling “Fire” in a theatre is an attack on your First Amendment rights.

You can have civilians armed with Assault Rifles outpowering law enforcement with hand guns. what is the point of even having police in the first place. I don’t believe that banning an AK-47, AR-15, etc. is tantamount to wiping out the 2nd Amendment.

But the real ROOT of this problem is MENTAL HEALTH rehabilitation, and until you address and remedy that system it doesnt matter jack shit what you ban because people will always find a way to mass murder.
If u want an assault gun go to an inner city and u can buy one...u don't have to go to a store and buy it...so that's not the answer...and again these laws have been on the books for awhile...you agree to that...we didn't have school shooting when I was in school..same laws...ppl kill...I don't care...if you have ppl that follow the law they won't be shooting anyone

The right to bare arms don't sat what u can own and can't own...so it's not bs...so fertilizer killed ppl in a bomb so ban that too...killed more than one person...look I don't want ppl killed either but to take away from law abiding citizens is wrong
No they can't. They can't predict what weapons will be invented or how said weapons will be used. They left that in the hands of lawmakers. I'm pretty sure they didn't intend for kids to buy assault rifles in 5 minutes to clear out a school. Because i have the benefit of seeing what is invented and the harm it does especially to our children. It's our responsibility to protect our kids...and this rhetoric about your rights has nothing to do with what i am talking about.

People hide behind gun rights. I don't feel the need. I have owned one 25 years and never used it. Assault weapons don't belong on our streets so stop wasting your breath. You wont convince me otherwise.

Arch conservatives, like Scalia who I always loved, respected, and admired, was an "Originalist", meaning that the Constitution and its respected Amendments should be interpreted in their original setting when they were enacted.

Well, when the Second Amendment was enacted, you know what guns we had:
- Muskets
- Shotguns
- Handguns

So...........

Arch conservatives, like Scalia who I always loved, respected, and admired, was an "Originalist", meaning that the Constitution and its respected Amendments should be interpreted in their original setting when they were enacted.

Well, when the Second Amendment was enacted, you know what guns we had:
- Muskets
- Shotguns
- Handguns

So...........
True about Scalia....and the guns.

"People like you"? now THAT is a RACIST remark, isn't it??? Or does that only apply when white people say it to non-whites?
I was just showing you why some people may think that Obama is a Muslim. I don't remember him saying anything about Christian hymns. I did not say there was anything bad about being a Muslim, I said nothing about a terrorist attack, I said nothing about Christians, or the Klan. Why do you have such prejudice towards people who disagree with you? Why so much hate? Can't you just have a civil conversation?

If u want an assault gun go to an inner city and u can buy one...u don't have to go to a store and buy it...so that's not the answer...and again these laws have been on the books for awhile...you agree to that...we didn't have school shooting when I was in school..same laws...ppl kill...I don't care...if you have ppl that follow the law they won't be shooting anyone
I nor anyone said you had to go to the store to buy one. That's not the point. You make it as difficult as possible for a 15 year old....or anyone else.

Your logic is like saying i shouldn't lock my house up because they will get in anyway. No...I'm not going to make it easy to break into my home.

"People like you"? now THAT is a RACIST remark, isn't it??? Or does that only apply when white people say it to non-whites?
I was just showing you why some people may think that Obama is a Muslim. I don't remember him saying anything about Christian hymns. I did not say there was anything bad about being a Muslim, I said nothing about a terrorist attack, I said nothing about Christians, or the Klan. Why do you have such prejudice towards people who disagree with you? Why so much hate? Can't you just have a civil conversation?
I think it applies to people that make the comment. I can't control how you take it however. Common sense goes a long long way.

People "think" Obama is kenyen too. Who cares!

The whole point on banning assault rifles is not to eliminate ALL potential threatening people from acquiring them, but to REDUCE the AMOUNT of people who actually do. There is no perfect solution or we would have figured this out 5-10-15 years ago... But doing nothing and expecting anything to change is the Einstein definition of insanity. Civilians do not need to have ALL types of guns made... There should be SOME restrictions on the 2nd Amendment as there are with ANY Amendment to the Constitution- coupling THAT with BOTH severe background checks and having more armed uniform police officers in schools. THAT type of three-prong approach is something substantive that actually will make a significant impact in my opinion.

Who knows but my original question for you was how is what Jemelle said any different than people on the right saying Obama was a Muslim or Anti-cop, divisive?
The Obama Muslim thing was messed up, who said that on the same platform as her? Some weirdo on internet maybe?? She’s a huge face of espn disrespecting the president

Reactions: canesfan470
No they can't. They can't predict what weapons will be invented or how said weapons will be used. They left that in the hands of lawmakers. I'm pretty sure they didn't intend for kids to buy assault rifles in 5 minutes to clear out a school. Because i have the benefit of seeing what is invented and the harm it does especially to our children. It's our responsibility to protect our kids...and this rhetoric about your rights has nothing to do with what i am talking about.

People hide behind gun rights. I don't feel the need. I have owned one 25 years and never used it. Assault weapons don't belong on our streets so stop wasting your breath. You wont convince me otherwise.
I don't have to convince u and don't tell me what to say....I don't care about u owned a gun...I have a few too and don't kill ppl...if u want to protect the youth go be a guard at the schools...I am not hiding behind anything I told u how I feel...and I will tell u again if u like

Reactions: PalmaBoy
I don't have to convince u and don't tell me what to say....I don't care about u owned a gun...I have a few too and don't kill ppl...if u want to protect the youth go be a guard at the schools...I am not hiding behind anything I told u how I feel...and I will tell u again if u like
He would never guard schools, like CD said he diesbt blame that cop for hiding while 17 people got killed! Yet I’m sure he’d want the cops to guard him and his kid.

I nor anyone said you had to go to the store to buy one. That's not the point. You make it as difficult as possible for a 15 year old....or anyone else.

Your logic is like saying i shouldn't lock my house up because they will get in anyway. No...I'm not going to make it easy to break into my home.
Wow...that wasn't the logic..my logic is if you ban them...they will be bought on the black market for big money...how you got that is beyond me

Reactions: PalmaBoy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT