ADVERTISEMENT

NRA backlash: Major bank and car-rental giant are ending partnerships

You just made his point. Why AREN’T we talking about these types of deaths? Do they not count?
It is out of respect for those 17 kids and their families we are talking about guns. I don't think it does them much good to discuss babies and cars or hand grenades or all the other issues when they had to bury 17 people because you don't feel like talking about why anyone can procure a military grade weapon in 5 minutes.

The topic is people getting killed by maniacs. Apparently for some it is okay when they are killed by anything other than a gun. Speaking of straw man, he went around saying "If I only had a brain", which is similar to those that ignore the fact that a crazy person will find a way to kill, regardless of the fact of which method they will use to do so.
That isn't the topic. The topic is listed on the thread - NRA backlash: Major bank and car-rental giant are ending partnerships

I don't understand why so many people feel the need to change the topic. it's listed here. If you want to discuss babies and murder rates and bombs or whatever you are free to start a thread and discuss that.

If you want to post here please stay on the topic...otherwise start another thread to discuss what you want.

That isn't the topic. The topic is listed on the thread - NRA backlash: Major bank and car-rental giant are ending partnerships
Fair enough but it seems kind of weird that a car rental agency would do this when it was a rental truck from Home Depot that killed people in New York. Should we also ban companies from renting vehicles? I mean, if it saves even one life then it is worth it right?

Reactions: canesfan470
The topic is people getting killed by maniacs. Apparently for some it is okay when they are killed by anything other than a gun. Speaking of straw man, he went around saying "If I only had a brain", which is similar to those that ignore the fact that a crazy person will find a way to kill, regardless of the fact of which method they will use to do so.

The thread title is about the NRA - an organization that deals exclusively with firearms. That's not to say there weren't other issues wrong with this kid, but the combination of all factors including his small arsenal of weapons he accrued were clearly a problem.

The thread title is about the NRA - an organization that deals exclusively with firearms. That's not to say there weren't other issues wrong with this kid, but the combination of all factors including his small arsenal of weapons he accrued were clearly a problem.
I will agree 100% that this piece of trash should have never been allowed to purchase a gun of any kind. The thread title indeed is about the NRA, but it is also about the reason they are doing this, which is hypocritical to some when there are many other methods used to kill lots of people at the same time.

Fair enough but it seems kind of weird that a car rental agency would do this when it was a rental truck from Home Depot that killed people in New York. Should we also ban companies from renting vehicles? I mean, if it saves even one life then it is worth it right?
Not disagreeing with that but it seems like every time some obvious nutt job purchases a military grade weapon in a matter of minutes and cleans some place out we all just say things like my heart goes out to them, then we talk about all our other problems, then our 2nd amendment rights and then we go about our business. It just doesn't seem like that is not only leaving the problem unsolved but not even trying anything. To me, I could care less about some nutt jobs so called 2nd amendment rights. To me he or she isn't a law abiding citizen so they have no rights.

Sounds like a straw man argument to me. The central topic here is homicides by firearms. Talking about planes, trains, and automobiles is nice but it does nothing other than distract from analyzing workable solutions with respect to firearms.
Did you feel the same when two Muslims shot up an office in San Bernardino? Did it matter they were over 21! What about Omar the Pulse shooter? We’re you this outspoken then? Why not?

This proves what? Some of you dudes are so ignorant. Smdh.

The Muslim Faith, under Sharia Law, is not consistent with the Judeo Christian Principles under which the Constitution of the United States of America was founded.

That is the importance of him being a Muslim, for which he just admitted.

It is out of respect for those 17 kids and their families we are talking about guns. I don't think it does them much good to discuss babies and cars or hand grenades or all the other issues when they had to bury 17 people because you don't feel like talking about why anyone can procure a military grade weapon in 5 minutes.
If you have so much respect for these kids why did you defend the cop who did nothing?? Why do you double talk every thread?

The Muslim Faith, under Sharia Law, is not consistent with the Judeo Christian Principles under which the Constitution of the United States of America was founded.

That is the importance of him being a Muslim, for which he just admitted.
No he didn't admit to being a Muslim, he made a mistake or misspoke as if you've never done that before but you want to take this sound bite in which that was clearly the case and twist it to fit your agenda.

Not disagreeing with that but it seems like every time some obvious nutt job purchases a military grade weapon in a matter of minutes and cleans some place out we all just say things like my heart goes out to them, then we talk about all our other problems, then our 2nd amendment rights and then we go about our business. It just doesn't seem like that is not only leaving the problem unsolved but not even trying anything. To me, I could care less about some nutt jobs so called 2nd amendment rights. To me he or she isn't a law abiding citizen so they have no rights.
I agree that something needs to be done about those that should not have guns, and also agree that what we are doing now is not working. I do disagree with those that want to take away all guns, and I do know that you're not one of those that feels that way. It's too bad that our so called leaders in this country can't sit down and work things out. Those on the left have to pander to the extremes that want all guns gone, while those on the right have to pander to the extremes that want nothing done. It's a shame that the two sides no longer are willing to compromise to get things done. The Parkland shooting just may be the impetus to do that. We shall see.

Blah Blah Blah Blah....we aren't talking about Trucks and Babies or Bombs. What do you have ADD? We are talking about guns. What we can do about guns! Not trucks or babies or bombs.

Oh, and if you think it is just Liberals that are pissed you have no idea of what is going on.
It is ok CD you know the truth and can not argue with it . Never said conservatives are not pissed off. I'm dame mad. I'm mad that a liberal Sheriff that has no balls passed the buck. I'm mad that liberals like you take innocent children and use them for a political cause. I'm mad that the FBI droped the buck and nothing being done about that. I'm mad that the liberals in that county hand cuffed the police force for stopping bad kids at school because they said it was social injustice. I'm mad at the liberal Human health and service gave this idiot a pass. I'm mad that liberals like you pass the buck on these sorry government workers that could have stopped this idiot and did nothing. No you can blame the NRA and law abiding citizens but the truth is the blame falls squarely on the liberals and the sorry liberal government that is in charge of that county for not in forcing the existing laws . If the laws that were in place had been followed 17 children would be out having a great weekend with there family. You are wrong conservatives are dame mad this should have never happen. As far as your bla bla bla remark that is all you got because you can not argue with the truth.

Reactions: PalmaBoy
It is ok CD you know the truth and can not argue with it . Never said conservatives are not pissed off. I'm dame mad. I'm mad that a liberal Sheriff that has no balls passed the buck. I'm mad that liberals like you take innocent children and use them for a political cause. I'm mad that the FBI droped the buck and nothing being done about that. I'm mad that the liberals in that county hand cuffed the police force for stopping bad kids at school because they said it was social injustice. I'm mad at the liberal Human health and service gave this idiot a pass. I'm mad that liberals like you pass the buck on these sorry government workers that could have stopped this idiot and did nothing. No you can blame the NRA and law abiding citizens but the truth is the blame falls squarely on the liberals and the sorry liberal government that is in charge of that county for not in forcing the existing laws . If the laws that were in place had been followed 17 children would be out having a great weekend with there family. You are wrong conservatives are dame mad this should have never happen. As far as your bla bla bla remark that is all you got because you can not argue with the truth.
My blah blah blah remark stands. You pretend conservatives are the real victims. I'm not interested in that.

What about the 29 calls to the Sheriff in that county? What about the phone calls to the FBI about this idiot from his family. It is available to the public try reading it .if that does not piss you off nothing will. What about the Health and Human services that came to the idiots house and gave him a clean bill of health knowing about all of the above? Yep you Liberals do not want to talk about that because it kills your liberal agenda . Out of respect for the 17 families all take a bunch of high school kids and use them to advance a liberal agenda and ignore the facts that would have stopped this before it happened. Yep another 3500 babies being killed today and you liberals ignore that because that Really does not matter it is ok to kill that way because it is not a gun.

What about the 29 calls to the Sheriff in that county? What about the phone calls to the FBI about this idiot from his family. It is available to the public try reading it .if that does not piss you off nothing will. What about the Health and Human services that came to the idiots house and gave him a clean bill of health knowing about all of the above? Yep you Liberals do not want to talk about that because it kills your liberal agenda . Out of respect for the 17 families all take a bunch of high school kids and use them to advance a liberal agenda and ignore the facts that would have stopped this before it happened. Yep another 3500 babies being killed today and you liberals ignore that because that Really does not matter it is ok to kill that way because it is not a gun.
I think I answered your question already. Pontification on other things really doesn't matter.

I agree with this for the most part but at the same time I tend to hold both sides at fault here. Both parties are too busy pandering to their base on most issues to be able to come up with solutions to important issues. I wish we could just lock both sides in a room and leave them there until they do the job that they were elected to do. We need leaders and statesmen that aren't afraid of making tough decisions instead of the professional politicians that currently run our Country.

My blah blah blah remark stands. You pretend conservatives are the real victims. I'm not interested in that.
And you pretend liberals have all the answers and play the victim card daily all while you bash he Constitution and haven’t done shit for this country!

CD the conversation is bigger than just guns. To your point, I’ll stick to the topic. Clearly, something has changed, or rather much has changed since the days before the Columbine shooting. Prior to that, school shootings were not a threat. Why are there more and more young people willing to kill mass quantities of fellow students?

I don’t have an answer to the problem, but then again is seems no one else does either. Banning something seems like an obvious answer. Frankly, I might be able to get on board with certain types of bans or restrictions, however, I really don’t feel that it will change anything. When we do it and it fails to work, what then will be your answer? More bans? Remember prohibition of alcohol? Didn’t work.

I have listened to suggested solutions from all sides for many years. Most of the people pushing the banning solutions must realize it won’t solve the problem, but say “we have to do something!” Even if it’s something that won’t work. That puzzles me. Or, maybe they are naive enough to actually believe it will work.

New technologies and information sources like the internet will give people the ability to weaponize other objects. Do we just keep banning things?

CD the conversation is bigger than just guns. To your point, I’ll stick to the topic. Clearly, something has changed, or rather much has changed since the days before the Columbine shooting. Prior to that, school shootings were not a threat. Why are there more and more young people willing to kill mass quantities of fellow students?

I don’t have an answer to the problem, but then again is seems no one else does either. Banning something seems like an obvious answer. Frankly, I might be able to get on board with certain types of bans or restrictions, however, I really don’t feel that it will change anything. When we do it and it fails to work, what then will be your answer? More bans? Remember prohibition of alcohol? Didn’t work.

I have listened to suggested solutions from all sides for many years. Most of the people pushing the banning solutions must realize it won’t solve the problem, but say “we have to do something!” Even if it’s something that won’t work. That puzzles me. Or, maybe they are naive enough to actually believe it will work.

New technologies and information sources like the internet will give people the ability to weaponize other objects. Do we just keep banning things?
Think of the “ban” in liberal Chicago the murder capital of the US which we never hear about the murder rate Obama’s “Home town” because that wil make himand his valet dancing hand picked mayor!

Think of the “ban” in liberal Chicago the murder capital of the US which we never hear about the murder rate Obama’s “Home town” because that wil make himand his valet dancing hand picked mayor!
The clever answer provided to explain that is that easy accessible guns from Indiana are the cause. So if we ban all guns in the US won’t they just pour in across our southern border. Won’t Mexico bocome Indiana?

The clever answer provided to explain that is that easy accessible guns from Indiana are the cause. So if we ban all guns in the US won’t they just pour in across our southern border. Won’t Mexico bocome Indiana?
Yet another reason to Build The Wall. It would be quite ironic however if, in 20 years or so, a Russian leader were to tell the President of the USA to tear down that wall.

Good point, they’ll have taco stands in barns up there!

Who got them weapons...they just didn't show up in his hands...the FBI was notified...the police was notified...the school expelled him...hell schools here are locked how did he get in...ban that it didn't work...no really you have to be buzzed in here...they have to see u and only through a locked door...if u have the right credentials u can get in...if not u can't get in....is that the same in FL...if it is that system too failed miserably....

Isnt it amazing a bunch of High School students taking on the members of the Senate & House. Hats off to all the students.
People of ages 15-18 y/o taking charge as adults to confront adults who constantly behave like children.

Isnt it amazing a bunch of High School students taking on the members of the Senate & House. Hats off to all the students.
People of ages 15-18 y/o taking charge as adults to confront adults who constantly behave like children.

They are not taking on anyone.

This was a devastating event where lots of things went wrong.

The lefties will not let a tragedy go without trying to change impact people’s rights under the constitution.

She said that he was a White Supremacist. That's her opinion not a false claim. There is a difference.

Rules for Radicals...

Tell a lie, make it big, tell it so much until it becomes truth just because it is said.

Typical leftie strategy, Jamelle.

No he didn't admit to being a Muslim, he made a mistake or misspoke as if you've never done that before but you want to take this sound bite in which that was clearly the case and twist it to fit your agenda.

Gotta tell you...I have never made a mistake about talking about what faith I belong to.

Never.

It doesn’t slip off my tongue...oh I am a Hindu when talking to someone, nope, always a Christian, just rolls right off the tongue, everytime!

Palma...have you made a mistake like that, ever?

They are not taking on anyone.

This was a devastating event where lots of things went wrong.

The lefties will not let a tragedy go without trying to change impact people’s rights under the constitution.
Marco Rubio was asked by one student "will you continue to accept donations from the NRA?"
We know what the result is.
Where was Gov Rick Scott?
Where was NRA president Wayne LaPierre? Attending a meeting with CPAC. THERE YOU GO!

Rules for Radicals...

Tell a lie, make it big, tell it so much until it becomes truth just because it is said.

Typical leftie strategy, Jamelle.
Tell a lie, make it big??? Immediately after Congressman Scalise was shot a member of the GOP caucus said
"this is not a gun issue." Doesn't get any bigger than that.

They are not taken charge they are being used because of a tragedy that was caused by government dropping the ball. You Liberals that is all you got high school kids that know no better. To script them to call conservatives murders and blame a gun instead of the idiot that got by our idiot liberal government officials and killed 17 people shame on liberals. If high school children are so smart and wise why do they need parents. Liberals should be ashamed of using a tragedy like this and taken advantage of young children in shock. 29 times the liberal Sheriff in this county got calls about this idiot did nothing. The FBI got called about this idiot by family members another government failure. Go read the call to the FBI it has been released to the public . It will make you sick. But no liberals ignore all this ignore that if one person working for the government had done there job this would have never happen. Yep 15 year olds taken charge that is the plan by liberals how proud all can be. The truth . Laws were in place to stop this mental animal and not one was followed by the government.

They are not taken charge they are being used because of a tragedy that was caused by government dropping the ball. You Liberals that is all you got high school kids that know no better. To script them to call conservatives murders and blame a gun instead of the idiot that got by our idiot liberal government officials and killed 17 people shame on liberals. If high school children are so smart and wise why do they need parents. Liberals should be ashamed of using a tragedy like this and taken advantage of young children in shock. 29 times the liberal Sheriff in this county got calls about this idiot did nothing. The FBI got called about this idiot by family members another government failure. Go read the call to the FBI it has been released to the public . It will make you sick. But no liberals ignore all this ignore that if one person working for the government had done there job this would have never happen. Yep 15 year olds taken charge that is the plan by liberals how proud all can be. The truth . Laws were in place to stop this mental animal and not one was followed by the government.
And conservatives continue to REACH at every turn, every corner, above & beyond.
As Wayne LaPierre, president of the NRA said " to raise the minimum age requirement & pass new gun legislation is a violation of an idividuals right." What happened to the victims rights of tighter gun control???!!!
After denials, delaying, deflecting blame the GOP caucus is reaching in desperation. Is a ten foot pole long enough?
In this case a ten foot pole is the equivalent of a toothpick. Its not even close.

And conservatives continue to REACH at every turn, every corner, above & beyond.
As Wayne LaPierre, president of the NRA said " to raise the minimum age requirement & pass new gun legislation is a violation of an idividuals right." What happened to the victims rights of tighter gun control???!!!
After denials, delaying, deflecting blame the GOP caucus is reaching in desperation. Is a ten foot pole long enough?
In this case a ten foot pole is the equivalent of a toothpick. Its not even close.

Rush to take the rights away from law abiding citizens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT