ADVERTISEMENT

RACEISM

I guess we have to determine what you consider rare. Facts are last year 235 black individuals were killed by police. Let’s say for the sake of argument half of those were unwarranted (which i highly doubt) thats 117.5 (maybe they wounded one guy) lol) Now let’s look at another number. About 40% of the combined police forces in the US are black. So let’s say that 40% of those unwarranted killings was by a black officer. So now we’re at about 77 blacks killed unjustly by white, Latino or Asian officers. When you consider that there are tens of thousands interactions everyday between police and the public then to me 77 is rare. Now that being said even ONE unjust killing is too many but stop making this a race issue. George Floyd was killed by an asshole cop who should have never been allowed to wear a uniform and obviously has serious issues and should go to jail. But the overreaching that is happening is beyond ridiculous.

No, it isn't overreaching....and it is not ridiculous because you simply have decided that it is.

Blacks are 2.5 more likely to be killed by the police at 13% of the population. This is not a coincidence and 7 times more likely in Minneapolis. Stop putting your head in the sand. Stop pulling the cover over your head. It's not rare....and it is happening at an exceedingly high level in some areas.

If we protest peacefully with a knee that is being disrespectful? There is no winning for Black people in America. You can peacefully protest and lose your job....and you can loot and Riot then you are an animal. Meantime this problem is not solved.

I am with Ice Cube the rapper The time has come to stop talking. The time now is for action. NO MORE TALK!

How about Tony Timpa? He wailed and pleaded for help more than 30 times as police pinned his shoulders, knees, and neck to the ground and said, "You're going to kill me," right before they did. As he was laying dead on the ground they were cracking jokes. Daniel Shaver? He was shot as he was crawling on his knees towards the cops while begging for his life. Of course there are many more but for some reason they don't make the national news headlines 24/7 when they occur.

You gave me 2 but I've posted many more. If you feel White people are being unjustly killed by the police start your own WLM. I will support you.

Highlight: @readdanwrite asks @drewbrees what the star NFL quarterback thinks about "players kneeling again when the NFL season starts."@drewbrees: “I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country.”

Drew Brees must be racist too. Damn and i thought he was a real good christian white boy.

lol....Drew Brees isn't my daddy. He is a football player with an opinion. So what? LeBron James disagrees and he is a basketball player. I don't see you posting what he has to say about it.

Let's put an end to the 450 black on black murders in Chicago every year. One city alone, one, has more black on black murders in a year than white cops killing black civilians in the entire country each year. But again, it's about the narrative. So many examples. Linda Blasey Ford is credible. The woman who came out about Biden is not. And on and on.

I agree completely. Which is what I’m saying people need to stop making this a race issue. And an issue of weeding out people that should not be cops. And when they do violate the law arrest and prosecute them.
Stop making it a race issue? IT IS A RACE ISSUE? How many white people do you see getting choked out while in handcuffs like that? You are being willfully ignorant.

Highlight: @readdanwrite asks @drewbrees what the star NFL quarterback thinks about "players kneeling again when the NFL season starts."@drewbrees: “I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country.”

Drew Brees must be racist too. Damn and i thought he was a real good christian white boy.
He's not racist just misinformed.

Reactions: zackbear
Let's put an end to the 450 black on black murders in Chicago every year. One city alone, one, has more black on black murders in a year than white cops killing black civilians in the entire country each year. But again, it's about the narrative. So many examples. Linda Blasey Ford is credible. The woman who came out about Biden is not. And on and on.
If you really want to end the nonsense, put fathers back in homes and focus on family building. This will take generations to fix but it will fix the problem.

No, it isn't overreaching....and it is not ridiculous because you simply have decided that it is.

Blacks are 2.5 more likely to be killed by the police at 13% of the population. This is not a coincidence and 7 times more likely in Minneapolis. Stop putting your head in the sand. Stop pulling the cover over your head. It's not rare....and it is happening at an exceedingly high level in some areas.

If we protest peacefully with a knee that is being disrespectful? There is no winning for Black people in America. You can peacefully protest and lose your job....and you can loot and Riot then you are an animal. Meantime this problem is not solved.

I am with Ice Cube the rapper The time has come to stop talking. The time now is for action. NO MORE TALK!
Yes but have you ever considered the correlation between the chance of being killed by police and engaging in violent criminal acts. According to DOJ in 2019....percentage of all homicides committed by blacks 54%....percentage of all Robberies...61%. Rapes...51%. Gun crimes total 60.4%. And again like YOU said at only about 13% of the population. So those numbers are absolutely correlated

If you really want to end the nonsense, put fathers back in homes and focus on family building. This will take generations to fix but it will fix the problem.

True. But isn't that like saying "just pull all the teeth out of the alligator's mouth if you don't want to get bit" ? Or like trying to "turn the Titanic by pushing it" ?

I agree completely. Which is what I’m saying people need to stop making this a race issue. And an issue of weeding out people that should not be cops. And when they do violate the law arrest and prosecute them.
This is the part where you and I differ. This is a race issue in that more AA's are being victimized by these rogue cops, Black or White.

Stop making it a race issue? IT IS A RACE ISSUE? How many white people do you see getting choked out while in handcuffs like that? You are being willfully ignorant.
And it’s only a race issue because people like YOU make it one. Instead of trying to put a stop to the over 7000 murders every year by blacks against blacks. You focus on something that occurs tarely. And why because white cops are an easy target and that way you don’t have to blame the people themselves.

You gave me 2 but I've posted many more. If you feel White people are being unjustly killed by the police start your own WLM. I will support you.
You know there are many more, I'm just not going to sit here all day looking for you. Do you honestly feel there are no whites unjustly killed? Watch the video of Mr Shaver's last few minutes on this earth and tell me his fear of dying was any less than George Floyd's.

Yes but have you ever considered the correlation between the chance of being killed by police and engaging in violent criminal acts. According to DOJ in 2019....percentage of all homicides committed by blacks 54%....percentage of all Robberies...61%. Rapes...51%. Gun crimes total 60.4%. And again like YOU said at only about 13% of the population. So those numbers are absolutely correlated
Please tell me the violent crimes any of these black individuals unlawfully murdered were a part of committing? I'll wait. Because I saw a man face down on the pavement In cuffs being murdered. A couple weeks earlier I saw a man jogging get jumped while another video taped it. I could go on an on but what were any of these people doing in the way of violent crimes?

Please tell me the violent crimes any of these black individuals unlawfully murdered were a part of committing? I'll wait. Because I saw a man face down on the pavement In cuffs being murdered. A couple weeks earlier I saw a man jogging get jumped while another video taped it. I could go on an on but what were any of these people doing in the way of violent crimes?
I think we’re having two different conversations. My point is not to defend bad policing it’s to highlight that it happens to everyone black white Asian etc and no one has the right to corner the market on it simply because of the color of their skin. Just like we expect cops not to do the same with suspected criminals etc

You know there are many more, I'm just not going to sit here all day looking for you. Do you honestly feel there are no whites unjustly killed? Watch the video of Mr Shaver's last few minutes on this earth and tell me his fear of dying was any less than George Floyd's.

Do you honestly believe more Whites are being unjustly killed by cops than AA's?

Lets start with eliminating choke holds. Lets remove military style weapons from local law enforcement agencies. Lets stop firing a cop in one department who is then hired in another. Lets eliminate the code of silence.

Do you honestly believe more Whites are being unjustly killed by cops than AA's?
Seeing as how more whites are killed by police than blacks each year it would be foolish to think that all those white people are being "justly" killed.

I think we’re having two different conversations. My point is not to defend bad policing it’s to highlight that it happens to everyone black white Asian etc and no one has the right to corner the market on it simply because of the color of their skin. Just like we expect cops not to do the same with suspected criminals etc
No we are not...I just took your explanation for my statistics and asked who got killed committing violent crimes?

Provide us facts to support your premise.
There were 9 unarmed blacks killed by police in 2019 compared to 19 unarmed whites according to the DOJ. Simple math would give you your answer. This is a law enforcement issue not a racial one.

Lets start with eliminating choke holds. Lets remove military style weapons from local law enforcement agencies. Lets stop firing a cop in one department who is then hired in another. Lets eliminate the code of silence.
Choke holds. I say keep them as they are a valuable technique in subduing especially larger suspects, but institute a rule where the perp can "tap out". Remove military weapons from cops? No way!!! How can you control a mob with pop guns? Hell no! Fired cops. I say they get one more chance at a different agency. Fired twice and you are no longer a cop anywhere. Code of silence? I am sure it exists amongst SOME cops. Not near the majority. But how do you get rid of that?????

Reactions: gchaneyjr
And it’s only a race issue because people like YOU make it one. Instead of trying to put a stop to the over 7000 murders every year by blacks against blacks. You focus on something that occurs tarely. And why because white cops are an easy target and that way you don’t have to blame the people themselves.
I make it one because it is one. Which is why you can't answer my question. If there are 7000 you can't name any....so I am not the one making race an issue...these cops are no?

So...you can pretend every thing is perfect as long as you or your race is not affected. You can pretend racism is just made up in the minds of blacks or even whites....but you are literally hundreds of years late to the game.

I make it one because it is one. Which is why you can't answer my question. If there are 7000 you can't name any....so I am not the one making race an issue...these cops are no?

So...you can pretend every thing is perfect as long as you or your race is not affected. You can pretend racism is just made up in the minds of blacks or even whites....but you are literally hundreds of years late to the game.
No you’re an apologist. And I’m not even sure what you’re saying or what your question is. If there are 7000 there isn’t one? What does that even mean? And no I don’t think the overwhelming vast majority of cops are racist. I thing Chauvin would have kneeled in that guys neck regardless of him being black white etc because HE as an individual was not right for the job.

Reactions: GLFSTRM
No you’re an apologist. And I’m not even sure what you’re saying or what your question is. If there are 7000 there isn’t one? What does that even mean? And no I don’t think the overwhelming vast majority of cops are racist. I thing Chauvin would have kneeled in that guys neck regardless of him being black white etc because HE as an individual was not right for the job.

You can't say what he "would have" done if Floyd were white. Stop just making shit up because I deal in facts.... not some agenda based nonsense I guess at.

You can't say what he "would have" done if Floyd were black. Stop just making shit up because I deal in facts.... not some agenda based nonsense I guess at.
Facts like Trump caused the economy to tank, Trump killed over 100,000 people, colluded with russia etc etc. Your facts you learned when you were liberalized in college. Check out CNN 3 weeks ago and all you saw was social distancing, look at this beach, how could these people do this. Havent said a ****ing work about social distancing during protests. If that dont ****ing hit you in the head with a rock nothing ever will.

first off how is eliminating military type weapons assisting with any issues at all? And here is why we need them...

any questions there? No? Didn’t think so.

Every agency has different hiring policies. There isn’t a uniform code across the country. It does need to be addressed and I agree. Smaller agencies who have a hard time paying as much as a larger agency often will overlook things because they can’t fill vacancies. Totally disagree with that!

There is no code of silence. Never has been.

Facts like Trump caused the economy to tank, Trump killed over 100,000 people, colluded with russia etc etc. Your facts you learned when you were liberalized in college. Check out CNN 3 weeks ago and all you saw was social distancing, look at this beach, how could these people do this. Havent said a ****ing work about social distancing during protests. If that dont ****ing hit you in the head with a rock nothing ever will.
All based on the "fact" Trump ignored his intelligence briefings....and warnings from Obama, Biden, Bill Gates and others for months. Only an idiot doesn't see this.

You can't say what he "would have" done if Floyd were white. Stop just making shit up because I deal in facts.... not some agenda based nonsense I guess at.
You deal in facts huh? Right. You’re a typical liberal apologist who likes to blame everyone else for their issues. Then when anyone cites real facts as I did earlier you accuse them of being racist. You’re actually the worst kind of person because you’re not even aware of your own stupidity

You deal in facts huh? Right. You’re a typical liberal apologist who likes to blame everyone else for their issues. Then when anyone cites real facts as I did earlier you accuse them of being racist. You’re actually the worst kind of person because you’re not even aware of your own stupidity
Nah, I just blame who is responsible. I am your worst nightmare against your war on facts!

We are affected as more whites are killed by police than blacks. So you can pretend that it only happens to blacks but once again, facts prove you wrong.

Reactions: utatem and zackbear
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT