ADVERTISEMENT

This taking a knee during the National Anthem, can we put it on pause for 9/11

adanthony13

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2009
Come on. The one Fing day we should all stand and show respect to the flag is 9/11. If you cant see that because you want to bring attention to yourself in the name of a cause, I cant help you. Its very selfish and disrespectful to the victims of that day and to the men and women who have given their lives to protect us.

Off the soap box.

Come on. The one Fing day we should all stand and show respect to the flag is 9/11. If you cant see that because you want to bring attention to yourself in the name of a cause, I cant help you. Its very selfish and disrespectful to the victims of that day and to the men and women who have given their lives to protect us.

Off the soap box.

No way dude! Apparently, and in a lot of people's minds, this is bigger than 9/11.

Off the soap box.

Did you say respect to the flag? You heard the president say he was proud how Kapernick or whatever his f@&$!ng name is for what he stood for. So there you have it, respect?

Uncle buried in Arlington Cemetery , dad in Bushnell, I know why people are offended.
For sure, also it is flat out stupid. Why not boycott and picket in front of all Burger King resteraunts? The nation anthem speaks not about the police force. The national anthem is about the military. Those great men and women deserve everyone's respect.

National anthem was created by a slave owner. Also, the national anthem is very racist (read the part about slaves going to their graves) ... if u dont know the whole national anthem pls don't respond to my post. I was in Iraq twice with the 82nd airborne In 2003-2004. It was all about the oil... the Bush admin made 9/11 happen so we can have a reason to invade Iraq. Not everybody follows blindly, Collin does not follow blindly. Last thing, the anthem was never played in sporting event. In the early 1900 the chicago cubs had horrible attendance. In the 7th inning they decided to play the anthem, the crowd loved it. So to bring ppl to the park they started playing the anthem as a marketing tool. Their attendance was better after that.
This kneeling down for the anthem is no about the military or the flag. It's about how this nation handles police brutality. Put the past behind u (9/11) and think about the problems that we have infront of us.

I think that there are really two issues. One is- okay we know you HAVE the Constituonal Right to protest, etc.... and that should be protected and honored. But...

That second issue...? My pappa always told me "time and place" for everyrhing. lol... Have common sense about time and place for who you are, who you want to be, and how you want to be it...

Maybe all these players would do themselves a little more good from a pure practical standpoint and back off on this stuff and pick different times and locations. They don't have to- maybe it's the smarter thing though, from a practical standpoint. Just food for thought.

Reactions: King_Cane
National anthem was created by a slave owner. Also, the national anthem is very racist (read the part about slaves going to their graves) ... if u dont know the whole national anthem pls don't respond to my post. I was in Iraq twice with the 82nd airborne In 2003-2004. It was all about the oil... the Bush admin made 9/11 happen so we can have a reason to invade Iraq. Not everybody follows blindly, Collin does not follow blindly. Last thing, the anthem was never played in sporting event. In the early 1900 the chicago cubs had horrible attendance. In the 7th inning they decided to play the anthem, the crowd loved it. So to bring ppl to the park they started playing the anthem as a marketing tool. Their attendance was better after that.
This kneeling down for the anthem is no about the military or the flag. It's about how this nation handles police brutality. Put the past behind u (9/11) and think about the problems that we have infront of us.
Do you banish the ice cream man from your neighborhood and stop your kids from dancing to the tune?

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswi...am-truck-song-we-have-unpleasant-news-for-you

Understand what you are saying Rob, but I have lost family in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. I do take what he is doing personal.
I agree. My comments were directed at the other comment asking who cared and didn't know why people were upset. I asked why people care about why Krapenick is upset. Most don't even know.

Just giving u an example that's all. Like i said in a prior comment, this is not about the military nor about 911... It's about police brutality and the way this country handles it.

Reactions: Uswagpak
Colin Kaepernick is a mindless idiot, so I paid him no attention. But when that hottie Megan Rapinoe took her stance, now I'm a believer.

Bush made 9/11 happen... Wow..

He spoke at SMU while I was there because Laura is an alum from SMU. Gave everyone a hello, handshake, and hello. He was so nice- shy, almost. The man has an incredible heart and I am forever greatful he was President when that terrible tragedy happened 15 years ago

Im a veteran that deployed to Iraq and served my time in theCcorps. Still don't get why you or anyone would be offended. Let me guess you have no issues with Trump bashing the country and saying he is going to make it great again though right?

Still waiting on Gitmo to get closed day 1 in office aren’t we??? Still waiting on him shutting down the NSA aren’t we??? Gave them steroids....Still waiting to keep our insurance aren’t we??? Mine doubled in 2 years once the bullshit became law... Then the plan I had for the previous 8 years was no longer being offered...

Last edited:

Thanks for your service, if you did in fact serve. Love the comment about how the "Bush administration made 9/11 happen". Not terrorists mind you but the Bush Administration! Somebody just went full retard. I bet you think they shot down the plane over Pennsylvania, that there were bombs in the trade centers, and that a missile hit the Pentagon.

Still waiting on Gitmo to get closed day 1 in office aren’t we??? Still waiting on him shutting down the NSA aren’t we??? Gave them steroids....Still waiting to keep our insurance aren’t we??? Mine doubled in 2 years once the bullshit became law... Then the plan I had for the previous 8 years was no long being offered...
Are you drunk?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT