ADVERTISEMENT

This taking a knee during the National Anthem, can we put it on pause for 9/11

National anthem was created by a slave owner. Also, the national anthem is very racist (read the part about slaves going to their graves) ... if u dont know the whole national anthem pls don't respond to my post. I was in Iraq twice with the 82nd airborne In 2003-2004. It was all about the oil... the Bush admin made 9/11 happen so we can have a reason to invade Iraq. Not everybody follows blindly, Collin does not follow blindly. Last thing, the anthem was never played in sporting event. In the early 1900 the chicago cubs had horrible attendance. In the 7th inning they decided to play the anthem, the crowd loved it. So to bring ppl to the park they started playing the anthem as a marketing tool. Their attendance was better after that.
This kneeling down for the anthem is no about the military or the flag. It's about how this nation handles police brutality. Put the past behind u (9/11) and think about the problems that we have infront of us.

I served in Iraq on many occasions. I understand the dissent about going to Iraq. I understand the protest about police brutality. BUT, this is one day where WE REMEMBER. You want people to look forward but are real quick to bring up these facts of our past to support your agenda now. No country is perfect and as ADM McCraven said in a letter to "Those that believe the flag represents oppression should remember all the Americans who fought to eliminate bigotry, racism, sexism, imperialism, communism, and terrorism" If you cant show respect for those things that are suppose to symbolize what is right about this country, why should anyone respect your opinion or your cause?
You should honor your past and work to improve your future.

Thanks for your service, if you did in fact serve. Love the comment about how the "Bush administration made 9/11 happen". Not terrorists mind you but the Bush Administration! Somebody just went full retard. I bet you think they shot down the plane over Pennsylvania, that there were bombs in the trade centers, and that a missile hit the Pentagon.
Short answer? Yes

Reactions: Uswagpak
Im a veteran that deployed to Iraq and served my time in theCcorps. Still don't get why you or anyone would be offended. Let me guess you have no issues with Trump bashing the country and saying he is going to make it great again though right?
Not trying to be disrespectful to you, I just don't see where you're coming from, and I don't think Kapernick and Trumps actions are on the same level.

He spoke at SMU while I was there because Laura is an alum from SMU. Gave everyone a hello, handshake, and hello. He was so nice- shy, almost. The man has an incredible heart and I am forever greatful he was President when that terrible tragedy happened 15 years ago
Would Obama have apologized for 9/11?

I served in Iraq on many occasions. I understand the dissent about going to Iraq. I understand the protest about police brutality. BUT, this is one day where WE REMEMBER. You want people to look forward but are real quick to bring up these facts of our past to support your agenda now. No country is perfect and as ADM McCraven said in a letter to "Those that believe the flag represents oppression should remember all the Americans who fought to eliminate bigotry, racism, sexism, imperialism, communism, and terrorism" If you cant show respect for those things that are suppose to symbolize what is right about this country, why should anyone respect your opinion or your cause?
You should honor your past and work to improve your future.

I dont need anyone to respect my opinion. I know i don't have the popular view on this thread. Instead of thinking bout the past, let's solve the real problem we have here right now.. what's done is done. Let's focus on why he is kneeling. Let's talk about that. Let's talk about police getting paid leave after committing murder. That's whats imlortant.

Now it's all about bringing attention to themselves. What is taking a knee gonna change, absolutely nothing. I do not have a problem with anyone protesting but that is their place of employment and no one should protest at there job unless protest the job. Kneel or sit all you want but keep why your doing it to yourself. Go Kneel or sit in thone oppressed neighborhoods and help change lives rather thanot doing it on the football sideline.

I dont need anyone to respect my opinion. I know i don't have the popular view on this thread. Instead of thinking bout the past, let's solve the real problem we have here right now.. what's done is done. Let's focus on why he is kneeling. Let's talk about that. Let's talk about police getting paid leave after committing murder. That's whats imlortant.

One of the reasons he kneels is because he's never been a cop.

Like I said dude, full retard!! You are Charlie Sheen. Ya know South Park did a great episode regarding people like you. Perhaps you can hire the "Hardly Boys" to confirm it was the Bush administration? Enjoy Hillary!!
No need for insults.. they dont validate ur statements. If u dont like what I said then ignore me.

Reactions: Azar and Uswagpak
Not trying to be disrespectful to you, I just don't see where you're coming from, and I don't think Kapernick and Trumps actions are on the same level.
I don't see how's it's not on the same level. The same people bitching are the same ones swallowing every statement that he makes bashing the country. They are also the same ones that bitch about sjw's and whiney libs. The hypocrisy is embarrassing. All the fake outrage is a joke. Who gives a shit if he kneels, sits, or burns the flag. What does that even mean? It's his right to do so long as it doesn't affect my life. There are far more important issues that this country has than some athletes not standing for the anthem.

So Gary, I'm going to go out on a limb and say this post is to controversial for canesport. But let's see how long you let it last...

Reactions: Cane1010
I don't see how's it's not on the same level. The same people bitching are the same ones swallowing every statement that he makes bashing the country. They are also the same ones that bitch about sjw's and whiney libs. The hypocrisy is embarrassing. All the fake outrage is a joke. Who gives a shit if he kneels, sits, or burns the flag. What does that even mean? It's his right to do so long as it doesn't affect my life. There are far more important issues that this country has than some athletes not standing for the anthem.
Let's just say we're miles apart, and leave it at that.

Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU
Funny, I think insults are warrented towards you for beliving Bush didn't have a hand in this. Actually I almost pitty ur blindness.

Like South Park said 25% of Americans are retarded. You = retarded! Enjoy your bitterness. Maybe one day when you need a cop he/she won't be there. Oh well.....

For what? Why don't they just not go to work and not get paid? Go on strike in mass.
Because the point is for ppl like yoy to see them kneeling and spark a conversation. If they don't go to work, they can't protest.

Reactions: Uswagpak
National anthem was created by a slave owner. Also, the national anthem is very racist (read the part about slaves going to their graves) ... if u dont know the whole national anthem pls don't respond to my post. I was in Iraq twice with the 82nd airborne In 2003-2004. It was all about the oil... the Bush admin made 9/11 happen so we can have a reason to invade Iraq. Not everybody follows blindly, Collin does not follow blindly. Last thing, the anthem was never played in sporting event. In the early 1900 the chicago cubs had horrible attendance. In the 7th inning they decided to play the anthem, the crowd loved it. So to bring ppl to the park they started playing the anthem as a marketing tool. Their attendance was better after that.
This kneeling down for the anthem is no about the military or the flag. It's about how this nation handles police brutality. Put the past behind u (9/11) and think about the problems that we have infront of us.
Exactly.. any black person with an ounce of pride would never acknowledge this racist a** anthem. It's funny that people on this board are actually offended that black people won't acknowledge a slave owner's song talking about putting our ancestors in a grave. Some people never cease to amaze me.

Like South Park said 25% of Americans are retarded. You = retarded! Enjoy your bitterness. Maybe one day when you need a cop he/she won't be there. Oh well.....
Retard huh? Maybe u should get up from ur comfy couch in ur comfy bed and serve ur country so this retard doesn't have to. Can't belive I defended ppl like you. Smh. Not a proud moment.

Because the point is for ppl like yoy to see them kneeling and spark a conversation. If they don't go to work, they can't protest.
What? No, some of these spoiled athletes (and entertainers) are fvcking dopes speaking out of their area of expertise, and they want their cake and eat it too. The bottom line is they want to get paid and won't sacrifice the dolla dolla bill. Walking out in mass causing a strike would cause a stop work and generate a greater discussion when games get cancelled or postponed. One or two dudes doing it is just douchebaggery. I was pissed when Bush caused 9/11 and postponed an entire week of NFL games. His plan backfired.

I know he said he respected his right to do it, don't think he said proud.
You have
If you want to draw attention to a real problem..protest in the correct way..don't disrespect the country and military. Overall..even with its warts..wouldn't want to live in any other country. Look at the oppression, disregard for human and social rights in Kuntprenicks girlfriend's homeland
It's funny how no one has mentioned why he is kneeling in the first place. Smh.. This is the exact issue
The issue is that he's trying to draw attention to a legitimate issue in a way that disrespects our country and military. Even with its warts..nowhere else I'd rather live. Tell me another country that has more freedoms, religious, freedom of speech or otherwise than the US. Not perfect by any means, but I don't see his girlfriend taking a knee to protest all the injustices in the countries she defends.

Retard huh? Maybe u should get up from ur comfy couch in ur comfy bed and serve ur country so this retard doesn't have to. Can't belive I defended ppl like you. Smh. Not a proud moment.

If in fact you did! And if you did I said thank you. But apparently you only served "our country" for people who agree with everything you believe. Congrats dude!!

Isn’t that where it’s happening?? Yes or no??
I can't speak for others, but not with me. I never put my hand over my heart or do anything silly or gay like that. And I have shed blood overseas for this country. So does that make less American?

Reactions: Azar
You have

If you want to draw attention to a real problem..protest in the correct way..don't disrespect the country and military. Overall..even with its warts..wouldn't want to live in any other country. Look at the oppression, disregard for human and social rights in Kuntprenicks girlfriend's homeland

The issue is that he's trying to draw attention to a legitimate issue in a way that disrespects our country and military. Even with its warts..nowhere else I'd rather live. Tell me another country that has more freedoms, religious, freedom of speech or otherwise than the US. Not perfect by any means, but I don't see his girlfriend taking a knee to protest all the injustices in the countries she defends.
Ding ding.

You have

It's not about the flag nor military. He said he supports the military. He is talking about cops killing the innocent. That's what we need to talk about. Not political parties or the military.

It's not about the flag nor military. He said he supports the military. He is talking about cops killing the innocent. That's what we need to talk about. Not political parties or the military.

It’s about cops having to enforce stupid fukn laws like in NYC,,,,,,,,Hey, go down there and arrest that man for selling loosies....Shit.. Then it turns bad....

He didnt disrespect it. He just doesn't agree with the country. Shit, I dont agree with it. I think the anthem need to be re-written. Disrespecting and disagreeing are two different things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT