ADVERTISEMENT

A little reading material for the board libs

Trump operates really not much different than a Muslim Extremist. Through peoples greatest fears. That's why he is getting his base all riled up on things like these immigrants are bringing drugs, gang members that rape and kill etc. He has painted the picture these people are animals as a whole. The reality is much different. These are just people looking for a better life for their family. Yes there are some that are coming to break the law. I am not naive. Just like when people came to ellis island. Many came and then broke the law as there weren't the same opportunities. Started gangs and ran drugs and mafia etc. That is not a high enough of a percentage to say that is the case with all immigrants.

We can’t afford both. In the meantime, if families are seeking asylum together, we should keep them together until that process plays out. At least the mothers and the children. The fathers can be the “representative” for the family. If they’re locked up or put into poor conditions, so be it. In my opinion, that’s their burden to bear on behalf of their family.

Bull shit on not being able to afford both. How many billions did we give to iran in cash again? How many trillions has the previous two admins pissed away? Just stop pissing away tax dollars and you’d be amazed at exactly just how much we actually can afford to do the things we want. There literally should not be one single public school with infrastructure issues in this country just from
a minut percentage of sales tax generatated alone.

Reactions: HurricaneBlaze
Trump operates really not much different than a Muslim Extremist. Through peoples greatest fears. That's why he is getting his base all riled up on things like these immigrants are bringing drugs, gang members that rape and kill etc. He has painted the picture these people are animals as a whole. The reality is much different. These are just people looking for a better life for their family. Yes there are some that are coming to break the law. I am not naive. Just like when people came to ellis island. Many came and then broke the law as there weren't the same opportunities. Started gangs and ran drugs and mafia etc. That is not a high enough of a percentage to say that is the case with all immigrants.

No you are confused .. the ACTUAL Muslim Extremist was the "Iran Funding" Barack Hussein Obama.

No you are confused .. the ACTUAL Muslim Extremist was the "Iran Funding" Barack Hussein Obama.
No....you are confused. As the vast majority of the right wing. You don't fund someone by giving them back their own money. Kind of like.... Trump doesn't fund anyone but himself and his family with his charities.

I lean left, which means I’m more likely to bring morality into the equation. Laws do not equal morality. Is it moral to separate children from their parents while the family seeks asylum?

Back up! Because you lean left you bring morality into the equation.

Are you serious?

Reactions: FlatlandCane
No....you are confused. As the vast majority of the right wing. You don't fund someone by giving them back their own money. Kind of like.... Trump doesn't fund anyone but himself and his family with his charities.

It is not a robbers money when he robs a bank.

It is not the mullahs money because they took it from their people.

They are dictators their people are starving.

How’s that hate and pride working for you? Still miserable I read. You found your purpose yet? Asking for a friend.

Reactions: BreakingCane
Bull shit on not being able to afford both. How many billions did we give to iran in cash again? How many trillions has the previous two admins pissed away? Just stop pissing away tax dollars and you’d be amazed at exactly just how much we actually can afford to do the things we want. There literally should not be one single public school with infrastructure issues in this country just from
a minut percentage of sales tax generatated alone.

1) the Iran cash was their money that we had frozen, and then gave back to them. It’s not like it was money that we had raised through taxes. It’s completely irrelevant to your point.

2) the Wall will be a colossal waste of money that will not deter immigration one bit.

3) Sales Tax is a state tax

4) unless more companies like Dominos and Salesforce start solving infrastructure problems, it’s totally reliant on taxes. I personally believe in higher taxes, because I believe that our society lacks a level of social solidarity that then allows for crumbling infrastructure.

A common complaint of liberals or those leaning left politically is that they make everything a moral issue. So yes.
lol....I just wish the Right had just a little bit of Morales. I mean really. It's gotten out of hand from the party of family values. That's what they try to brand themselves but so far I don't see it. Not having affordable health care solutions, Kids getting ripped from their mothers, and paying off whores in hush money is not the values of any real family I know.

The fifth paragraph is literally what I said: it’s a Trump policy. My whole issue is that Trump acts like it’s some concrete law that he has to enforce bc the Dems. Trump and Sessions could change said policy.
It’s not a trump policy. It’s a ice policy that has been in place dolce 1997 under Clinton and nobody has ever changed it.

It’s not a trump policy. It’s a ice policy that has been in place dolce 1997 under Clinton and nobody has ever changed it.
No it is not. It is Trumps policy. It is called a Zero Tolerance Policy....and Trump can change it in 5 minutes.

Ok. So they’re killing themselves down there. Let them do it. Your hypothetical of 11 year old murderous MS-13 sleeper cells is ridiculous.
Again, reading comprehension. Never mentioned a sleeper cell. What do you think 11-12 year old murders from gangs do when they are 15-16 and cross our border? You are an example of a naive person and are the reason we have seen a rise in MS-13 crossing our borders and related violence .

From your article:

“It’s the last that is operative here. The past practice had been to give a free pass to an adult who is part of a family unit. The new Trump policy is to prosecute all adults. The idea is to send a signal that we are serious about our laws and to create a deterrent against re-entry. (Illegal entry is a misdemeanor, illegal re-entry a felony.)”

Later in the article:

“Where it becomes much more of an issue is if the adult files an asylum claim. In that scenario, the adults are almost certainly going to be detained longer than the government is allowed to hold their children.”

It is a Trump policy to implement no tolerance. When families are seeking asylum, the children are taken away from their families for a longer period of time bc Asylum takes awhile. Bc were not releasing the parents, the fate of the children is left up in the air. Again, my whole point is that it is a complex, kind of f-ed up situation, that is not being solved Bc Trump wants Dems to cave and agree to his wall.

Reactions: cdwright40
Ok. So they’re killing themselves down there. Let them do it. Your hypothetical of 11 year old murderous MS-13 sleeper cells is ridiculous.

No it's not as ridiculous as you might think. Children ARE recruited and used as assassins in many Latin American regions due to laws limiting the prosecution of children. Kids do it in El Salvador and Honduras for cred. You certainly don't want them as immigrants. I lived in Colombia for over 7 years .. I dropped one of my farm supervisors at his home one evening and two hours later he was dead .. murdered in front of his family by a 13 year old kid with a 45.

Again, reading comprehension. Never mentioned a sleeper cell. What do you think 11-12 year old murders from gangs do when they are 15-16 and cross our border? You are an example of a naive person and are the reason we have seen a rise in MS-13 crossing our borders and related violence .

It has nothing to do with my comprehension, you are just not very good at articulating your point. You keep on bringing up muderous 11 and 12 year old MS-13 members like it represents more than 1/10,000th of a percent of our immigration issues. You asked what we should do wit them. I told you my thoughts. I’m not sure what else you want.

No it's not as ridiculous as you might think. Children ARE recruited and used as assassins in many Latin American regions due to laws limiting the prosecution of children. Kids do it in El Salvador and Honduras for cred. You certainly don't want them as immigrants. I lived in Colombia for over 7 years .. I dropped one of my farm supervisors at his home one evening and two hours later he was dead .. murdered in front of his family by a 13 year old kid with a 45.

My wife and in laws are Colombian. Im painfully aware of how bad it is. But the concept that a consequential amount of our immigration problems are by murderous children is ridiculous.

My wife and in laws are Colombian. Im painfully aware of how bad it is. But the concept that a consequential amount of our immigration problems are by murderous children is ridiculous.

He didn't say they were .. he referenced the Salvadoran gangs .. some genuine vetting is in order as opposed to simply let anybody in that wants to claim or some sort of asylum.

immigration / children separation issue predates 1997, at which time the Flores Consent Decree (FCD) was signed. Here is a National Review link:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/illegal-immigration-enforcement-separating-kids-at-border/

Also here is a link talking about what actually happens to these “missing kids” post FCD:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/06/ice-loses-1500-children-myth-shows-media-bias/

@cdwright40 @cems52 @Strack_Cane @Cane919
@Cane_Clyde

Now that this cleared up maybe we can all play nice / or not
Don't waste your time, liberals just deny everything.

He didn't say they were .. he referenced the Salvadoran gangs .. some genuine vetting is in order as opposed to simply let anybody in that wants to claim or some sort of asylum.

Which goes back to my point of articulation. If they are down in El Salvador killing each other, who gives a shit? These children are not even remotely close to a % of the children seeking asylum here. Why would you come to a country that has a heavy police force, when you could stay where you are and live in your gangsters paradise?

From your article:

“It’s the last that is operative here. The past practice had been to give a free pass to an adult who is part of a family unit. The new Trump policy is to prosecute all adults. The idea is to send a signal that we are serious about our laws and to create a deterrent against re-entry. (Illegal entry is a misdemeanor, illegal re-entry a felony.)”

Later in the article:

“Where it becomes much more of an issue is if the adult files an asylum claim. In that scenario, the adults are almost certainly going to be detained longer than the government is allowed to hold their children.”

It is a Trump policy to implement no tolerance. When families are seeking asylum, the children are taken away from their families for a longer period of time bc Asylum takes awhile. Bc were not releasing the parents, the fate of the children is left up in the air. Again, my whole point is that it is a complex, kind of f-ed up situation, that is not being solved Bc Trump wants Dems to cave and agree to his wall.
I've explained this a million times to him. He just doesn't want to accept this fact that the real world is dealing with. This can be stopped in a matter of minutes even if it were an ICE policy which it is not. So, still don't understand what the point is of all this. Because right now the Trump administration is accountable for this problem regardless of what happened in 1997.

It's my understanding that the only kids separated are the border jumpers and the illegals who enter port looking for asylum the family is kept together. Also trumps proposal is to keep the family together so if Chuck and Nancy care about immigrants and care about children they will help pass it.
Dems should not give in to gangsta demands.

Dems should not give in to gangsta demands.
I agree. If you are principled in your beliefs you should not allow a carefully orchestrated war of public opinion to change your beliefs. Dems have already shown that they have no issue with this process, it happened throughout the Obama presidency. The Dems should not cave on their beliefs just to fix a problem that they do not feel exists.

Reactions: FlatlandCane
It has nothing to do with my comprehension, you are just not very good at articulating your point. You keep on bringing up muderous 11 and 12 year old MS-13 members like it represents more than 1/10,000th of a percent of our immigration issues. You asked what we should do wit them. I told you my thoughts. I’m not sure what else you want.
Criminals exploiting loopholes in our “policy” and procedures is the real issue here. 11–12 year old murderous gangbangers, along with terrorists, are one of the many threats crossing our borders illegally. I don’t care if it’s .001% or 1%, any deaths on American soil is enough to stop them all and create a better policy. Wake up!

Reactions: e_cushing
Criminals exploiting loopholes in our “policy” and procedures is the real issue here. 11–12 year old murderous gangbangers, along with terrorists, are one of the many threats crossing our borders illegally. I don’t care if it’s .001% or 1%, any deaths on American soil is enough to stop them all and create a better policy. Wake up!
It's big business in Mexico to sell your children to muderous gang members so that they can cross the border with their family looking for amnesty. The whole thing is a scam.

Wrong!! Obama and W could have had a similar policy but chose not to. This is Trump's policy. Own it!!
You can make up stuff all you want but it doesn’t change the facts of when it was started. And you wanknder why everyone laughs at you guys and calls you hypocrites. This right here is why. Not one ounce of rationality lol.

You can make up stuff all you want but it doesn’t change the facts of when it was started. And you wanknder why everyone laughs at you guys and calls you hypocrites. This right here is why. Not one ounce of rationality lol.

Read. Learn. It's fundamental. Break the hold. Here I will even give you a fox news article on it. Just stop being cucked like this. It's gotta be embarrassing at some point. It says he created the policy as a result of too many illegals crossing lately.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...rance-policy-on-illegal-border-crossings.html

Read. Learn. It's fundamental. Break the hold. Here I will even give you a fox news article on it. Just stop being cucked like this. It's gotta be embarrassing at some point. It says he created the policy as a result of too many illegals crossing lately.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...rance-policy-on-illegal-border-crossings.html
And reading comprehension isn’t your friend or you’d see that there’s a difference in between what the actual poliicy is and has been and actually enforcing it 100% all of the time, h nice the zero tolerance. The policy has been in place since 1997. Obama did nothing about it until 2012 when he then basically told ICE to give everyone who’s caught illegally in the country a court date and to just appear. Many did not appear and just went to a different part of the state so they couldn’t be located that easily.

Also if you ready the actual policy numerous parties spent an avg of 1 day in the court system when they plead guilty to illegally entering the county and then were given credit for time served. They were then brought back with their children and returned to their country.

It’s right there in black and white printed letters which you obviously didn’t read because you’re too busy trying to save face with all of your bullsh#t lies.

Consider yourself checked

Children being brought here, or coming alone was 17,000, in 5 years jumped to 74,000. Half of theses kids don’t belong to the adult. How is it moral to just grab a kid and say “let’s go to America”. This policy will cut down on the real family’s coming. No real parent will risk it. Then all the scum stealing kids or misleading them are what’s left. Deport the whole damn family and build a wall. Problem solved!

And reading comprehension isn’t your friend or you’d see that there’s a difference in between what the actual poliicy is and has been and actually enforcing it 100% all of the time, h nice the zero tolerance. The policy has been in place since 1997. Obama did nothing about it until 2012 when he then basically told ICE to give everyone who’s caught illegally in the country a court date and to just appear. Many did not appear and just went to a different part of the state so they couldn’t be located that easily.

Also if you ready the actual policy numerous parties spent an avg of 1 day in the court system when they plead guilty to illegally entering the county and then were given credit for time served. They were then brought back with their children and returned to their country.

It’s right there in black and white printed letters which you obviously didn’t read because you’re too busy trying to save face with all of your bullsh#t lies.

Oh really? Then it wouldn't be difficult to show me where it says this policy called Zero Tolerance has been in place since 1997 right? Since I don't have reading comprehension and all. Let's see that except in this article please.

Obama has enabled this mess by his catch and release program. Build the wall and we can shut down all of these “camps”! Simple fix

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/9/17190090/catch-release-loopholes-border-immigrants-trump

It is not Obama's catch and release program. Every time you say this you sound like you should not even be a part of the discussion. It's foolish. Someone is showing you that you are wrong, yet you continue to say something that is 100% wrong. Read the link above.

Consider himself cucked!

Reactions: CashvilleCane1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT