ADVERTISEMENT

Al Golden 10 years as a head coach 58-57

bkalish77

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2008
0-3 in bowl games. I will continue to support the players but how anyone can support this joke of a head coach baffles me. No CD, he's not playing chess. Big Al can't even play checkers. He's playing paper, rocks, and scissors.

To the supporters of Golden, I ask based off his garbage career as a Head Coach, where does this optimism and blind faith come from? He has ZERO QUALITY wins as a Head Coach and we have regressed every year in the 2nd half of the season. He doesn't have 1 signature win on his resume in 9 years. He is 0-4 against the Noles and 3-7 against top 25 teams. His 2 biggest wins in 4 years was against #17 OSU in 2011 and #12 UF in 2013. Both of these wins actually turned out to be duds since OSU and UF both finished those years with a losing record. So of the 3 wins against top 25 teams in his career, only 1 team finished the same year ranked.

I know, this is another $hit on Golden thread. Don't reply and keep it moving if you don't like it. I was a big Randy supporter until year 4. It was clear he was wayyy over his head. Al sold me on his 1st presser. I jumped off that bus after the way we finished the year with 4 straight losses.

Call me a hater all you want but at the end of the day, his coaching career here has been pure garbage and the FACTS support this along with his tenure at Temple. He's also too loyal to a fault. No need to have to explain that one. You all know the coaches that have no biz being on this staff after the product we have seen.

I'll continue to go to all the home games as I do every year cheering on our players but I'm done supporting this staff, which ended after this past season. There's a couple I would keep just for recruiting though. Looking forward to seeing which Stud coaches will have interest in about 160 days.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News