ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL Game 3: GT vs UM - Canes win 9-6, take series

AtlantaCane

SuperCane
Sep 7, 2005
Port Orange, Florida
Hello Caniacs...

The Canes won today 9-6 but not before allowing a lot more drama than was needed...

Tech scored 2 in the first inning...we then score the next 9 runs...so we have a 9-2 lead going to the top of the 9th...but our pitching goes south, with the bases loaded and no outs, the Bees plate 4 runs....with 2 on and the tying run at the plate, closer Daniel Federman gets the much-needed K to end the game...we had to have drama...

Zamora and Toral had HRs and the D played much better turning big 3 DPs. We also played errorless ball although I thought we committed an E in 9th. It turns out the GT batter was awarded a hit on the play.i

Final score:
GT 6
UM 9

Final Linescore:
GT 6 12 2
UM 9 10 0

POST-GAME INFO
Game Recap:
Canes Take Series with 9-6 Win Over Georgia Tech (UM Link)
Final: Box Score (UM Link)

Still, too many strikeouts and men left on base:
SO:
UM 12x, GT only 6.
LOB: UM 8, GT 9

We win the series 2-1 to improve to 12-3 (2-1)...GT falls to 10-6 (1-2)...

Up Next: A pair of midweek games has us hosting Jackson State on Tuesday and Wednesday (I thought it was Columbia)., Then we head for Chapel Hill to play the former No. 1 Tar Heels. I say former because they were swept at Clemson this weekend, including a 17-3 shellacking. Thx, Clemson.

Go Canes!
------------------------------------

Good afternoon, Caniacs...

Friday night, we missed beating GT by thismuch when a hard hit ball to deep RF by Raymond Gil with 2 on in the bottom of the 10th fell right in front of the wall. The final was 5-4.

Saturday night, the Canes had a second chance and the Mark Light magic said they were not to be denied.

In the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs and down to his last pitch, SO Freddy Zamora, on a 3-2 count, slugged a two-run walk-off HR over the LF wall to give the Canes a dramatic come-from-behind 6-5 win over the Yellowjackets to even the series at 1-1.

Today is the rubber match. Our win snapped a 4-game losing streak vs GT after they swept us last year in Atlanta and took the series opener on Friday, 5-4 in 10 innings.

STARTING PITCHERS
Miami's Brian Van Belle (2-1, 1.06 ERA) opposite Georgia Tech sophomore LHP Brant Hunter (0-1, 0.69 ERA).

MEDIA INFO
Saturday Night's Recap:
Freddy Zamora's Walk-Off Blast Beats GT, 6-5 (UM Link)
Pre Game Notes: GT vs UM (UM Link)
Live Game Stats: GT vs UM (UM Link)
Watch Game Live: ACCN + NCAA Baseball (Watch ESPN Link)
Listen Game Live: WVUM.org (WVUM.org Link)

I'll be back in a few.

Go Canes!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News