ADVERTISEMENT

China hammers US goods with tariffs as sparks of trade war fly : Stocks Plunge

And BTW I've been to China they are still shitting on the side of the road, literally. Disgusting.

Like I said I think it’s a gamble but I believe President Trump is doing it for our best interest and in the end it may benefit us significantly.

You guys are just dumb. Really dumb. China has been cheating and winning and getting away with stealing for years. The liberal / democrat answer? Lets not upset the apple cart. Lets do nothing. Lets leave it alone. I get you don't like Trump but Trump is not taking these Countries bullshit at our expense anymore. They will come to the table because we are the largest consumer base in the world spending more then any other. Fu*#ing Chicken Little's you are.

Reactions: PalmaBoy
I was listening till you attacked the Coal industry. Your wrong .
nothing wrong with science it will always be the future but it has to be cost efficient.clean energy initiatives are a must but there's room for coal technology also as we move forward. I guess people that work with coal are not skilled laborers. You told on yourself you believe in globalization. China is wanting to be what America has always been and that is the leader of the world by manipulating manufacturing and currency.President Trump has seen how our crooked politicians have sold us out around the world example Bidens and Kerry's sons getting a billion dollar contracts from China. Many Rhino republicans also. I hope Trump exposes all of them. Thank God we have a President that wants America to lead and be the strongest nation in the world and believes in fairness with trade not lopsided trade and first and foremost what's good for Americans.The European Union and China can take second place as far as I'm concerned. I'm American not English not Chinese not Russian not Swedish not Africa, not Saudi Arabia, not anything but American. Do not care what color ,race ,nationality we come from if you are a citizen of America you are American and America must come first.

My point was that coal workers could be retrained into skill laborers for clean energy initiatives. Coal is archaic. Also, of course I’m a globalist as that’s what allowed America to be great. We have lead and been great for over 50+ years since WWII. I’m not sure why you would think otherwise?

Reactions: Raoul2
You guys are just dumb. Really dumb. China has been cheating and winning and getting away with stealing for years. The liberal / democrat answer? Lets not upset the apple cart. Lets do nothing. Lets leave it alone. I get you don't like Trump but Trump is not taking these Countries bullshit at our expense anymore. They will come to the table because we are the largest consumer base in the world spending more then any other. Fu*#ing Chicken Little's you are.
Trump could tell you people to puree his crap in a blender with strawberries and you would just eat it all up like a smoothie huh? We all know about China. We like smart policies that don't start trade wars. This is a stupid policy that starts a trade war and cost everyday people a lot of money. Stop slurping Trump at every opportunity. The way he is going about this is a horrible idea and the vast majority of conservatives even say so.

News flash too. Our country has been robbing people blind too so get off your high horse.

The reason I don’t like Trump is bc I think everything he does is self-interested. That’s how it’s akways been with him and I don’t see why it would change. But im self aware enough to understand that my feelings may obscure my view of the facts.

Of course it begs the question....what do you suggest? Status quo? It’s time our President negotiates on behalf of the American people and stops letting these other nations take advantage of us.

Trump could tell you people to puree his crap in a blender with strawberries and you would just eat it all up like a smoothie huh? We all know about China. We like smart policies that don't start trade wars. This is a stupid policy that starts a trade war and cost everyday people a lot of money. Stop slurping Trump at every opportunity. The way he is going about this is a horrible idea and the vast majority of conservatives even say so.

News flash too. Our country has been robbing people blind too so get off your high horse.

And BTW I've been to China they are still shitting on the side of the road, literally. Disgusting.

Exactly. It’s their shitty standard of living, which allows them to be a manufacturing economy.

Of course it begs the question....what do you suggest? Status quo? It’s time our President negotiates on behalf of the American people and stops letting these other nations take advantage of us.

Here’s a good opinion article about the trade deficit. It’s main point is that a trade war isn’t great, and the main goal should be to compel China to be less protectionist and more open as it will allow all industries and governments to benefit.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/whos-afraid-of-the-big-bad-chinese-trade-deficit/

Last edited:

How do we rob people? Be specific.

Exactly. It’s their standard of living is shitty, which al

Here’s a good opinion article about the trade deficit. It’s main point is that a trade war isn’t great, and the main goal should be to compel China to be less protectionist and more open as it will allow all industries and governments to benefit.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/whos-afraid-of-the-big-bad-chinese-trade-deficit/
didn't read it don't have to. Thats the point of these moves. Same for Mexico, Canada, and Europe. We already struck a deal with South korea.

I’ll take a look tomorrow and hopefully we can discuss it further. Thanks for the discussion.

Exactly. It’s their shitty standard of living, which allows them to be a manufacturing economy.

There's a reason advanced countries generally don't use tariffs - they are counterproductive, economically naive, and almost never work because the entire global system works on a concept called complex interdependence where countries need to trade with one another in order to maintain stable economies. Trump keeps complaining about China ripping us off but he is conveniently omitting the fact that we are vulnerable to China because they own about $1.3 trillion in U.S. debt could easily retaliate against tariffs by selling the debt they are holding.

In the past, there was pressure inside China to punish the US for providing weapons to Taiwan. Ultimately the Chinese held off because they feared it would hurt both Chinese and American economic interests. The fact that Trump has now unilaterally ginned up the tariffs issue means that we could now get into a trade war with China where both economies could get hurt. And before anyone claims China need us more than we need them - that is completely false. Remember, they own 1.3 trillion dollars of our debt and if they decide to cash in, that could do immeasurable damage to our economy that is currently doing well.

How do we rob people? Be specific.

Trump was caught on camera purposely misleading the leader of Canada on Trade. Knowingly not knowing WTF he is talking about and bragging about it. Read!

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/...-trade-surplus-with-canada-not-a-deficit.html

Talking nonsense he is dead wrong about regarding trade with canada because we are in a surplus. Then doubling down on this wrong information!

Let's stop acting like our sh't don't stink when it does. We are not right to do this to our allies and we are dead wrong starting a trade war in this manner. It's not a way to attack the core of the problem but Trump isn't smart enough. He doesn't even know how or where to begin.

There's a reason advanced countries generally don't use tariffs - they are counterproductive, economically naive, and almost never work because the entire global system works on a concept called complex interdependence where countries need to trade with one another in order to maintain stable economies. Trump keeps complaining about China ripping us off but he is conveniently omitting the fact that we are vulnerable to China because they own about $1.3 trillion in U.S. debt could easily retaliate against tariffs by selling the debt they are holding.

In the past, there was pressure inside China to punish the US for providing weapons to Taiwan. Ultimately the Chinese held off because they feared it would hurt both Chinese and American economic interests. The fact that Trump has now unilaterally ginned up the tariffs issue means that we could now get into a trade war with China where both economies could get hurt. And before anyone claims China need us more than we need them - that is completely false. Remember, they own 1.3 trillion dollars of our debt and if they decide to cash in, that could do immeasurable damage to our economy that is currently doing well.
They conveniently forget we are in debt to China. To be honest we could soon need more money from them with this fk up in office. The problem is the disrespect for our allies as we are so deep in debt...and cutting taxes makes it much much worst. They are proud of this so they can get an extra little bit of money in their check. These republicans would trade their soul to the devil not to pay their taxes....failing to realize that pays our bills. Our national debt! The only time they realize it is if Dems were in office.

So, Trumps interest is just to run around bragging to his base about saving rich people from their duty to pay taxes ignoring our countries debt. Anything to have them beat off to his twitter nonsense. He is a bully so he trades on this as the US president for the personal gain he, his rich friends, and his family enjoy.

He uses fox news to decide policy moves.

Last edited:
My point was that coal workers could be retrained into skill laborers for clean energy initiatives. Coal is archaic. Also, of course I’m a globalist as that’s what allowed America to be great. We have lead and been great for over 50+ years since WWII. I’m not sure why you would think otherwise?
Big difference when you lead to be great and when you are taken advantage of because of Globalization . I truly believe no other country should be able to buy our government out by lobbying politicians. I argue with you that we have lead and been great from the time we gain our independence. We made mistakes along the way but no other country like ours . For us to continue to be the leader of the world we have to control our own destiny not The Chinese and European Union. That does not mean we do not trade with them or have a relationship with them . That means we do what is good for Americans. Look not one television is made in America anymore that is shameful. Just one of many examples.Were you are wrong is we have been loosing our American Values over the last 30 years by throwing them out the door while being led by the Globalization party which is the established politicians. Last one to bust it up was Reagan and now it is Trump.

Reactions: HJCane
They conveniently forget we are in debt to China. To be honest we could soon need more money from them with this fk up in office. The problem is the disrespect for our allies as we are so deep in debt...and cutting taxes makes it much much worst. They are proud of this so they can get an extra little bit of money in their check. These republicans would trade their soul to the devil not to pay their taxes....failing to realize that pays our bills. Our national debt! The only time they realize it is if Dems were in office.

So, Trumps interest is just to run around bragging to his base about saving rich people from their duty to pay taxes ignoring our countries debt. Anything to have them beat off to his twitter nonsense. He is a bully so he trades on this as the US president for the personal gain he, his rich friends, and his family enjoy.

He uses fox news to decide policy moves.
China has been a NET seller of our debt over last few years. Still hold a lot but overall have been selling off more then buying our debt.

Big difference when you lead to be great and when you are taken advantage of because of Globalization . I truly believe no other country should be able to buy our government out by lobbying politicians. I argue with you that we have lead and been great from the time we gain our independence. We made mistakes along the way but no other country like ours . For us to continue to be the leader of the world we have to control our own destiny not The Chinese and European Union. That does not mean we do not trade with them or have a relationship with them . That means we do what is good for Americans. Look not one television is made in America anymore that is shameful. Just one of many examples.Were you are wrong is we have been loosing our American Values over the last 30 years by throwing them out the door while being led by the Globalization party which is the established politicians. Last one to bust it up was Reagan and now it is Trump.

I agree with pretty much everything you’re saying. I don’t want our govt bought by outside interests. But why is it shameful that no TVs are made in America? Compared to other consumer products, televisions have depreciated in price significantly. A 65” flat screen costs $1000 today. 5 years ago that same TV would’ve cost you around $5000. Because of Globalization, the American consumer benefits bc they can now have a bigger, nicer TV for less money.

All countries utilize tariffs, stop with the lies and misleading statements. The very phrase “all advanced countries don’t use tariffs” is lie! Plain and simple! The rest of the post is typical Raoul lefty nonsense. You are so uninformed it’s scary.
https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/040115/which-countries-have-highest-tariffs.asp

See Tariff schedule from 2016, which includes all of Europe, Canada and much of Asia. All “advanced countries” so as I’ve stated above it’s clear and obvious Raoul simply made up another story to try and mislead the reader. It’s disturning a Cane would do that to a fellow Cane. However this misleading has become a pattern.

Last edited:
bearhug2.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT