ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis is gonna have to shut the state down

And what will that do? Seriously please tell us what that will do. Do you think that will have any effect on the thousands of parties held yesterday on July 4th or are you saying shutdown and we should all be locked up in our homes like jail. ?
These sick people prefer jail.

Reactions: krvanness
I thought that was Cuomo ? But we are sure you won’t vount all his deaths and cases. You leftist are just freaking nuts and Hippocrates!!!

Cuomo made all the right moves in the face of a lot more cases in his state. He shut the state down, held daily pressers to keep the public in the loop, and followed science and public health experts. DeSantis has literally done the opposite - and as a result NY is opening back up with very few cases per capita right now while DeSantis' incompetence is resulting FL leading the entire planet in new cases at the moment.

Cuomo made all the right moves in the face of a lot more cases in his state. He shut the state down, held daily pressers to keep the public in the loop, and followed science and public health experts. DeSantis has literally done the opposite - and as a result NY is opening back up with very few cases per capita right now while DeSantis' incompetence is resulting FL leading the entire planet in new cases at the moment.
That great leader Cuomo has led his state to more deaths than the next 3 states combined. If NY was a country they would be 5th in the world for deaths. I hope you didn't have a loved one in one of the nursing homes that Cuomo decided to play germ warfare with. As far as Florida goes, they only have 3,700 deaths compared to 32,000 for NY. DeSantis has a long way to go to reach the level of incompetence and negligence that Cuomo reached in his handling of the virus in NY.

That great leader Cuomo has led his state to more deaths than the next 3 states combined. If NY was a country they would be 5th in the world for deaths. I hope you didn't have a loved one in one of the nursing homes that Cuomo decided to play germ warfare with. As far as Florida goes, they only have 3,700 deaths compared to 32,000 for NY. DeSantis has a long way to go to reach the level of incompetence and negligence that Cuomo reached in his handling of the virus in NY.

These are the cards he was dealt by being the Governor of a state with the greatest population density that also has the biggest port of entry from Europe (where most cases came from). NY was therefore always going to get hit harder. How he dealt with it is what matters. Today NY has very few cases per capita and FL has the most, which will force it to shut down again. If DeSantis was Gov or NY and Cuomo of FL - the situations would be reversed. That's what competent professional Governance gets you.

Reactions: zackbear
Good old lou (there’s no crisis on the border lou ) . Thanks to Trump , his wall being built , and Mexico’s help , he’s right - there’s no crisis on the border now . I wonder how many more cases we would have had if that crises hadn’t been stopped at the border
Fauci has indicated Americans have a built-in immunity
These are the cards he was dealt by being the Governor of a state with the greatest population density that also has the biggest port of entry from Europe (where most cases came from). NY was therefore always going to get hit harder. How he dealt with it is what matters. Today NY has very few cases per capita and FL has the most, which will force it to shut down again. If DeSantis was Gov or NY and Cuomo of FL - the situations would be reversed. That's what competent professional Governance gets you.
Yeah. 80% of the eateries in NYC can't pay rent and the Police aren't supported and are leaving in droves...great situation...

I guess sending infected patients into nursing homes where the most vulnerable were at is ok with you then? My mom in law was sent to a home in S. Fla in early March. She was there for two hours when we got a call telling us that two patients tested positive there. They were sent to a hospital and unlike NY they were kept there and no new cases were found at her home. Pretty easy to see that DeSantis would have handled NY better going by their track records and my wife and I thank God that she wasn't in a home in NY to be put to her death by Cuomo's negligence.I guess him refusing to stock up on PPE's back in 2015 when he was begged to do so and instead wasting 750 million on a solar project instead of his citizen's well being is ok with you? Not sure how you can excuse the horrible negligence that Cuomo is responsible for that led to his state having nearly over 9 times the deaths of Fl.

Reactions: grbcane and utatem
I guess sending infected patients into nursing homes where the most vulnerable were at is ok with you then? My mom in law was sent to a home in S. Fla in early March. She was there for two hours when we got a call telling us that two patients tested positive there. They were sent to a hospital and unlike NY they were kept there and no new cases were found at her home. Pretty easy to see that DeSantis would have handled NY better going by their track records and my wife and I thank God that she wasn't in a home in NY to be put to her death by Cuomo's negligence.I guess him refusing to stock up on PPE's back in 2015 when he was begged to do so and instead wasting 750 million on a solar project instead of his citizen's well being is ok with you? Not sure how you can excuse the horrible negligence that Cuomo is responsible for that led to his state having nearly over 9 times the deaths of Fl.

Literally no one thinks DeSantis would've done a better job than Cuomo if the roles were reversed. You keep bringing up the NY death toll as if that is Cuomo's fault - which is not accurate. That is a byproduct of NY's population density, the fact that is a major entry hub from Europe, and the fact that NYC is packed very tightly. Cuomo did as well as any Governor could've been expected to do because he followed the advice of public health officials and science. He didn't privilege making a buck over human lives as DeSantis has done - so it would be more than fair to say that if DeSantis was Governor of NY, the death toll would be close to double what it is today. And NY certainly wouldn't be opening up for business as it is under Cuomo's stewardship.

Reactions: zackbear and MikeJW
If you consider been competent a governor that put COVID victims with the elderly and have them die,then you are as much a criminal as he is. Like I said you are a hypocrite!!!

Literally no one thinks DeSantis would've done a better job than Cuomo if the roles were reversed. You keep bringing up the NY death toll as if that is Cuomo's fault - which is not accurate. That is a byproduct of NY's population density, the fact that is a major entry hub from Europe, and the fact that NYC is packed very tightly. Cuomo did as well as any Governor could've been expected to do because he followed the advice of public health officials and science. He didn't privilege making a buck over human lives as DeSantis has done - so it would be more than fair to say that if DeSantis was Governor of NY, the death toll would be close to double what it is today. And NY certainly wouldn't be opening up for business as it is under Cuomo's stewardship.
Literally anyone that had a loved one in NY's nursing homes would think that Mickey Mouse would have done a better job than the germ warfare playing Cuomo. No response on that or the lack of PPE's that were directly attributed to Cuomo wasting his citizen's hard earned money on pie in the sky projects instead? How about not shutting down travel to other states when the infections were so high in NY? He is not only responsible for the deaths in his state, he is also a major contributor to the spread to the rest of America. The only question is if he was simply stupid or downright negligible. That density argument is false when you consider that the spread out Navajo Nation in Arizona, New Mexico and Utah has among the highest rates in the country in infections. I've driven through their lands plenty of times and have yet to see even one high rise there.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Cuomo made all the right moves????????? You must love the taste of bullshit because you’re eating a lot of it believing that nonsense!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Cuomo made the right moves????????? You must love the taste of bullshit because you’re eating a lot of it believing that nonsense!
If NY were a country they would have the 5th highest deaths in the whole world. That doesn't even count the number of infections he spread across the country by not locking down his state when it was a raging hotspot. Cuomo is right up there with China as far as allowing the virus to spread elsewhere due to negligence.

161 deaths per 100K population. He did the worst of any State and almost every other Country. He sent positive cases back to nursing homes where the MOST vulnerable are located. Cuomo is another liberal fraudster.

Reactions: 801canesmxer
161 deaths per 100K population. He did the worst of any State and almost every other Country. He sent positive cases back to nursing homes where the MOST vulnerable are located. Cuomo is another liberal fraudster.

This has been previously addressed.

Apply DeSantis' failed policy that privileges profit over life, to NY and you would have about 2-3 times the amount of casualties.

This has been previously addressed.

Apply DeSantis' failed policy that privileges profit over life, to NY and you would have about 2-3 times the amount of casualties.
Dude you are contradicting yourself. If DeSantis failed policies would result in 2-3 times the deaths where are they?

Dude you are contradicting yourself. If DeSantis failed policies would result in 2-3 times the deaths where are they?
Wait for it.... they will keep pushing their, “wait two weeks” mantra that they have been preaching for 2 months since things were opened up. Only after the protesting and rioting without masks did we see a spike just a few days later. Deaths lag, but they haven’t come yet.

Reactions: 801canesmxer

Allow me to distill into simpler terms since you obviously misunderstood. If DeSantis was Governor of NY and applied the methodology of keeping everything open, allowing public events, not adopting masks etc. then NY would have 2-3 times more casualties as it does now. Is it clear ?

Reactions: zackbear
Allow me to distill into simpler terms since you obviously misunderstood. If DeSantis was Governor of NY and applied the methodology of keeping everything open, allowing public events, not adopting masks etc. then NY would have 2-3 times more casualties as it does now. Is it clear ?
But he is'nt. He's the Governor of Florida. A state with a larger population. You want to play the "what if" game genius?

Wait for it.... they will keep pushing their, “wait two weeks” mantra that they have been preaching for 2 months since things were opened up. Only after the protesting and rioting without masks did we see a spike just a few days later. Deaths lag, but they haven’t come yet.
They are getting better at treating this. Not where it needs to be but better.

But he is'nt. He's the Governor of Florida. A state with a larger population. You want to play the "what if" game genius?

You can't defend DeSantis' actions other than claim he's not the Governor of NY. I'll take that as a win.

You can't defend DeSantis' actions other than claim he's not the Governor of NY. I'll take that as a win.
22 million people 3731 deaths and some of those probably weren't a direct result of Covid.

And if Cuomo played the same germ warfare games in Fl that he did in Ny, with all the elderly in Fl, then Fl's numbers would be at least 10x's higher. What if is a fun game to play. How about another one? What if Barry was in charge and waited 6 months to declare a National Emergency with COVID the same way that he did with H1N1? By track record that means that he would just now be getting around to making that same declaration with COVID.

Has nothing to do with Donald Trump. Did I miss where he was testing people or somethings you guys will go out of your way to blame everything on Trump. The hysteria is laughable.
The Trump Cult will all drink the Kool aid and DIE.

The Trump Cult will all drink the Kool aid and DIE.

These are the same people who are not wearing masks in public or recommending that citizens do, so ultimately they are all complicit.

Has nothing to do with Donald Trump. Did I miss where he was testing people or somethings you guys will go out of your way to blame everything on Trump. The hysteria is laughable.

Still waiting for your support that the increase in testing is the reason for the increase in cases. What you don't seem to understand is that the virus continues to spread. If it wasn't spreading all the tests that you keep mentioning would be negative. The positivity rate has increased in many areas. It's a fact. Now please show me any data that shows the increase in cases is solely or primarily due to testing. I'll check back with you later on.

Still waiting for your support that the increase in testing is the reason for the increase in cases. What you don't seem to understand is that the virus continues to spread. If it wasn't spreading all the tests that you keep mentioning would be negative. The positivity rate has increased in many areas. It's a fact. Now please show me any data that shows the increase in cases is solely or primarily due to testing. I'll check back with you later on.
Protests and riots were a contributing factor. And yes, testing contributes as well.

@MutinousCane posted the link which you conveniently stopped posting after.

Reactions: BreakingCane
No it doesn't. We were closed down here for just a few weeks less then NY.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT