ADVERTISEMENT

Gary, Gary, Gary....

Hoyacane1620

SuperCane
Jan 28, 2018
While I can appreciate your enthusiasm and optimism about landing Mario Cristobal as the next head coach, I have to say that I agree totally with Matt on the process. There is NO WAY Mario would be announced as Miami's next head coach BEFORE his team is totally done with the season. Everything that has been said about him reflects that he is a man of integrity and an up -front kind of guy. He is all in on his team; he's put alot of hard work and time recruiting, developing and coaching them to get to this point. The last thing he is going to do is be a distraction or create a distraction for them before their season is played out. And I'm sure the Oregon AD wouldn't support that , either. Do you really think Phil Knight would be okay with that given his investment in the program????? I think you're letting your emotions get the better of your good sense on this one.

I realize that it has happened in the past; Jeff Haffley comes to mind in his transition from defensive coordinator at OSU to HC at BC. But he was a COORDINATOR - not the head coach and that is a huge difference. He went back and forth from Ohio to Boston trying to get sorted out - I saw an interview with him after he was at BC and he talked about how hard it was for him, his family and his guys at OSU. It isn't something that happens very often.

The reality of this situation is this recruiting class was a wash in terms of HS kids the minute the decision was made to move on from Manny. While it may not be public yet we know it was decided weeks ago. MAYBE some kids will wait to see who the new coach is. Personally, I don't think Shemar Stewart waits until February to sign, despite what his coach is telling you. He's going to sign quietly with TAMU in December and it will come out in February that it was a done deal. Jimbo is not going to let him go to February. I don't even think that's such a big loss.

Just my 2 cents. We'll see what happens. If mario says no early on, we could absolutely have a coach in place for ESD. But if it's going to be mario, I doubt we know anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News