ADVERTISEMENT

Getting really tired of our PC Pussified world. Since when does……

MJ didn’t get sodomized at a young age for years either (not that I know of). And it’s not like you have a good chance of snapping your neck on a basketball court.
But he quit!
he retired!
It's the media and politics that have been hounding her for her time and her thoughts on everything BUT gymnastics.

Everyone is so worked up about themselves and how people perceive them that they cant concentrate on having a life of their own.

She would do what is best for her and her mental state. She is the best of all time and that should be enough.

The Olympics is just one time one day.

Everyone has so much on their mind that no one takes time to appreciate the moment.

You have to balance everything and set limits on tech communication. Our minds aren't made to handle 1,000 different topics at once.

She will steady herself. With the power that she has, she needs to be stable in all aspect or she could really hurt herself.

But yes...people are less independent theses days and less stable emotionally.

That's progress for you.
You are so wrong.
The Olympics is a lifelong dream. It’s what you train all your life for!
It’s one moment in time, it’s the opportunity to compete with he best in the world.
It’s humans way of measuring success
To say it’s just one day is tota;;y asinine and contrary to the entire concept of the Olympics
Never once has anyone EVER heard that BS excuse
Own it, admit it, my pussified liberal poster
SHE CHOKED
SHE QUIT
pffffft

Reactions: htcane
As did Ali who was mentioned earlier.

Yes, we have made "progress." She dedicated her life to her craft and was the greatest to ever do it.

She quit. Said she could not go on. I'm OK with that.

Seems some on this board have their panties in a bunch. That's today's grievance culture.

Sad!

Really???, I can only imagine if a Canes players walked off the field. This board would eat em up.
She quit and your ok with that???
Exactly whats wrong in the world today!

I find it very offensive to people who have mental illnesses that an athlete who couldn't handle the pressure of competition is being categorized as having a mental illness.

What she did wasn't the result of mental illness. It may be a mental block/issue but Simone Biles is not mentally ill.

Reactions: rkrantz and htcane
Lets remember that she quit on her team.....
Not the individual competition.....
The team competition.......
She decided the fate of her teammates......
She failed them.....

emac
Yep. The pressure led her to step away, leaving her team to compete without the number one gymnast in the world.

Look at it this way chuck...MJ had multiple titles before he played a championship game while almost dying of the flu. It is the opposite. An athlete of her caliber quitting is the outlier. Most would rather risk injury then not compete. Just saying.
MJ had a stomach virus. He wasn’t going to die. Jesus.

• Haha
Reactions: RJWwood
Here is another one that might alter perspective

Another good read on this...like you commented earlier, Gary..."we have no idea of her world" period.

I was waiting for the apologists to bring up the sexual abuse situation from years ago , or the reference to the big bad corporations that paid her $ Millions . Here it is
She has become a woke idol ,
What if Tom Brady bailed on the day of the super bowl , saying that he was afraid of getting hurt by being sacked by some 320lb monster !
Again , she is being venerated for quitting! Celebrated for bailing out.
Hip Hip hooray for those that fight these mental demons ! I feel sorry for her , truly sad . I pity her . I do not think that this should be celebrated as the media is doing

Reactions: rkrantz
Really???, I can only imagine if a Canes players walked off the field. This board would eat em up.
She quit and your ok with that???
Exactly whats wrong in the world today!
Yes, if a player is mentally unable to play, this board would eat them up.

It's our grievance culture.

Sad!

I'm not mad at OP, he has a right to his opinion. MY opinion is social media has created a platform where people who havent done anything meaningful in there lives get to critique/criticize others to mask their own inadequacy. Simone Biles is the most declorated gymnast in history but the people coming after her haven't accomplished anything as nearly as significant as what shat has done. If Mary Lou Retton or Nadia Comaneci or Michael Jordan called her out it would be a different story but what you see are mostly comments from some of the most unaccomplished/unathletic/untalented men calling her out. Its comical and sad at the same time...

104 fever at game time is no big deal…your right Doc…lulz
Wrong...Jordan himself said it wasn't the flu, but food poisoning...some rumors he was hungover...doesn't take away from his performance. BTW any adult who has a 104 flu ( especially back then) can't stand up, he's in the hospital on an IV.

I'm not mad at OP, he has a right to his opinion. MY opinion is social media has created a platform where people who havent done anything meaningful in there lives get to critique/criticize others to mask their own inadequacy. Simone Biles is the most declorated gymnast in history but the people coming after her haven't accomplished anything as nearly as significant as what shat has done. If Mary Lou Retton or Nadia Comaneci or Michael Jordan called her out it would be a different story but what you see are mostly comments from some of the most unaccomplished/unathletic/untalented men calling her out. Its comical and sad at the same time...
This is so wrong . Most here have accomplished things of great import , even in a very tough world . Putting food on the table , a roof over a family’s head , raising kids are all stressful. Some here have lost jobs , been threatened with foreclosure or eviction or a loos of employment. Life’s a bitch .
Why is competing as a multi millionaire gymnast any more stressful than a guy working at Publix as an Assistant Manager who has 3 kids . She is going to be financially ok either way . The assistant manager ? He might piss off the manager and be looking for another shitty job. Being athletic has nothing to do with this . In fact the underachieving dude with a family has more stress than some coddled super star millionaire.

This is so wrong . Most here have accomplished things of great import , even in a very tough world . Putting food on the table , a roof over a family’s head , raising kids are all stressful. Some here have lost jobs , been threatened with foreclosure or eviction or a loos of employment. Life’s a bitch .
Why is competing as a multi millionaire gymnast any more stressful than a guy working at Publix as an Assistant Manager who has 3 kids . She is going to be financially ok either way . The assistant manager ? He might piss off the manager and be looking for another shitty job. Being athletic has nothing to do with this . In fact the underachieving dude with a family has more stress than some coddled super star millionaire.
Thank you for offering perspective sir. The athlete and hero worship in this country is ridiculous.

Wrong...Jordan himself said it wasn't the flu, but food poisoning...some rumors he was hungover...doesn't take away from his performance. BTW any adult who has a 104 flu ( especially back then) can't stand up, he's in the hospital on an IV.
“Probably the most difficult thing I’ve ever done,” Jordan said afterward. “I almost played myself into passing out just to win a basketball game.” Not just any game, though — a Finals game. Said Bulls coach Phil Jackson: “This was a heroic effort, one to add to the collection of efforts that make up his legend.”
Anything else you need to know?

DD don't knock working at Publix...I know several millionaires who work there...that internal employee only stock adds up. No stress...Also, my 28 year old Nephew happens to be an Ass't Manager at Publix...just bough himself a beautiful new house and jeep...he gets paid well...

“Probably the most difficult thing I’ve ever done,” Jordan said afterward. “I almost played myself into passing out just to win a basketball game.” Not just any game, though — a Finals game. Said Bulls coach Phil Jackson: “This was a heroic effort, one to add to the collection of efforts that make up his legend.”
Anything else you need to know?
Yes I saw The Last dance too (hated it btw)...he couldn't have played with a 104 flu as you alluded to...food poisoning yes. I said it takes nothing away from his performance which was heroic...

I call BS. Not being perfect and not willing to fight through it happened to her.
I have mixed feelings about it. My daughter was a high level gymnast and they can seriously get hurt. But I don't like her timing, should have pulled out before Olympics.

This isnt mental health.
She panicked, she stated her emotions got in the way!
This has ZERO to do with her past performances
She was due up.
Typical liberal nbc and other athletes afraid to say it so they wont be cancelled.
Simply SHE QUIT!
No other way to say it other than what is!
2021 Roberto Duran!!
Did you do just a little bit of research before you went on your rant about her just quitting and starting this ridiculous thread? Well I did and this what EXPERTS like Dominique Moceanu are saying. You might want to read this and educate yourself before spouting off stupid shit because you don’t know what you're talking about. Apparently it isn't just a mental thing, it's more about spatial awareness or knowing being aware of your surroundings. Spatial disorientation can get you killed which is what the preliminary NTSB reports are saying what happened in the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash. The Roberto Duran comparison? Don't say that again, people are going think that you're stupid!!!!!

Reactions: TampaBayCane
DD don't knock working at Publix...I know several millionaires who work there...that internal employee only stock adds up. No stress...Also, my 28 year old Nephew happens to be an Ass't Manager at Publix...just bough himself a beautiful new house and jeep...he gets paid well...
I have a cousin who was a meat manager there for like 30 years, now has a couple million in the bank in Publix stock.

I have a cousin who was a meat manager there for like 30 years, now has a couple million in the bank in Publix stock.
Thats right Pete....very few people leave Publix...additionally, they promote from within, will work out a transfer to another store (should you move)...Old school Counsel and lover of BBQ, DD couldn't have been more wrong

Reactions: St. Pete Cane
OP, have you ever competed at the highest level in sports? Where you ever The GOAT? You have no clue of the mental anguish some of these athletes go through. She ended her performance for the betterment of the team by allowing other capable gymnasts to take her spot.

Frankly, I was not surprised she didn't continue. If you watched the US trials it was obvious she was not herself although she still scored better than any other gymnast. The pressure was getting to her after years of carrying the team. As I recall, didn't The GOAT in basketball quit?

Not in the middle of the goddamn NBA Finals he didnt.

Phelps quit... but not in the middle of a swim meet.

Jeter quit... but not during a World Series.

Manning quit... but not during a Super Bowl.

You see a difference here, yes? The best in the world, the GOATS don't quit in the middle of a champiosnhip run. They rise up and push through. The difference between being a GOAT and a JAG is the mental makeup of that person.

The best are mentally tougher than their competition. Simone Biles is a very talented and special gymnast. But she has lost her standing as the GOAT because she has proven that she lacks the mental toughness it takes to be the GOAT.

Being able to carry a team is another defining characteristic of being the greatest. Look at Tom Brady... the guy has won more rings with less talented teams because he elevates his game which forces others to elevate theirs.

Biles was great for alot of years... but she crumbled under the real pressure and failed her team and her country. Those are hard truths to face... but unless there is some other kind of issue like an injury she kept hidden, they are the truth.

OP, have you ever competed at the highest level in sports? Where you ever The GOAT? You have no clue of the mental anguish some of these athletes go through. She ended her performance for the betterment of the team by allowing other capable gymnasts to take her spot.

Frankly, I was not surprised she didn't continue. If you watched the US trials it was obvious she was not herself although she still scored better than any other gymnast. The pressure was getting to her after years of carrying the team. As I recall, didn't The GOAT in basketball quit?
Look I agree about not performing if you have the Twisties I definitely wouldn't want the GOAT to injure herself.
But she didn't help the team, another did not take her place.
They had to perform 1 lady short, so instead of getting the lowest score erased they had to perform they're best
GO USA
GO CANES

Thats right Pete....very few people leave Publix...additionally, they promote from within, will work out a transfer to another store (should you move)...Old school Counsel and lover of BBQ, DD couldn't have been more wrong
It was just an example of a working mans type job . Didn’t mean to criticize a great company like Publix who treats their employees well . Substitute Circuit City . Oh they are defunct ?
Or Frye’s or Blockbuster! I’m sure that the employees of this company have stress .I’m also pretty sure. that the ones who were successful at Publix worked their asses off to be successful, regardless of stress . That’s my point

But all those people who were referenced the meat manager , the nephew, etc at Publix, did they go to their boss and say , I can’t deal with the pressure, the COVID thing is too much ...
I’m betting that those millionaire Publix workers worked through the pandemic without the national media specifically identifying them as heroes.

But he quit!

Oh my god... you are a complete moron arent you?!?!

Yes... Michael Jordan quit playing the sport of basketball after almost 2 decades of playing at the highest level.

HE DID NOT QUIT IN THE MIDDLE OF A SEASON OR DURING AN NBA FINALS.

This is the difference. Biles QUIT in the middle of the Olympics. Unacceptable.

Reactions: Mcosculluela
like I said man she quit because she has mental health issues and that’s good of her to acknowledge them and deal with them. Understandable. But she quit in the middle of the Olympics in a team event so no shouldn’t be celebrated as heroic by the BS woke Liberal brigade

Agree... if she has mental health issues she should have declined the invitation and given her spot to another girl whose dream to make the Olympic squad could have come true.

Make way for the NEXT great thing... not selfishly keep your mental disabilities secret, only to reveal them while in the world spotlight. Unacceptable.

QUITTING become acceptable???????
Seriously, how does an athlete freak out and quit on her team, minutes before a finals event?????
Every athlete @ the Olympics has worked their asses off, given personal sacrifices, have overcome personal obstacles, physically mentally and emotionally!!!!
NO one has EVER quit in real time at an event.
We have all seen athletes carried off a court, track or event by giving thier all to physical failure
Simone couldn’t control her emotions!!!!!
Now comes the alleged greatest????/ and she decided NOT to perform?!
Based on a poor warmup????
I saw an American Tennis player wanting to forfeit, she had a talk with her support team, went out and dominated
Simone decided QUITE QUICKLY, she didnt need to compete.
She didnt consider her teammates, she simply considered her selfish panic attack and QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF has happened to America’s spirit.
Since when do we use excuses to quit????????????
Yeah yeah, shes a black famous gymnast, so lets not call her out, it wouldnt look good eh?????
I say simply
Simone Biles quit
SHE CHOKED
Period!!!!!!
Says the couch potato who has never competed in anything close to that level

It was just an example of a working mans type job . Didn’t mean to criticize a great company like Publix who treats their employees well . Substitute Circuit City . Oh they are defunct ?
Or Frye’s or Blockbuster! I’m sure that the employees of this company have stress .I’m also pretty sure. that the ones who were successful at Publix worked their asses off to be successful, regardless of stress . That’s my point

But all those people who were referenced the meat manager , the nephew, etc at Publix, did they go to their boss and say , I can’t deal with the pressure, the COVID thing is too much ...
I’m betting that those millionaire Publix workers worked through the pandemic without the national media specifically identifying them as heroes.
DD I understand...I just pointed out that you example was 100% balls ass dead wrong. Simple as that.

theU Simone owes her teammates NOT to quit. She is the GOAT and GOATs simply don't quit. Can you imagine Jordan, Brady, Ali, Phelps, Serena, Tiger, Lebron, Bill Russell or other top athletes quitting when the going got tough? I can't.

Just because none of us here are world class athletes doesn't mean we can't opine on the subject. Simone is 24 yrs. old and an Olympic and world champion. She's been through this before. The pressure shouldn't be getting to her. I'm sorry but it's true.

I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. But this should have have never happened.
Being that high in the air and blanking on where you're at is very dangerous. She did the right thing!

I have mixed feelings about it. My daughter was a high level gymnast and they can seriously get hurt. But I don't like her timing, should have pulled out before Olympics.
I agree. Follow through or don't compete. The timing was awful. She just happened to quit after not performing well on a vault.

Any reasonable minded person that watches gymnastics knows that you can get seriously hurt. Just like any reasonable minded person that watches boxing, football, hockey or any other Collision/combat sport knows that you can get seriously hurt. So, the risk of getting hurt didn't just show up at the 2020 Olympics. Elite athletes are elite athletes for a reason. Quitting under the guise of mental health should not become the new norm.

She is going to regret Quitting.

Imagine our military personnel needing “mental stress” days off during a conflict as one of many examples. It was her responsibility to get in the right state of mind to compete or just don’t show up. Left her teammates high and dry. That was a bad stage and time to do that and sets a precedent that shows “if you’re not feeling up for it today that’s ok”. Not only that but now some people believe it is “brave” NOT doing something that requires bravery and mental toughness. It’s totally backwards where we are going as a country

Reactions: majus12
What if someone like Novak Djokovic is the one doing the critiquing/criticizing? "Without pressure there is no professional sport. If you're aiming to be at the top the game you better start learning to deal with pressure and how to cope with those moments-on the court but also off the court." "Pressure is a privilege my friend." From one GOAT to another.

Yes I saw The Last dance too (hated it btw)...he couldn't have played with a 104 flu as you alluded to...food poisoning yes. I said it takes nothing away from his performance which was heroic...
The point is that he played when he could and probably should have sat the game out. My only criticism of Simone is that she took somebody else's spot on the Olympic team which is most often a once in a lifetime opportunity for these athletes to represent the USA worldwide. I would have zero to say if she had chosen to retire or sit out these games. However, she chose to compete and absent a physical injury that made it impossible to compete I expect her to compete for our country on such a stage. MJ is simply one of dozens of examples were elite athletes competed despite having serious career threatening injuries. Look at Ali, Youngblood, Reed, etc. etc. All of these guys competed with severe injuries so as to not let their teams down let alone their country. Believe me I give mental health issues serious consideration. I myself suffer from chronic depression and receive meds and therapy. I'm not ashamed to admit that and understand acutely how important your mental health is. However, sometimes we have to fight to overcome fear and depression especially on such a stage.

Last edited:
Reactions: RJWwood
dying of the flu??????? Come on bro. Hyperbole!!

and Michael did quit too. Mental disease is real…..just looke at 85% of the posters on this site 😂😂
Brother, I know how difficult poor mental health can make a person's life. I suffer from depression and take meds. I'm not ashamed to admit it and often share this to inspire and help others who are afraid to seek help. Especially in Latino culture which discourages often belittles men for openly admitting and addressing their mental health. It takes courage and "cojones" to admit you have a problem and get help for your sake and that of those who depend on you. Having a mental health issue is nothing to be ashamed of as you would not blame a diabetic for having diabetes. However, when you are in a position of responsibility and obligation, you have to do your job. Seek treatment and do your job. My obligation to my family and colleagues was such that I had to confront my condition and deal with it out of respect for them. Being a member of a team especially an Olympic team comes with great responsibility. Just being on the team means another athlete could not realize his or her dream and compete for their country. Absent a physical injury that makes competing impossible, I compete before letting my team, country and family down. That is just me and I am nobody. Imagine, the sacrifices made by many legendary athletes in similar circumstances. This is the olympics we are talking about. There is nothing wrong with having a mental illness so long as you confront it and seek treatment. You can't make your problem somebody else's. Its a matter of accountability and responsibility.

Last edited:
The point is that he played when he could and probably should have sat the game out. My only criticism of Simone is that she took somebody else's spot on the Olympic team which is most often a once in a lifetime opportunity for these athletes to represent the USA worldwide. I would have zero to say if she had chosen to retire or sit out these games. However, she chose to compete and absent a physical injury that made it impossible to compete I expect her to compete for our country on such a stage. MJ is simply one of dozens of examples were elite athletes competed despite having serious career threatening injuries. Look at Ali, Youngblood, Reed, etc. etc. All of these guys competed with severe injuries so as to not let their teams down let alone their country. Believe me I give mental health issues serious consideration. I myself suffer from chronic depression and receive meds and therapy. I'm not ashamed to admit that and understand acutely how important your mental health is. However, sometimes we have to fight to overcome fear and depression especially on such a stage.
Willis really did it to spur on the MSG crowd (I was there as a teenager with my brother and father) came out of dressing room played a few minutes, hit his only shots, sent the crowd into a frenzy then left a few minutes later...Dollar Bill and Clyde went crazy Dave D all over the court...Lakers didn't have a chance...the Captain did his job. What a team!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT