ADVERTISEMENT

Honeyiv

miamimike

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2007
My city is awash in a second wave of Covid-19. Is it really a "hoax"? Am I safe to go out and mingle? You wouldn't want your old nemesis to crater would you? Sorry, meant to post this in the Lounge.

Last edited:
It's called more people getting tested, retard. @honeyiv is the board drunk, you would better off ignoring him. The Red's are coming.
Your right..Trump was right too..If you test you get a case..More tests equals more cases and more cases makes him look bad..Trump was right when he said he probably shouldn’t have tested anyone and he would then have no cases....Trump the stable genius hard at work..

My city is awash in a second wave of Covid-19. Is it really a "hoax"? Am I safe to go out and mingle? You wouldn't want your old nemesis to crater would you? Sorry, meant to post this in the Lounge.
Stay home, stay safe, stay sheltered, stay protected, lest you die...

Reactions: grbcane
Your right..Trump was right too..If you test you get a case..More tests equals more cases and more cases makes him look bad..Trump was right when he said he probably shouldn’t have tested anyone and he would then have no cases....Trump the stable genius hard at work..

Trump is just a small roadblock. The Red's are coming.

Reactions: stevehick
krvanness said:

miamimike said:

Since last Saturday, San Antonio has logged almost 900 new infections.[/quote]

I assume "infections" mean positive tests?

Percentage of positive tests have increased in Texas (not just quantity). What that means long term remains to be seen, but it’s not just a product of testing more.

Reactions: SolarCane
If you think it’s possible to live the rest of your life inside go ahead, not all of us want to be be wusses. You would think this is a ballet board, not a football board.

Who is saying that?
Op and a few others in this thread are acting like we can never go back to normal, news flash, we’re going to have more cases, regardless of what we do, we move forward and live our life like we have throughout history.

Last edited:
Reactions: majus12
caneinaustin said:

Who is saying that?

Op and a few others in this thread acting like we can never go back to normal, news flash, we’re going to have more cases, regardless of what we do, we move forward and live our life like we have throughout history.
[/quote]
I think we all agree on that. Still makes sense to take precautions, wear masks and social distance when possible.

Many people are not.

Op and a few others in this thread acting like we can never go back to normal, news flash, we’re going to have more cases, regardless of what we do, we move forward and live our life like we have throughout history.
You just wanted to post something. No one said that.
As for getting back to normal, even the clown @Burner Account-3 keeps spewing about the Red’s coming.

Like it or not, these are different times.

Oh, and yes...I AM out and about!

Reactions: miamimike
I think we all agree on that. Still makes sense to take precautions, wear masks and social distance when possible.

Many people are not.[/QUOTE]

Social distance yes, that’s pretty easy, if someone wants to wear a mask inside go ahead, the death rate for people of normal health is drastically dropping, about thirty percent of deaths were from nursing homes. A big part of that was negligence from N.E. governors, take care of those most vulnerable.

We need to fully open up, anything else isn’t reasonable, we have done far more damage and killed more people shutting down, than we would have staying open.

You just wanted to post something. No one said that.
As for getting back to normal, even the clown @Burner Account-3 keeps spewing about the Red’s coming.

Like it or not, these are different times.

Oh, and yes...I AM out and about!

Go ahead, stay under a rock and wave a white flag, come out occasionally to post.

caneinaustin said:

Social distance yes, that’s pretty easy, if someone wants to wear a mask inside go ahead, the death rate for people of normal health is drastically dropping, about thirty percent of deaths were from nursing homes. A big part of that was negligence from N.E. governors, take care of those most vulnerable.

We need to fully open up, anything else isn’t reasonable, we have done far more damage and killed more people shutting down, than we would have staying open.
[/quote]
It’s a free country. Masks have been proven as an effective preventative here and in other countries.

Seems a little selfish not to wear one.

Reactions: clevelandcane

"Still makes sense to take precautions"
It begins and ends right there. Just like 1968/69 where we lost 100,000 Americans to the Hong Kong Flu (1,000,000 Worldwide). No ominous headlines, no business or school closures, no fear, no scientists giving umpteen differing opinions that are generally incorrect...just common sense.

Many people are not.

[/quote]
It’s a free country. Masks have been proven as an effective preventative here and in other countries.

Seems a little selfish not to wear one.[/QUOTE]

If you want to wear one the rest of your life it’s your right, same if a business wants to require it.

It’s my right to use another business, and I know people who wear a mask are morally superior than us non mask wearing people.

caneinaustin said:

Many people are not.

Seems a little selfish not to wear one.[/QUOTE]

If you want to wear one the rest of your life it’s your right, same if a business wants to require it.

It’s my right to use another business, and I know people who wear a mask are morally superior than us non mask wearing people.
[/quote]
Again - nobody is suggesting a mask forever

The way your posts are coming up are confusing as hell, it’s hard to differentiate between my post, your post, and prior posts.

I have to disagree, it seems many including the media, infer that the mask wearing has no end in sight.

grbcane said:

The way your posts are coming up are confusing as hell, it’s hard to differentiate between my post, your post, and prior posts.

I have to disagree, it seems many including the media, infer that the mask wearing has no end in sight.[/quote]

A vaccine is the “end in sight” and by many accounts will be available early Q1. But understood, if a piece of cloth is a major inconvenience to you.

A vacine is the “end in sight” and by many accounts will be available early Q1. But understood, if a piece of cloth is a major inconvenience to you.

That would be ideal, and I pray we get one. The only problem is we may never get one. We still don’t have one for AIDS, we don’t even have a true vaccine for the flu.

I’m glad the medical community finally decided masks work, but look at China those people freaking live behind a mask, and every five years or so they have some kind of major outbreak.

The percentage of ppl being tested is greatly outpacing the the number of increased cases. Make an apples-to-apples comparison next time if you want to debate. In other words, the disease is slowing down...which is why the country continues to open...and open...and open. Nothing is going to stop that. PERCENTAGE of POSITIVE tests is WAY down compared to April. Oh, and there will NEVER be another shutdown. People can see what a massive mistake that was!

Get with the program.

miamimike said:

The percentage of ppl being tested is greatly outpacing the the number of increased cases. Make an apples-to-apples comparison next time if you want to debate. In other words, the disease is slowing down...which is why the country continues to open...and open...and open. PERCENTAGE of POSITIVE tests is WAY down compared to April.

Get with the program.
[/quote]
Not entirely true - refer to my link above

The percentage of ppl being tested is greatly outpacing the the number of increased cases. Make an apples-to-apples comparison next time if you want to debate. In other words, the disease is slowing down...which is why the country continues to open...and open...and open. PERCENTAGE of POSITIVE tests is WAY down compared to April.

Get with the program.
Not entirely true - refer to my link above[/QUOTE]

Not sure of what kind of source "Pro Republica" is. But look again carefully at YOUR little source. Most states have percentage of positive tests declining.

23 with a decline in positives
15 with increase
8 steady
6 no data

1. Check back with your little source in 30 days and it will be 3/4 of all states with declining percentages of positive tests.

2. Check the WHO stats.

LOL.

caneinaustin said:

Get with the program.

Not entirely true - refer to my link above[/QUOTE]

Not sure of what kind of source "Pro Republica" is. But look again carefully at YOUR little source. Most states (25+) have percentage of positive tests declining.

1. Check back with your little source in 30 days and it will be 3/4 of all states with declining percentages of positive tests.

2. Check the WHO stats.

LOL.
[/quote]
Yes - it varies state by state. Covid emerges in clusters smart ass.

Not sure of what kind of source "Pro Republica" is. But look again carefully at YOUR little source. Most states (25+) have percentage of positive tests declining.

2. Check the WHO stats.

LOL.
[/quote]
Yes - it varies state by state. Covid emerges in clusters smart ass.[/QUOTE]

Your little poll was a FAIL! Next time read the poll before posting it instead of ASSUMING it fits your narrow narrative.

15 with increase
8 steady
6 no data

Check it in 30 days. If it's not at least 30/8/8/6 I will ban myself 30 day. LOL.

Reactions: caneinaustin
caneinaustin said:

2. Check the WHO stats.

LOL.

Yes - it varies state by state. Covid emerges in clusters smart ass.[/QUOTE]

Your little poll was a FAIL! Next time read the poll before posting it instead of ASSUMING it fits your narrow narrative.

15 with increase
8 steady
6 no data
[/quote]
I didn’t disagree with any of that. Not sure what you are trying to say?

Here is a great tracker with metrics around % of positive. Definitely varies by state, but there are some bad trends in Utah, Arizona and Texas and some positive trends in NY, Cal etc https://projects.propublica.org/reopening-america/
Yes, the state of Utah with a population of 2.7 million is being overrun with 139 deaths and 119 in the hospital right now. On June 3 there were 2,190 tests done in Utah, while on June 11 there were 4,908 tests performed. Not hard to figure out why there was an increase of those that tested positive.

Reactions: grbcane
caneinaustin said:

Here is a great tracker with metrics around % of positive. Definitely varies by state, but there are some bad trends in Utah, Arizona and Texas and some positive trends in NY, Cal etc https://projects.propublica.org/reopening-america/

Yes, the state of Utah with a population of 2.7 million is being overrun with 139 deaths and 119 in the hospital right now. On June 3 there were 2,190 tests done in Utah, while on June 11 there were 4,908 tests performed. Not hard to figure out why there was an increase of those that tested positive.
[/quote]

Again- If you read my posts above, I’ve just called out trends in both directions. Not sure why there is this inferred narrative?

LOL. Makes Hiroshima and Nagasaki look a mild summer thunderstorm!

caneinaustin said:

801canesmxer said:

caneinaustin said:

Here is a great tracker with metrics around % of positive. Definitely varies by state, but there are some bad trends in Utah, Arizona and Texas and some positive trends in NY, Cal etc https://projects.propublica.org/reopening-america/[/quote]

Again- If you read my posts above, I’ve just called out trends in both directions. Not sure why there is this inferred narrative?

And you might need a class on percentages.

Reactions: SolarCane

Again- If you read my posts above, I’ve just called out trends in both directions. Not sure why there is this inferred narrative?[/QUOTE]
I was just pointing out why the trend in Utah is higher. Many on here post with an inferred narrative so it's hard sometimes to differentiate who is saying what on here and for what reason.

caneinaustin said:

Again- If you read my posts above, I’ve just called out trends in both directions. Not sure why there is this inferred narrative?[/QUOTE]
I was just pointing out why the trend in Utah is higher. Many on here post with an inferred narrative so it's hard sometimes to differentiate who is saying what on here and for what reason.
[/quote]
The trend on percentage positives is higher in Utah as well. Not saying it will result in anything catastrophic. Just facts.

[/quote]
The trend on percentage positives is higher in Utah as well. Not saying it will result in anything catastrophic. Just facts.[/QUOTE]
That is indeed a fact, which I always appreciate. Hospitalization rates have remained steady from what I have read but if you have different info on that I am always willing to listen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT