ADVERTISEMENT

I don’t know how some of you are canes fans

I didn’t use those words. What I said is save it bc I didn’t wanna go down the path where you felt like you have to give me you’re qualifications for not being a racist. I didn’t think you were, I wanted to have a bigger conversation about if you care about the football program how can you not listen to what current and former players are feeling, and my concern about some of the language and stereotypes I’ve read on this board which truly concerns me.
You’ve given only generalizations on here over your concern, except for one over the top poster who, supports Trump, most poster comments are benign. On the other hand I’ve read quite a bit of radical left racist anti- American sentiment that should be a bigger concern.

Reactions: grbcane
You’ve given only generalizations on here over your concern, except for one over the top poster who, supports Trump, most poster comments are benign. On the other hand I’ve read quite a bit of radical left racist anti- American sentiment that should be a bigger concern.

you and I have been going back and forth for a few days. I’m ok with that. We disagree on the philosophy. Which is fine. All I’m saying is people should watch their words carefully. I’m a black man telling you what many black men have told me and I share in some of those views. But if players ever read some of the things I’ve seen from multiple posters on this board they wouldn’t be happy. I caution you guys to be a bit more empathetic and listen to their thoughts and point of views. You DO NOT have to adopt any of it. Just listen, discuss, educate yourself on the matters bc they want to be heard.

If you can cheer for them on Saturdays and eventually some on sundays, if they’ve Brought joy to your life or made you a proud alumni, take the time to listen to them a bit and watch your words.....

Reactions: miamimike
Im not a reverse racist. Whatever that means. And I’m not assuming everyone is a racist. I’m basing my response on what I’ve seen on this board the last couple of weeks. I’m open minded which is why I’m here to have the conversation. Have you seen what some of the posters have written here. I don’t mind the opinions so much. We can have an open dialogue. I know some people have seen me respond to some of the post. I’m here for that. I didn’t say everyone was a racist as well. I said I don’t know how many of you are canes fans based on your thoughts. I thought the #s would be low. There are some in every bunch. I’m surprised how many there are who are willing to use some of the verbiage I’ve read.
Just reread your post , and my bad for not comprehending certain things correctly .. that’s on me .. you stated some , and not all , this, you are correct ...with that said , we should all hold judgement at this time .. rash decisions and rash responses just perpetuate the existing issues facing us at this juncture in time

Reactions: grbcane
I agree with this 1000%: “achieve success through hard work and conformity with the system”.

I don’t think the majority of the people feel some sense of victimhood. Many of the people I know work hard, raise families and do the right things on a daily basis. We want to be a 100% part of the system (most of us, there are knuckleheads). What my most people are asking for now is equality in that system that has been promised to all Americans. Because things over the years haven’t always been equal. It’s gotten better. But still not equal.
Good then we are agreeing. I appreciate your comments .All I can do is live my own life on my principles. I have hired and mentored many people of different races and ethnic grounds. I was very biased. I supported the ones who wanted to succeed . It was all based on merit . Total merit. My bias was towards competence.
And unfortunately many in the AA community have fallen for the democrat nonsense around victimhood. They have no party unless there are victims. Gays , women , illegal migrants . The list is endless
And yes there are some who warrant sympathy or pity. Those who through no fault of there own are incapable of succeeding in life or on society
And yes the burden on some blacks may be more than others
It’s a touchy subject .
But Blacks themselves bear some responsibility . In my world, high corporate level , would I hire a black person who spoke “ ghetto“ English? Who wore the caps sideways? Or pants hanging down their ass ? Nope Some blacks may think that is cool
It’s not
The family situation with Blscks is atrocious. A majority of black households don’t have a father around ? That’s the fault of the democrats in my view . It leads to increased criminality. That is just a fact. There are more blacks in jail because they commit more crimes . They commit more crimes largely because they have less assets.
This whole new take on race is meaningless
The protests have not increased SAT or FICO scores . Nor have they improved education in inner cities. The most recent victims of police brutality have not been models of upstanding citizens.

Reactions: gchaneyjr
I don’t understand how many of you are even canes fans. This program is and was largely built with black players many from the inner city right here in south Florida. A lot of the players current and former feel anger and the oppression that’s out there. And instead of listening to what many in the black community have been trying to say for years I see the same racial dog whistles being blown.

why and/or how do you support a program that has been largely unapologetically black and yet not care about the players and their families when they go home or graduate from this university? Please answer this question.
What about CARLOS HUERTA???
What about Jason MARUCCI????
What about JEREMY SHOCKEY???

Good then we are agreeing. I appreciate your comments .All I can do is live my own life on my principles. I have hired and mentored many people of different races and ethnic grounds. I was very biased. I supported the ones who wanted to succeed . It was all based on merit . Total merit. My bias was towards competence.
And unfortunately many in the AA community have fallen for the democrat nonsense around victimhood. They have no party unless there are victims. Gays , women , illegal migrants . The list is endless
And yes there are some who warrant sympathy or pity. Those who through no fault of there own are incapable of succeeding in life or on society
And yes the burden on some blacks may be more than others
It’s a touchy subject .
But Blacks themselves bear some responsibility . In my world, high corporate level , would I hire a black person who spoke “ ghetto“ English? Who wore the caps sideways? Or pants hanging down their ass ? Nope Some blacks may think that is cool
It’s not
The family situation with Blscks is atrocious. A majority of black households don’t have a father around ? That’s the fault of the democrats in my view . It leads to increased criminality. That is just a fact. There are more blacks in jail because they commit more crimes . They commit more crimes largely because they have less assets.
This whole new take on race is meaningless
The protests have not increased SAT or FICO scores . Nor have they improved education in inner cities. The most recent victims of police brutality have not been models of upstanding citizens.

I wanna break down and respond to your post in a more detailed post but the one thing in common blacks, gays, women, and tbh illegal immigrants (dig into this later) want Is equal rights. That’s the one thing that’s common thread amongst all these groups. So you may say they are acting like victims but in actuality they just want what you have. They want to be treated equally.

I agree with this 1000%: “achieve success through hard work and conformity with the system”.

I don’t think the majority of the people feel some sense of victimhood. Many of the people I know work hard, raise families and do the right things on a daily basis. We want to be a 100% part of the system (most of us, there are knuckleheads). What my most people are asking for now is equality in that system that has been promised to all Americans. Because things over the years haven’t always been equal. It’s gotten better. But still not equal.
you and I have been going back and forth for a few days. I’m ok with that. We disagree on the philosophy. Which is fine. All I’m saying is people should watch their words carefully. I’m a black man telling you what many black men have told me and I share in some of those views. But if players ever read some of the things I’ve seen from multiple posters on this board they wouldn’t be happy. I caution you guys to be a bit more empathetic and listen to their thoughts and point of views. You DO NOT have to adopt any of it. Just listen, discuss, educate yourself on the matters bc they want to be heard.

If you can cheer for them on Saturdays and eventually some on sundays, if they’ve Brought joy to your life or made you a proud alumni, take the time to listen to them a bit and watch your words.....
I listened to the Rock and Ed Reed and i disagree with both of them. Great football players though.

I listened to the Rock and Ed Reed and i disagree with both of them. Great football players though.

fair enough. That’s all I can ask for. That and not using poor and disrespectful language. (not that you are but I saying that to everyone)

fair enough. That’s all I can ask for. That and not using poor and disrespectful language. (not that you are but I saying that to everyone)
Well I am sure I have gone over the top with some comments but you listen to CD everyday and I hope you understand. CD says let drunk people who are passed out go free. That black man in Atlanta made a very very stupid decision that led to his death. If he had not made that decision he would be breathing right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT