ADVERTISEMENT

Just Read The Landmark SCOTUS Decision Today In Apple, Inc. v. Pepper...

advarkas

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2007
Hometown: Coral Gables; Currently: Downtown FTL
Just read the SCOTUS’s decision today on the Apple v. Pepper case.

In the 5-4 ruling, Justice Kavanaugh, happened to side with the LIBERAL WING of the Court (Ginsburg, Breyer, Sotomayor, and Kagan), and wrote a BRILLIANT opinion for the Supreme Court in favor of the consumer-plaintiffs. It was Trump’s other nominee, Gorsuch, who wrote the dissenting opinion for the minority conservative wing, joined by Thomas, Roberts, and Alito.

All of the shithead lunatic liberals suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome who shamelessly defamed, discredited, and dragged Kavanaugh’s name through the mud during his confirmation hearing should punch themselves in the face as hard as they can. Kavanaugh is no political puppet- he is both an incredible man and a brilliant Judge who will serve the Supreme Court with honor.

Great Opinion- I strongly suggest taking the time to read it.

Thank you President Trump for nominating TWO GREAT JUSTICES.

60386613_2257888294281042_7484828911054880768_n.jpg

60436134_2257888314281040_8126886703165079552_n.jpg

60280035_2257888350947703_6384988189999759360_n.jpg

Last edited:

In the 5-4 ruling, Justice Kavanaugh, happened to side with the LIBERAL WING of the Court (Ginsburg, Breyer, Sotomayor, and Kagan), and wrote a BRILLIANT opinion for the Supreme Court in favor of the consumer-plaintiffs. It was Trump’s other nominee, Gorsuch, who wrote the dissenting opinion for the minority conservative wing, joined by Thomas, Roberts, and Alito.

All of the shithead lunatic liberals suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome who shamelessly defamed, discredited, and dragged Kavanaugh’s name through the mud during his confirmation hearing should punch themselves in the face as hard as they can. Kavanaugh is no political puppet- he is both an incredible man and a brilliant Judge who will serve the Supreme Court with honor.

Isn't he essentially saying that Apple is price gauging the consumer.......double dipping......

Reactions: CashvilleCane1

All part of the plan my man. Kavanaugh is going to rule with the dems on this one so when Kav crushes every subpoena issued by the House he can show he is bipartisan ;). Joking aside, I am going to read this tonight

Reactions: advarkas
Isn't he essentially saying that Apple is price gauging the consumer.......double dipping......

It was a classic anti-trust suit under the Sherman Act. The issue was whether the consumer-plaintiffs had legal standing, as "direct purchasers", to sue Apple for unlawfully monopolizing the retail market for the purchase of apps for the iPhone and related Apple products. Apple tried to argue that the consumer-plaintiffs were not "direct purchasers" because the app-developers for Apple set the retail market prices for the Apple's app products, not Apple. In other words, Apple tried to argue that the consumer-plaintiffs could only sue the app developers who pay Apple $99 a year to sell their apps in the Apple app store, with Apple earning a 30% commission on every sale of an Apple app, with the 70% going to the Apple app-developer. The Majority disagreed stating that iPhone owners directly pay the alleged overcharge of app products directly to Apple, irrespective of the fact that that the app developers develop the app, sell it in the Apple app store, and set the retail price. Bigly win for the public.

It was a classic anti-trust suit under the Sherman Act. The issue was whether the consumer-plaintiffs had legal standing, as "direct purchasers", to sue Apple for unlawfully monopolizing the retail market for the purchase of apps for the iPhone and related Apple products. Apple tried to argue that the consumer-plaintiffs were not "direct purchasers" because the app-developers for Apple set the retail market prices for the Apple's app products, not Apple. In other words, Apple tried to argue that the consumer-plaintiffs could only sue the app developers who pay Apple $99 a year to sell their apps in the Apple app store. The Majority disagreed stating that iPhone owners directly pay the alleged overcharge of app products directly to Apple, irrespective of the fact that that the app developers develop the app, sell it in the Apple app store, and set the retail price.
Not to turn this into a boring legal thread.....but have you followed or read about the lawsuits against the " Instagram influencers" of that fake Fyre Musical Festival? If you have, what are your thoughts? I side with the hottie influencers and used mostly my big head rather than little head in forming my opinion

Good to see people not always voting along political lines.

Not to turn this into a boring legal thread.....but have you followed or read about the lawsuits against the " Instagram influencers" of that fake Fyre Musical Festival? If you have, what are your thoughts? I side with the hottie influencers and used mostly my big head rather than little head in forming my opinion

I heard about that issue but haven’t followed up reading about the details

It was a classic anti-trust suit under the Sherman Act. The issue was whether the consumer-plaintiffs had legal standing, as "direct purchasers", to sue Apple for unlawfully monopolizing the retail market for the purchase of apps for the iPhone and related Apple products. Apple tried to argue that the consumer-plaintiffs were not "direct purchasers" because the app-developers for Apple set the retail market prices for the Apple's app products, not Apple. In other words, Apple tried to argue that the consumer-plaintiffs could only sue the app developers who pay Apple $99 a year to sell their apps in the Apple app store, with Apple earning a 30% commission on every sale of an Apple app, with the 70% going to the Apple app-developer. The Majority disagreed stating that iPhone owners directly pay the alleged overcharge of app products directly to Apple, irrespective of the fact that that the app developers develop the app, sell it in the Apple app store, and set the retail price. Bigly win for the public.
You know who won’t be happy about this! How we have free enterprise that isn’t held in check but big tech and the govt.

Thank U , quite in depth.......sounds like Apple is going to need some pretty good lawyers......."U" know any......;););)

A lot of you dudes just will never get it. It's sad bordering on delusional. The irony is you think people have TDS? What is it you have about liberals? You sound pretty delusional regarding libs here every day you have been a member dude....lol

We aren't supposed to like the same people and liberals have a very legit complaint about this judge. He doesn't deserve to be on the bench but we have all moved on beyond it except yourself...lol. Who ironically wants to call everyone else deranged?

His rulings are his job man. He isn't there to rule with a party. HE IS A JUDGE! WHEN WILL YOU AND TRUMP SUPPORTERS GET THIS THROUGH YOUR SKULLS? BEING A JUDGE ISN'T BEING A REPUBLICAN!!!! KEEP FOLLOWING BITCH MCCONNELL.....AND CONTINUE TO...WELL LOOK LIKE HIM....LOL

I just explained this to one of you geniuses. They rule on the laws....not rule as a member of some race war going on in your heads.

A lot of you dudes just will never get it. It's sad bordering on delusional. The irony is you think people have TDS? What is it you have about liberals? You sound pretty delusional regarding libs here every day you have been a member dude....lol

We aren't supposed to like the same people and liberals have a very legit complaint about this judge. He doesn't deserve to be on the bench but we have all moved on beyond it except yourself...lol. Who ironically wants to call everyone else deranged?

His rulings are his job man. He isn't there to rule with a party. HE IS A JUDGE! WHEN WILL YOU AND TRUMP SUPPORTERS GET THIS THROUGH YOUR SKULLS? BEING A JUDGE ISN'T BEING A REPUBLICAN!!!! KEEP FOLLOWING BITCH MCCONNELL.....AND CONTINUE TO...WELL LOOK LIKE HIM....LOL

I just explained this to one of you geniuses. They rule on the laws....not rule as a member of some race war going on in your heads.
I’m not even sure wtf you’re talking about so yeah keep hitting that bottle

Mindless word salad.

Reactions: grbcane
Mindless word salad.
Like I said in another thread.....the dude graduated from a lower tier regional school on par with Hoboken Community College (South Conn State). He thinks he can overcome the challenges of being a gay, minority with a low IQ by using long winded drivel on a message board. But we know that he knows that we own this s**t and there is nothing he can do about it. He's living in our world and I would rather him say thank you very much.

Last edited:
Like I said in another thread.....the dude graduated from a lower tier regional school on par with Hoboken Community College (South Conn State). He thinks he can overcome being a gay, minority with a low IQ by using long winded drivel on a message board. But we know that he knows that we own this s**t and there is nothing he can do about it. He's living in our world and I would rather him say thank you very much.

Ouch!

Reactions: Strack_Cane

You should be lambasting the 4 idiot right wingers who dissented from the majority. This case favored consumers over Big Business!! Stick with your slip n fall cases that you lose routinely. Also, make time to read the Mueller report. You will see for yourself how corrupt Trump is.

You should be lambasting the 4 idiot right wingers who dissented from the majority. This case favored consumers over Big Business!! Stick with your slip n fall cases that you lose routinely. Also, make time to read the Mueller report. You will see for yourself how corrupt Trump is.

Stick to taking Queen Cuck’s dick heat off your forehead.

Using another lying right wing nutjob to prove your case will not work. Try someone with integrity.

Admit it. You can't hang with me, mentally? Your long winded tirades filled with nonsense and right wing nuttery has exposed your inadequacies.

The only thing that is routinely exposed here consistently by either me or other non-shithead libtards is the following:

(1) you’re a mindless shit for brains libtard;
(2) you’re a ragging cuck tool; and
(3) you’re a massive beta bitch.

Next!

The only thing that is routinely exposed here consistently by either me or other non-shithead libtards is the following:

(1) you’re a mindless shit for brains libtard;
(2) you’re a ragging cuck tool; and
(3) you’re a massive beta bitch.

Next!
There you go again with more right wing buffoonery. Snap out of it!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT