ADVERTISEMENT

King Injury possibility

nickdoc1

SuperCane
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2009
Chicago, IL
I reviewed the film on the King injury and looked at the slow motion replay. As an aside, I am an orthopedic surgeon.

A few things I gathered:

1. Truly a freak injury. Probably a move he has made thousands of times in his career without incident.

2. It is definitely concerning regarding a possible ACL injury as he was pivoting when the knee gave out.

BUT

A couple of factors that are giving me hope that it may not be as bad as expected.

1. It is possible that the MCL or medial meniscus could only be injured, without the ACL involved. That is because his knee seemed to buckle medially, meaning toward his other leg.

2. It is taking a long time for an official announcement on the injury status, which could mean that there are multiple treatment options for the injury at hand, which is typical for meniscus injuries as well as MCL injuries. This could mean that he is waiting on second opinions on treatment options which would correlate with these other injuries.

Complete ACL injuries do not require multiple opinions, as they are always treated surgically in the athletic population.

Anyway, just a few thoughts as we all sit here praying that it is NOT an ACL injury.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News