ADVERTISEMENT

Kool was hired before Manny Diaz

OvenDoor

SuperCane
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2013
I don't know how many people realized this as a lot has happened since CMR put his staff together but this is an interesting little nugget.

“I think he’s one of the best in the business, if not the best,” Richt said of Kuligowski in August 2016. “If I had a D-coordinator that didn’t want him, I figured I probably don’t have the right D-coordinator.”

I hire Top Secret and above cleared PM's, Executives and all sorts of other high level government folks who usually have been in the Army, Navy, Air Force etc (so they are used to a team atmosphere) and about 90% of them want to hire there own team if you want them to run your project for you. I can tell you 100% of the cream of the crop candidates will not run your project for you if they can't hire there own team.

CMR has said he is hands off with the defense and lets Manny run it. Yet Kool was hired before him, forced on him and named Assistant Head Coach while Manny is D-Coordinator and Linebackers coach.

And after year 1 Kool is asking for a raise and when hired by Bama who already has an Assistant Head coach, they name him Associate Head Coach (whatever that means).

If this doesn't scream massive ego or problem waiting to happen, I don't know what does. This situation was literally a time bomb waiting to go off. How you expect Manny to be someone's boss who has a title higher than his or to expect Kool to listen to Manny who frankly before coming here wasn't the highest thought of guy in the industry, nor did he ever really play football and was hired after Kool with a lower title is beyond me.

Bama giving Kool that title is insane at best and makes really no sense as it means nothing. In my experience with this sort of thing, I would bet Kool demanded that title and I just went through this with a high level exec in the DEA so this sets off so many alarm's in my head it's crazy.

I mean I've seen it done before and it can be done. But there is a lot of info in a persons title and if you read between the lines a little bit, with Kool's position group being in complete chaos yet the rest of Manny's defense running very smoothly, the lack of recruiting on the DL and the press release that said Kool was leaving which was non-informative and kind of intentionally bland / cold, there was a lo going on behind the scenes.

I would bet in about 6 months you will see stories of massive tension between Manny and Kool start to come out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News