ADVERTISEMENT

Manafort Living His Best Life At The Gray Bar Motel.....

cdwright40

SuperCane
Aug 14, 2007
This is just sad. The fact this clown was out there just disrespecting our way of American life.....and republicans simply don't care. Breaking laws, tampering with witnesses, and of course taking this L.

Trumpito. Please recognize he didn't work for you for 49 days. It was 144 days. You can try to down play this was your general. This was the man in charge of your campaign for around 6 Months. It is just another in a long line of executive decisions to coincidently hire Russian associated criminals with a long history of breaking laws. Way to go Trumpito.

Keep up the good work @Breebree for telling me how the judge came to the decision. She basically broke it down like this to paraphrase. Mr. Manafort, your flight risk has greatly increased. You betrayed the trust of the courts. We can't write down every scenario for you of people to avoid on a list. Therefore, we side with the prosecutors.

It was beautiful to watch and it is a message to everyone else indicted in this investigation. Play ball or play with some balls.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...els-house-arrest/ar-AAyGpjM?OCID=ansmsnnews11

This is just sad. The fact this clown was out there just disrespecting our way of American life.....and republicans simply don't care. Breaking laws, tampering with witnesses, and of course taking this L.

Trumpito. Please recognize he didn't work for you for 49 days. It was 144 days. You can try to down play this was your general. This was the man in charge of your campaign for around 6 Months. It is just another in a long line of executive decisions to coincidently hire Russian associated criminals with a long history of breaking laws. Way to go Trumpito.

Keep up the good work @Breebree for telling me how the judge came to the decision. She basically broke it down like this to paraphrase. Mr. Manafort, your flight risk has greatly increased. You betrayed the trust of the courts. We can't write down every scenario for you of people to avoid on a list. Therefore, we side with the prosecutors.

It was beautiful to watch and it is a message to everyone else indicted in this investigation. Play ball or play with some balls.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...els-house-arrest/ar-AAyGpjM?OCID=ansmsnnews11
Disagree with this. He was acting as an unregistered foreign agent and should pay the penalty for it. Unfortunately for all of the Dems wishful talking points it happened 12 years ago. So basically mueller went after him for something that happened over a decade ago so he could coerce him into making a statement against Trump for something that never happened. Good luck!

On a side note, CD do you feel since Manafort is being prosecuted for this, should John Kerry also be prosecuted for his actions with Iran? It would be the exact same violation.

Disagree with this. He was acting as an unregistered foreign agent and should pay the penalty for it. Unfortunately for all of the Dems wishful talking points it happened 12 years ago. So basically mueller went after him for something that happened over a decade ago so he could coerce him into making a statement against Trump for something that never happened. Good luck!

On a side note, CD do you feel since Manafort is being prosecuted for this, should John Kerry also be prosecuted for his actions with Iran? It would be the exact same violation.

Wrong again! look at the dates on the attachment and stop listening to Trumps bullshit! He was caught in 2016 / 2017 too! If the defendant proves Mueller is wrong then so be it. We have a judicial system that decides who is wrong and who should pay a penalty. This is decided by a prosecutor, judge and jury and so far a judge has decided he was trying to influence witnesses who went straight to the feds with this. So, you are wrong. Kerry is not indicted for the same thing. Just because you believe he should be does not make it a reality except in your own mind. If nobody found wrong doing then it isn't against the law.

Kerry never took money trying to sell US access. Also, stop making a serious crime seem like it is nothing. It is a huge deal. Our government access is not for sale by the unlicensed dealer.

Also, he is charged with many counts. Not one. Take a look for yourself:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...notated/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a60451659c38

Last edited:
Wrong again! look at the dates on the attachment and stop listening to Trumps bullshit! He was caught in 2016 / 2017 too! If the defendant proves Mueller is wrong then so be it. We have a judicial system that decides who is wrong and who should pay a penalty. This is decided by a prosecutor, judge and jury and so far a judge has decided he was trying to influence witnesses who went straight to the feds with this. So, you are wrong. Kerry is not indicted for the same thing. Just because you believe he should be does not make it a reality except in your own mind. If nobody found wrong doing then it isn't against the law.

Kerry never took money trying to sell US access. Also, stop making a serious crime seem like it is nothing. It is a huge deal. Our government access is not for sale by the unlicensed dealer.

Also, he is charged with many counts. Not one. Take a look for yourself:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...notated/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a60451659c38

Obviously you are correct on manafort. Everything didn't happen 12 years ago. As far as Kerry, I'm not sure if he broke the law but injecting himself into the Iran situation as a private citizen is just wrong. I agree with his goal to save the deal but we can't have people not in the administration doing things like this. Like it or not Trump is our President and his appointees need to be the only people involved in government business.

Obviously you are correct on manafort. Everything didn't happen 12 years ago. As far as Kerry, I'm not sure if he broke the law but injecting himself into the Iran situation as a private citizen is just wrong. I agree with his goal to save the deal but we can't have people not in the administration doing things like this. Like it or not Trump is our President and his appointees need to be the only people involved in government business.
Wrong and illegal are a couple of different things. I don't know enough about the situation to say if he is wrong. I don't have all the information but if it isn't illegal that is the main thing. Being wrong is a personal point of contention. Being illegal means there he broke the law. That is what I am concerned with. Now we could make the argument if there should be a law against what he did and that's fine. My thing is there isn't or at least nobody has brought charges.

Wrong and illegal are a couple of different things. I don't know enough about the situation to say if he is wrong. I don't have all the information but if it isn't illegal that is the main thing. Being wrong is a personal point of contention. Being illegal means there he broke the law. That is what I am concerned with. Now we could make the argument if there should be a law against what he did and that's fine. My thing is there isn't or at least nobody has brought charges.

Of course I know wrong and illegal are different, which is why I said I'm not sure if he broke the law. I believe there is already a law prohibiting this. I'm guessing Kerry was smart enough to stop short of breaking it. But regardless we can't have people not in the administration doing things like this. It undermines our system of government.

There is a segment of our society that routinely does this. Most for personal gain, but some as representives of the deep state.

Of course I know wrong and illegal are different, which is why I said I'm not sure if he broke the law. I believe there is already a law prohibiting this. I'm guessing Kerry was smart enough to stop short of breaking it. But regardless we can't have people not in the administration doing things like this. It undermines our system of government.

How long ago were those witness tampering charges?

There is a segment of our society that routinely does this. Most for personal gain, but some as representives of the deep state.

Oh god. Didn't realize you were a deep state Bannon guy.

Manafort is objectively a terrible person. I hope he rots in jail for whatever charges get brought against him. I can buy that Trump didn’t know what Manafort and others were doing, bc this asshole Manafort was in it for himself regardless if it put him against our country. His track record clearly shows that. Anyone who cheers for this guy to be pardoned is “disrespecting the flag” way more than Kaepernick ever did.

Reactions: Hermbike and cems52
Manafort is objectively a terrible person. I hope he rots in jail for whatever charges get brought against him. I can buy that Trump didn’t know what Manafort and others were doing, bc this asshole Manafort was in it for himself regardless if it put him against our country. His track record clearly shows that. Anyone who cheers for this guy to be pardoned is “disrespecting the flag” way more than Kaepernick ever did.
Yep....a complete POS and had no business being hired to lead an American campaign as a chairman.

I think the Kerry Iran metteling happened after January 2017, when he was not Secretary of State.

I also believe that he sat down with the Iranian Bullahs after January 2017, in which he acted on behalf of the US Government.

I also believe he did not register as a foreign agent.

If all of those were true, wouldn’t he have broken the law?

I mean Rerun, you can’t go sell milk for the company that just fired you as their Milk Selling representative, just because you have milk in your tank.

Right?

I think the Kerry Iran metteling happened after January 2017, when he was not Secretary of State.

I also believe that he sat down with the Iranian Bullahs after January 2017, in which he acted on behalf of the US Government.

I mean Rerun, you can’t go sell milk for the company that just fired you as their Milk Selling representative, just because you have milk in your tank.

Right?
What about Manafort? Stop changing the subject.

What about Manafort? Stop changing the subject.
Cems, I am addressing Mr Lou and his question about Kerry.

The law says private citizens can not act on behalf of the US Government, which it appears Kerry has done.

Right?

Lots of "I think" or "I believe" in your post, which thankfully isn't enough in our legal system. You need proven facts and your opinions are not facts. With that said I don't know the specifics of the law itself and I don't know exactly what Kerry did and didn't do, which is why I said what I said.

Reactions: Strack_Cane
Lots of "I think" or "I believe" in your post, which thankfully isn't enough in our legal system. You need proven facts and your opinions are not facts. With that said I don't know the specifics of the law itself and I don't know exactly what Kerry did and didn't do, which is why I said what I said.
Ok. These things all happened.

Now what you got?

Ok. These things all happened.

Now what you got?

Again I have no idea what the specifics of the law are. If you assume that the actions you describe are factual and that those actions are in violation of the law then the answer is obvious. My guess that you don't know exactly what the law says and exactly what Kerry did or didn't do.

Logan Act is clear:

Private correspondence with foreign governments

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT