ADVERTISEMENT

My Contrarian take .

ddimaggio

SuperCane
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2006
Of course the expected melt down occurred. Manny derangement syndrome.
My speculation is that they took a swing for the fences ( Mario )and struck out. I was always skeptical about Mario and our chances. I was excited actually by the prospects of him coming , and was coming around to the belief that Mario to the U was very possible. My mistake. I should have relied on my initial instincts. I believe I was right . I didn’t fall totally for the Mario myth I also believe that Mario is not a quick fix guy , he’s a program builder . He was the clear upgrade I thought was worth the significant cost .
He’s not viable at this time in my opinion . Unfortunately.

So without a clear front runner , and with the unreliable Twitter noise about Lane , the administration took a step back and decided to take a measures approach with the hiring of a seasoned AD .

My unpopular view has not changed . Change for Change sake makes no sense. We need a guy who is a killer , a top recruiter who can upgrade the roster on a consistent basis , who has experience running top programs. Gary I think shared this view .

Firing Manny only satisfies blood lust. It really doesn’t get us to the promised land of a consistently better team. We are not a mess team wise , unlike UF or Texas for that matter .
Any news coach needs to be a home run . Period

I’m still focused on the hire that will get us moving forward. Who is out there ? Are they available. Real candidates, not Urban or the like

Reactions: HERBIELILY
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News