ADVERTISEMENT

Never Forget My Fellow Hurricane Fans...

advarkas

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2007
Hometown: Coral Gables; Currently: Downtown FTL
25 years ago today... Wow... Can't believe it- seems like just yesterday I was an 11 year old walking around the neighborhood after Andrew hit. Two weeks without power, a street full of debris, and a busted up back deck... And we were one of the lucky ones.

I can still see the military vehicles driving up and down US1. I can still smell salt water and debris covering all of the sidewalks and side streets. I can still hear the cries of friends and neighbors late at night trying to cope with what had just happened... My most vivid memory was seeing a 5 block line at McDonalds as people waited for someone, something, anything. For three months South Florida was a third world country, and for many, life was never the same.

There was no Facebook in 1992. No iPhones. No Bluetooth. No advanced internet. No Delivery Dudes, Uber, or other apps of convenience. There was Bryan Norcross though- on TV, on the Radio, and Live on site... A true community hero. A man who will go down as a South Florida legend.

August 24, 1992. Never forget.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News