ADVERTISEMENT

No way we ever compete with the big boys anytime soon

ape32608

SuperCane
Gold Member
May 17, 2011
@gary, you say that miami can be miami again. I say no way. Not with the way the current NCAA is. The top tier head coaches are making $7-$10 million a year. OC/DC making millions a year. Now just look at Bama's coaching staff. For crying out loud, the O Line coach is a former NFL HEAD COACH! There analysts are former head coaches/coordinators. While we have Grad assist./high school coaches as analysts. They spend tens of millions per season on staff. We can't come close to that. At the end of the day coaching matters a lot! Even the worst recruiters will do well if they consistently put players in the NFL. These kids all have dreams of playing in the NFL. I'll continue to root for my Canes but in no way do i get mad anymore at these blow out loses. This has been the norm for a while now and feel like it will continue to be that way. You get what you pay for and our coaching is average at best. I see us never being able to spend the money needed to contend at a national stage. For ya'll saying that we should go after Urban Meyer if he fails in the NFL. Lol good luck with that one. Dude is not coming here. Too many rich schools will have a bidding war for his services. I believe the best we'll do is someone like Mario and i don't even think he's a great coach. Great recruiter yes but not a good coach. Our glory years was when college football was truly an amateur event. College football today is a pro sport. I don't care what anyone says. Bama, Clemson, Georgia even Oregon are professional teams PERIOD! Look at there budgets!! Bama even moves entire families in order to get the elite recruits and give the family jobs!! WTF. Maybe i'm the doomer but this is my reality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News