ADVERTISEMENT

Not saying I’m sold one way or the other on global warming but

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2005
If you do believe that it’s getting hotter every year (that’s global warming right? Key word being warm) how do you explain where I live in Central Fl where the hottest it’s ever gotten was 103 degrees in 1921, 1975 and 1998. I mean wouldn’t you expect that every year would break the previous years heat index record? Clearly that’s not even remotely close to being the case.

now this is a subject that I’m not going to pretend to be real educated in hence me saying in the beginning that I’m not really sold a hundred percent either way on it being real or not.

how do you explain this though?

If you do believe that it’s getting hotter every year (that’s global warming right? Key word being warm) how do you explain where I live in Central Fl where the hottest it’s ever gotten was 103 degrees in 1921, 1975 and 1998. I mean wouldn’t you expect that every year would break the previous years heat index record? Clearly that’s not even remotely close to being the case.

now this is a subject that I’m not going to pretend to be real educated in hence me saying in the beginning that I’m not really sold a hundred percent either way on it being real or not.

It is an interesting topic but people need to look at the broad picture ... man's impact on the planet is vastly over stated. There is a thing out there called THE SUN that is incredibly large and hot as in nuclear blast hot. Changes in solar activity and planet orbits end up having a dramatic impact on the temperature of mother earth and everything that happens on it.

CO2 levels in the atmosphere today are around 400 ppm (parts per million). Everybody is trying to focus on MAN MADE INCREASES IN CO2 LEVELS. 400 MILLION years ago CO2 levels in the atmosphere were around 6000 PPM ... and there were no V8 engines causing "greenhouse effect". 65 million years ago CO2 levels were between 2000 - 4000 PPM. 2 million years ago 400 PPM. The sun and solar activity primarily dictate the climate conditions on this fragile orb. Everything else is BS to raise money from the "Hollywood elite" in California.

There has been a measured increase in certain temperatures over the last few decades, particularly ocean temperatures.
It’s possibly ( more likely than not ) a function of increased carbon emissions
So I’m not a climate denier
BUT , the proposals being advanced and the zealousness of the Green adherents, is ridiculous
Plunging us into a economic hell is not a strategy. I truly believe that the gas price increase is a deliberate effort to advance the demise of the internal combustion engine.
Electric vehicles make up around 3% of new car sales , Hybrids another 5%. So 92% of all new cars ( and trucks ) are gas powered.
They will constitute the used car market for decades.
EV’s are not viable for low income people. Yet at least.
The proper approach in my opinion is to acknowledge the probability of increases temperatures and the effect that we may have on that and act responsibly to address the issue.
Wind , solar , Gas , oil clean coal etc all have a role
That is something that the Woke greenies can’t apparently accept .

Perhaps you need a larger sample size like 400 years. Just saying.

This global warming horse shitt is nothing more than scare you .. None of their so called Perdiction has come close to being true since mid 60s…

Reactions: krvanness
Perhaps you need a larger sample size like 400 years. Just saying.
I don’t get it. So you’re saying that man through air pollution has been causing a hole in the ozone for 400 years that’s allowing more damaging sun light to get through?

I don’t get it. So you’re saying that man through air pollution has been causing a hole in the ozone for 400 years that’s allowing more damaging sun light to get through?
You missed my point. Only looking at 1921, 1975 and 1998 to prove your point is not enough data (time). If you looked at the temperature changes over the previous 400 years you might have a more accurate assessment.

Temperatures will vary from region to region and from time to time but by averaging large areas and long period of time the global warming trend is loud and clear. Warming is also evident in a suite of other indicators including loss of sea ice, glaciers and ice sheets; increasing ocean heat content; rising sea level; and geographic shifts in the ranges of plants and animals on land and in the ocean.

Reactions: 6882 and zackbear
You missed my point. Only looking at 1921, 1975 and 1998 to prove your point is not enough data (time). If you looked at the temperature changes over the previous 400 years you might have a more accurate assessment.
Should we not go back even further then? If we do, it's easy to see that these fluctuations have happened since the earth was formed. Where my house is in Utah was once a part of Lake Bonneville and would have been hundreds of feet under water back then. Those damn cavemen and their SUV's caused this. If only they had solar panels and EV's back then, this whole thing could have been avoided and Utah would still be full of beach front property.

Reactions: krvanness

First of all you are talking about a weather event and not a climate event. I guarantee you the average temperatures are going up. Be glad that high temperature records are not being broken every year, if they were we would be beyond help. Since you live in Florida here is a climate record for you; last years hurricane season there was a record # of named storms and this years is predicted to be very active as well.
Also global warming is a misnomer, I prefer to call it “man made climate change “ .

Should we not go back even further then? If we do, it's easy to see that these fluctuations have happened since the earth was formed. Where my house is in Utah was once a part of Lake Bonneville and would have been hundreds of feet under water back then. Those damn cavemen and their SUV's caused this. If only they had solar panels and EV's back then, this whole thing could have been avoided and Utah would still be full of beach front property.
I threw out 400 years to make a point about statistical samplings. Frankly, as you correctly stated, he could go back further. However, I'm not sure how you would get the data. Lol

I threw out 400 years to make a point about statistical samplings. Frankly, as you correctly stated, he could go back further. However, I'm not sure how you would get the data. Lol
Just google it, silly. Ha ha. The data is clear when we look at what we call "The Benches" of the mountains in the Salt Lake Valley. Those "benches" were the shoreline of Lake Bonneville and are just less than halfway up the mountains.

Our country isn’t 400 years old. My point is, I don’t get what we have to do with what you’re saying. I’m not saying that our planet isn’t changing, just that our country isn’t single handedly causing those changes.

Temperatures will vary from region to region and from time to time but by averaging large areas and long period of time the global warming trend is loud and clear. Warming is also evident in a suite of other indicators including loss of sea ice, glaciers and ice sheets; increasing ocean heat content; rising sea level; and geographic shifts in the ranges of plants and animals on land and in the ocean.
Isn’t that just evolution? Human beings didn’t kill the dinosaurs. The sun exists, it’s been looking upon our planet since it’s inception. Stuff’s going to happen, right?

First of all you are talking about a weather event and not a climate event. I guarantee you the average temperatures are going up. Be glad that high temperature records are not being broken every year, if they were we would be beyond help. Since you live in Florida here is a climate record for you; last years hurricane season there was a record # of named storms and this years is predicted to be very active as well.
Also global warming is a misnomer, I prefer to call it “man made climate change “ .
I’m not following, sorry. Please further explain. I want to hear this.

Say global warming is hypothetically a real thing, is it a diabolical republican attack on our planet? Cem, you got this? What say you?

Our country isn’t 400 years old. My point is, I don’t get what we have to do with what you’re saying. I’m not saying that our planet isn’t changing, just that our country isn’t single handedly causing those changes.
I don't recall anybody saying the US is the only country causing this problem. Every inhabitant of the planet has a hand in this problem.

Except there was a mini-ice age around that time.
There has been 4-5 ice ages like there have been warm periods in the planets history .. Nothing new here .. Fuccking Dems pushing these climate warming bullshitt ..

There is a lot of hyberbole about global warming. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the primary driving force of Earth's weather is the Sun of which we have no control over. Some libbie's act like the history of the planet began when AOC was elected.

Most of the statistics being thrown around must be taken with a grain of salt. Technology and methods make comparing 100 year different data largely irrelevant. Let's take temperature, 100 years ago there was probably one station recording daily temperature in Miami. Using the old style thermometer and probably taken near Biscayne Bay. In 2022 there are hundreds of very accurate thermometers in many places. Certainly the temperature at Krome and Kendall is hotter than the sea breeze cooled Biscayne Blvd? But if someone has a global warming agenda, Voila, the result is "look temperatures are 3 degrees hotter in Miami than 100 years ago". Another one that makes me laugh is more hurricanes. 1n the 1920's Hurricanes were recorded when things were broken. Now with Satelite images, long range aircraft, drones, etc. we see everything. Last year there must have been 5 named stroms in the middle of the Atlantic that touched no land. Those would not be part of 1921 statistics, but when looking for funding for a "hysterical - global warming causing more hurricanes" study, that becomes the title.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT